NEWS

Quick Healer

• 5 Replies

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« on: <07-03-18/1417:20> »
SR5 p. 77 Quick Healer
A character with the Quick Healer quality receives a +2 dice pool modifier to all Healing Tests made on/for/by her, including magical healing.

SR5 p. 450 Medikit
Wireless: ...can operate itself with a dice pool of Medkit Rating x 2 and a limit equal to its Rating.

on/for/by means you can replace it with just 'on' or just 'for' or just 'by', yes?

On her could for example mean that someone else get a positive dice pool modifier to use first aid on her?

For her could for example mean when she use a medkit, turn it wireless on and use it on someone else. The medkit would get a positive dice pool modifier while taking the first aid test for her?

By her could for example mean that she use First Aid on her teammate. She would get a positive dice pool modifier on the first aid test made by her?
« Last Edit: <07-03-18/1418:54> by Xenon »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-03-18/1420:29> »
Yes to all of that. Quick Healer is a very neat quality.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #2 on: <07-03-18/1644:58> »
RAW yes but RAI is that it's not meant to be for healing others. Just for any tests on yourself. SRM fixed that ages ago:

What tests do the Positive Quality Quick Healer effect?
Quick Healer (SR5, pg. 77) only affects healing tests made on the characters with the quality. It does not help
him heal other characters.
« Last Edit: <07-03-18/1649:09> by Michael Chandra »
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <07-03-18/1843:42> »
Based on the context, I think "Healing Tests made [by] the character" would be referring to natural healing. For example: the Body+Body test to recover Physical damage.

Really it should just be stated as "+2 dice on any tests made to heal the character"

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <07-03-18/2353:26> »
Wow. This makes total sense and I was really wondering about the wording. Thanks.
Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <07-04-18/0149:06> »
Rapid Healing have a much more clear definition...

SRM fixed that ages ago:

What tests do the Positive Quality Quick Healer effect?
Quick Healer (SR5, pg. 77) only affects healing tests made on the characters with the quality. It does not help him heal other characters.
Perfect. Thanks Michael.