It is the new crack.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #1 on: <05-26-11/1545:12> »
Nah.

I play WoW, and while I understand RIFT is prettier, sexier, and all round better, I have a extensive network of friends and a considerable amount of time and effort invested in WoW. I don't have a whole lot of desire to jump into a new game where I'm a level zero nobody who doesn't know anyone and has to learn the ropes all over again, only with a far smaller player base to network with and make friends.

i suspect my situation is pretty common.

-k

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-26-11/2044:44> »
I play (Well played - Cryptography is kicking my ass right now) and I love it - so much so my entire raiding group ditched WoW to play Rift.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <05-26-11/2223:10> »
You can import friends over from WoW, like DV did, and you can always make new ones.  It's not like there's a huge barrier to internet friends.  If you connect with someone, then you friend them.  If you don't like someone, squelch/ignore them.

While Rift is, at it's heart, a WoW clone, that's only because WoW brought a winning formula to the table.  And Rift corrects a few errors that WoW doesn't, and introduces some interesting gameplay to the table.  It's not new new gameplay, but it is a collection of some of the best ideas out there and refines them.  It's good stuff.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #4 on: <05-27-11/0851:35> »
Good way to put it, Gun Nut. It's not my primary game (LotRO holds that position), but I spend a good deal of time there.
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

Goodwin

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <05-27-11/1243:15> »
I'll never play another!  Rift looked good, but Warhammer Online was so promising and it broke my heart.  I'll never trust another.

*runs off crying* Never again!

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <05-27-11/1302:47> »
I'll never play another!  Rift looked good, but Warhammer Online was so promising and it broke my heart.  I'll never trust another.

*runs off crying* Never again!
Show us on the doll where the bad game dev touched you...
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Goodwin

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <05-31-11/0149:48> »
Right on my Chosen!

desdinova81

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <06-22-11/2322:54> »
Was playing pretty heavily until the last few weeks.  I'll get back to it soon, just got other stuff taking up my time

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #9 on: <06-22-11/2359:15> »
It's all crack cocaine to me, and I'll never touch another MMO  :-X :-[ :'(

*twitch*twitch*
...but I can see your screenshots right? They're free?
...and a trailer or two.... that won't hurt anybody....
...and if I just monitor the fan-sites and wiki's, you won't tell, will you?
... it'll be our little secret....

'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law