NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #495 on: <01-02-17/2022:15> »
...using ver 1.87.

Attempting to open the selection menu of Negative Qualities in Gear/Lifestyle/Advanced Lifestyles triggers a crash.  Repeated the process a few times with all ending up in the same result.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #496 on: <01-02-17/2059:08> »
@firebug: I've fixed the Assensing part in the latest nightly. Karma costs for powers are kind of a mess, since there's some overlap with other stuff. I'll look into fixing it, but as is the best way to manage it yourself is to make a custom karma expense on the Karma and Nuyen tab and add the power for free.

@kyoto kid: I don't support old versions of Chummer. Update to the latest stable or nightly release.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #497 on: <01-02-17/2331:37> »
...there's another one out already?  I just installed  ver .187 only a  week or so ago.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #498 on: <01-02-17/2348:27> »
That's a fair effort, considering that 5.189.0 was released 16 days ago and 5.187.0 was released on November 6.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #499 on: <01-03-17/0254:47> »
....must have DL'd  it just a day or so beforehand then as that was what I got when I clicked the link in the sig.  With the holidays, guess I lost track of time (especially easy to do when you get older as time seems to go by a lot faster for some reason). 

Anyway, yes,1 .89 solved the issue.

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #500 on: <01-03-17/1655:59> »
Umm...what?

It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #501 on: <01-03-17/2007:17> »
Point Buy, yes? This issue should be fixed in the latest nightlies.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #502 on: <01-03-17/2123:07> »
@firebug: I've fixed the Assensing part in the latest nightly. Karma costs for powers are kind of a mess, since there's some overlap with other stuff. I'll look into fixing it, but as is the best way to manage it yourself is to make a custom karma expense on the Karma and Nuyen tab and add the power for free.

Thank you very much for all the work you've put in, I and my players benefit a lot from your effort.  It's really incredibly useful, even just as a depository for everything that's available to be in one place, it's invaluable.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #503 on: <01-03-17/2133:27> »
Point Buy, yes? This issue should be fixed in the latest nightlies.

Karma, and I have the latest nightly. I fixed it by allowing characters to exceed both their positive and negative quality limits.

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #504 on: <01-05-17/1007:55> »
Hrm. I haven't been able to replicate it; if you've still got a copy of the pre-career file I'd like to see it and figure out what's going on.

Also, looking for some feedback on the Adept Powers UI; I'm refactoring a bunch of the backend to make mentor spirits less awful to work with, so it's as good a time as any to put some polish on the power controls. Is there any additional detail that should be visible that isn't? Any ways in which the existing controls are hard to read?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #505 on: <01-05-17/1407:56> »
Hrm. I haven't been able to replicate it; if you've still got a copy of the pre-career file I'd like to see it and figure out what's going on.

I already transferred over to career mode, and I don't believe I have a build mode copy. It was just an NPC for a mission I'm drawing up, so it's not a huge issue. I haven't had it happen to any other characters, so maybe it was just a one-off glitch?

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #506 on: <01-07-17/1607:37> »
...small issue with purchasing gear. when moving a character to career mode.

Sleeping Tiger suit is Availability 10 however the Ruthenium Polymer feature it has is blocking me from saving a new character to career mode.  I know this is one of those "cheat" pieces of gear (along with Zoe Second Skin) however previous releases allowed moving the character to career mode. 

As the character I am trying to save has already been created there is no way to temporarily change this limit without starting from scratch and either increasing the availability limit or turning rules "off" before moving to the build phase.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #507 on: <01-09-17/0626:36> »
Strictly speaking, if the character is valid aside from that, you can just open the file up in notepad and change the Created node to True on line 57 or so. I'll fix up the availability issue as soon as possible in the nightly builds.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #508 on: <01-09-17/1354:45> »
Two things re: knowledge skills in career mode.

1. When I try to add improvements to a knowledge skill, the Select Value drop down menu doesn't have any options.
2. When I add a new knowledge skill that isn't preexisting, I don't get the option to link the appropriate attribute to reflect if it's professional, interest, etc.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #509 on: <01-09-17/1842:13> »
Provided you haven't spent the first point of karma to lock the knowledge skill, you should be able to freely change the skill category to Interest or Professional or whatever, does that not work?

I've fixed the knowledge skill issue and the armor validity issue in the latest nightly builds.