NEWS

Upcoming Shadowrun releases

• 1367 Replies

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #540 on: <07-08-15/1851:43> »
How about a street date for Chrome Flesh?
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #541 on: <07-08-15/1931:43> »
Nothing official yet, but if we look at Data Trails for reference, probably about a month or so after GenCon...so late Aug / early Sept?

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #542 on: <07-13-15/2127:21> »
Hoi, chummers! First, I just want to thank you guys (Crimsondude and AJCarrington) for being a constant supply of awesome information. My query is thus: as soon as Data Trails came out in pdf there were rumblings of a technomancer-specific add-on or book coming down the pipe. I know its too early to ask for details, but is there a title for which I can keep my eyes peeled?

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #543 on: <07-13-15/2151:09> »
Not something that I've got anything official on, but will see what I can dig up.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #544 on: <07-13-15/2251:15> »
There isn't, that I know of, yet.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #545 on: <07-13-15/2336:02> »
The author's still doing research I believe, so writing's a bit off, and release will be a bit after that. I'd say that it won't happen in the next three months, but could be possible by year's end? This is just speculative, but at least you won't be thinking it'll drop, like, at GenCOn or the like.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #546 on: <07-14-15/0004:22> »
Hoi, chummers! First, I just want to thank you guys (Crimsondude and AJCarrington) for being a constant supply of awesome information. My query is thus: as soon as Data Trails came out in pdf there were rumblings of a technomancer-specific add-on or book coming down the pipe. I know its too early to ask for details, but is there a title for which I can keep my eyes peeled?
Nothing public.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #547 on: <07-14-15/1147:51> »
To support up the comments above, confirmed with Jason that this IS a product under development, but too early to talk about timelines and such.

ShadowMaster

• Newb
« Reply #548 on: <07-16-15/0648:36> »
Hi! I haven't introduced myself, but I'm Amy Veeres, a freelancer with Catalyst. I've written some stuff for Chrome Flesh and a new book in the 10 ______s series, but this thread is about something you'll see from me either late this year or early next, a book entirely about Technomancers!

This is from the post, http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=20871.0

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #549 on: <07-17-15/0343:51> »
Wow, thank you everyone for replying in such a timely and comprehensive manner! Its really nice to see such a flurry of response to a single question from just another player.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #550 on: <07-24-15/1052:56> »
Reposting this from the Shadowrun tumblr, because AJCarrington shouldn't get to have all the fun.

Last night, Jason posted an outline of the Shadowrun tabletop RPG books planned through the end of 2017 for the freelancers to see, and that the list is AH-MAH-ZING.

And this is just supplements/sourcebooks; it doesn’t include the e-books and novels. What I know of that is slightly more than you do (Names of a few titles), but … Y’all, I’m stoked.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #551 on: <07-24-15/1415:42> »
 ;)

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #552 on: <07-24-15/1836:30> »
I started looking for news on that. ::) Then I realised; "for the freelancers to see" ... is that a new thing for you guys?

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #553 on: <07-24-15/2054:58> »
I started looking for news on that. ::) Then I realised; "for the freelancers to see" ... is that a new thing for you guys?
No.

We get some sort of outline every year before Gen Con and the freelancer summit. However, it can and does change over time for various reasons. That said, I'm excited for a couple of reasons: (1) Personally, I haven't had the opportunity to write anything since 2012, but now I have time and other circumstances that afford me this opportunity, and (2) the last two years have been focused on releasing the Fifth Edition core expansion books, but now we're into the meat of the 5th Edition era as a setting with the rules in place or imminently in place. The only core expansion books left are the rigger and technomancer handbooks, but now we're going to focus on sourcebooks like the corporate handbook, the Seattle box set, and other products that build on the full rulesets and existing sourcebooks. And while I have to be vague, I'm rather excited about the plots and ideas that Shadowrun will be focusing on in those future books.

I definitely shouldn't mention this lest I stir up wild speculation, but one of the things I have been able to do besides run the tumblr is that I recently updated the Shadowrun wikia's list of AA-rated megacorporations because there is a plot sparked in Bloody Business (Earlier, actually, but it really gets going in BB) where that list will become relevant.

Darzil

• Omae
« Reply #554 on: <07-25-15/0952:03> »
(2) the last two years have been focused on releasing the Fifth Edition core expansion books, but now we're into the meat of the 5th Edition era as a setting with the rules in place or imminently in place. The only core expansion books left are the rigger and technomancer handbooks, but now we're going to focus on sourcebooks like the corporate handbook, the Seattle box set, and other products that build on the full rulesets and existing sourcebooks. And while I have to be vague, I'm rather excited about the plots and ideas that Shadowrun will be focusing on in those future books.
I hope that can be parsed that you're going to focus on sourcebooks as rigger and technomancer are on their way already, rather than that they are being put on hold whilst sourcebooks are worked on, which would be a major disappointment to many.