NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1080 on: <07-23-13/0143:16> »
The sudden swerve of the vehicle caught O'Connor off guard and his head knocked off of the rifle, "Ow, that was uncalled for. Red, when we hit this place in Tacoma, keep an eye out for Clem's sense of humor."
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1081 on: <07-23-13/0230:15> »
"You really think that was for Matt," Sammy said, "And secondly, you really think I've never met an elf before?"
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1082 on: <07-23-13/0238:28> »
"Just be glad I didn't go for the ribs, Con. That would have made for a real laugh."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1083 on: <07-23-13/0244:19> »
O'Connor prodded the area when his head hit the rifle, checking to see if it was bleeding and if it would bruise, "Yeah, a real riot."
« Last Edit: <07-23-13/0405:35> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #1084 on: <07-23-13/0340:56> »
Johnny got out of the car on the opposite side of the elf and re-situated the pistol out of sight under his shirt. He stretched out his shoulder muscles which had started to cramp and winced at his bruises. He walked around to lean on the front bumper next to Sammy before he started speaking quietly "I just thought of something. Its very hard for someone to beat me in close quarters. Hell its very hard for several someones to beat me at hand to hand. Its what I do. But I've been worked over really well from what my bruises tell me. Which makes me think I was incapacitated or out numbered by ninja orks when I got the crap kicked outta me." Johnny sighed and looked over the tops of his shades at Sammy "I'm just worried about kicking in doors without knowing what happened to us, or who we're up against. I mean the group listens to you for the most part and I'd feel better if someone were to suggest a little more recon before going in guns ablaze. "
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1085 on: <07-23-13/0915:31> »
"Baby, you ain't never met THIS elf before, we could start a whole meta of Latin love children." Jesus grins as he leads the group towards one of the taller piles.

When he reaches it, he disappears suddenly.  It takes a second to realize he quickly squeezed into a narrow cut-out almost hidden in the junk.  When you follow, it quickly spreads to an open and large space with enough light to see a junk museum of rusting military monoliths.  Tanks, helicopters, cargo planes, heavy artillery pieces, an LAV and other unidentifiable blocks of metal are precariously on display.  Holes in fuselage, bent barrels, and vehicles that don't look like they have moved in this half of the 21st century, if they were even built in the first half, are strewn about carelessly.  The elf stands there as if in a model showroom, his arms out.  "What chu think of my toys cabrones?"

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1086 on: <07-23-13/0947:16> »
Sammy looked around.  She wasn't a technical person, so she couldn't say what was what, but nothing in this pile of junk seemed capable of taking off.  Well, at least she now had found the guy's weak spot if it should be necessary.
"And which one is the one we'll be boarding?"
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1087 on: <07-24-13/0435:17> »
Jesus sounds playful as he answers vaguely, "The one that flies chica."

Looking round the clearing, there doesn't seem to be a single aircraft capable of starting, let alone flying.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1088 on: <07-24-13/1750:58> »
"So it's the one that still has to arrive," Sammy said as she looked at all the wrecks, trying to find one that just could go.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1089 on: <07-24-13/1910:29> »
"No chica, the Ghost is here.  Tell you what, since we got some time, les play a leetle game.  If one of you can guess which one ees my little Ghost from where chu are, I take 10g off da trip.  If no, you gotta give a kiss....and dinner at the top o' the needle after we get you home."  Jesus looks at Matty, "And you no get to help, homes, so keep it tight."

Jesus looks at the rest of you, smug certainty on his face.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1090 on: <07-26-13/0944:38> »
"No chica, the Ghost is here.  Tell you what, since we got some time, les play a leetle game.  If one of you can guess which one ees my little Ghost from where chu are, I take 10g off da trip.  If no, you gotta give a kiss....and dinner at the top o' the needle after we get you home."  Jesus looks at Matty, "And you no get to help, homes, so keep it tight."

Jesus looks at the rest of you, smug certainty on his face.

Listening to Jesus's banter, Sam stayed silent, maintaining an air of casual indifference. Now, that's a loaded bet if I ever heard one. Ten grand versus a dinner? No one offers those sorts of odds unless they've rigged the game, he thought to himself. Still, 10 grand is 10 grand... Suspecting that the vehicle was cloaking itself in some way, he started looking around the area.

[spoiler]Ok, GM. I (as a player) am willing to bet that the "Ghost" has a chameleon coating, and is probably faking a massive hole or some such. Sam's not much of a tech guy, so he may not know specifically what sorts of things to look for, but he is a people guy, so he's going to be trying to figure out how Jesus is rigging the game (and will also be checking Jesus out for any subtle "tells", like deliberately not looking at a specific area of the yard. I'll let you determine the dice pool for this test.

Sam's normal perception DP is 10, 12 for visual; 14 for judge intentions. Not going to use edge--Sam's not that involved in the bet.
[/spoiler]
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1091 on: <07-26-13/1215:12> »
When Torley begins to to put his considerable perceptions to the task he makes several conclusions, This Jesus is a thrill seeker, probably makes these kinds of crazy bets all the time.  He definitely is truly interested in the possibility of romance with Sammy, and recognizes her.  These two facts make the finding of a tell really difficult or trustworthy if seen.  A more amateur reader would have fallen for the false trail of his tells indicating a Cessna at his 2 o'clock, but Sam had already discounted it and all other winged aircraft of that type, in spite of a painted image of friendly ghost barely visible on the far side. 

There was not enough room for runway bound long distance craft.  Eliminating those leaves four helicopters and the LAV.  Chameleon coating can't put a 45 degree bend in an LAV fuselage, even if it could duplicate the hole the bend created.  Torley was leaning towards the fairly beat-up, but intact, craft at Jesus' 8 o'clock, then he notes a file folder with hardcopy still inside partially pinned under one of the skids.  He wasn't a tech guy, but he understood propwash.  A missing tail leaves two real possibilities, sitting next to each other.  A rusting and pitted antique that is sitting canted with one skid on a desk and a rotor touching the ground and one with bullet and other larger holes stitching the side, a missing door and a visible fluid leak.

50/50 shot?

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1092 on: <07-28-13/0750:52> »
Sammy was looking at the vehicles, or at least the wrecks as far as she could see.  She knew enough about technology to use a commlink and to keep it reasonably safe against hackers, but that was about it.
"Anybody has a clue," she asked her teammates.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1093 on: <07-28-13/0834:35> »
Sam smiled slightly and nodded towards the "wreck" with the missing door. "The disguise is very nicely done, but given how long these wrecks have been here...why is that one still leaking? I hope he turns that off before we leave."
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1094 on: <07-29-13/0215:51> »
"You sure," she asked, looking a bit closer at the one Sam had indicated.  The only tech she understood was her commlink and some stuff from the trids.  As she had started backstage she did know a couple of things about what went on behind the set, but that was about it.