NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1035 on: <04-14-13/2315:07> »
Alright, so now the guy can either tase Fionn, or let us go.  If he does the former, he looks like the bad guy and it's believable as justified for Clem and O'Connor to deal with him non-lethally - and the fire alarm's about to go off anyways, so we're getting out of there regardless.

I just hope the stun damage isn't enough to knock Fionn out - he's halfway there as it is.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1036 on: <04-15-13/1219:49> »
CB, dunno if you want a perception roll for this. I'm looking to see who's where, since Sam's been out for a decent amount of time (by the way, what time is it, anyhow?). I know Heron & Sammy are still there; are the cook & waitresses the same? How big's the crowd? Anyone who stands out--clearly richer/poorer than the rest, etc.?

Also, just FYI, I can't access rolz.org from my office computer. I can get there on my phone, but that's a bit awkward. Bummer about Invisible Castle going down. :(
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1037 on: <04-15-13/1521:34> »
Sure, give me a perception roll whatever way you can.  If Castle stays down I will have to figure something else eventually, still in the end of semester crush here, but I will make some post later tonight for the benefit of both groups.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1038 on: <04-15-13/1537:45> »
Sure, give me a perception roll whatever way you can.  If Castle stays down I will have to figure something else eventually, still in the end of semester crush here, but I will make some post later tonight for the benefit of both groups.

Ok, copying from my phone...
12D6E5 => [ 1; 6; 4; 1; 5; 5; 5; 2; 5; 5; 1; 1; => 6 success(es) against 5 ] = 6 | ones: 4
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1039 on: <04-15-13/1938:03> »
Based on the specific error, Castle should be coming back up at some point - this particular error is sent by the server, which means that the server is at least responsive.  Little bit of searching when it first happened seemed to show that it wasn't the first time this has happened - occurances were back in 2009, mind you.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1040 on: <04-16-13/1938:57> »
Crossbow: Shouldn't the fire alarm have gone off before we got out of the store?  Fionn rigged it to go off in 20 seconds, and I would think it would have taken at least that long to reach the door at a walking pace.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1041 on: <04-16-13/1948:02> »
That's a good question. And I guess we don't see Ikari neither, right?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1042 on: <04-16-13/1950:57> »
Does it really even matter? We're out the door and gone at this point.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1043 on: <04-16-13/1952:58> »
Has to do with the guards following us.  The fire alarm should present them with a distraction that prevents them from doing so - especially since I seriously doubt there's any more security guards present.  Really, I'm a little surprised there's that many, but maybe that's something that's done differently up here.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1044 on: <04-16-13/2001:04> »
To me it makes sense. In a calm community, having somewhat of a disturbance will effectively get all the personnel in the same place. I've seen it happen many times in real life.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1045 on: <04-16-13/2011:06> »
Yeah, I'm more surprised that they'd have so many on shift at once.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1046 on: <04-16-13/2100:36> »
Sorry this is late, but will probably require some rewriting of IC posts...

Crossbow: Shouldn't the fire alarm have gone off before we got out of the store?  Fionn rigged it to go off in 20 seconds, and I would think it would have taken at least that long to reach the door at a walking pace.

Hard to tell exactly without a link, but surely by now yes, also...

"Seemed to.  Now the question is 'where the hell is he'."  Fionn spent a few seconds scrubbing his Resonance signature out of the security node before rebooting his wetware again.  "I could really stand to rest for a bit at this point, though - had to pull a lot of threads together to do a lot of different things, and the Fade hit me a little harder than I expected.  Should count my blessings, though - I was pretty sure that guy was going to tase me when I walked right past him."

...the security node is offline.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1047 on: <04-16-13/2115:58> »
...  Shouldn't Fionn have noticed that?  And, for that matter, shouldn't the fire alarm be audible (and if not, the bio-node would act as a commlink, so he'd be able to pick up on it anyways)?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1048 on: <04-16-13/2132:34> »
Fire alarm would have been audible if it had went off yes.  I mentioned the commlinks because that is what people generally use for timepieces, the timing was such that it pretty much happened about the time you posted going in to scrub, so let's work from that point.  I didn't think you would necessarily notice it if you were not in full VR, if that is not true, then we are going to call it part of your glitch and part wound modifier and go forward, okay?

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1049 on: <04-16-13/2134:48> »
M'kay.  In any case, still re-rebooting the bionode, which means that I'm on yet another new Access ID.  So, unless they've got another technomancer on staff (as only Resonance entities can perceive a Matrix signature), we should still be clean, or at least in theory.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites