NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #915 on: <03-12-13/0002:39> »
They could be henchmen, ie extras. That would explain their poor acting.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #916 on: <03-12-13/0005:06> »
I would think that would mean they wouldn't be at the location scout.  Though, consultants who have bit parts is a thing - Sons of Anarchy has an ex-Hell's Angels guy as a consultant who also plays a recurring character, for example.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #917 on: <03-12-13/0007:21> »
Yeah, that could work.

And sorry about your questions, guess I didn't read them the first time around. I'll get right on it.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #918 on: <03-12-13/0024:42> »
Yeah, that could work.

And sorry about your questions, guess I didn't read them the first time around. I'll get right on it.

I did edit them in and didn't say anything, think that's my fault.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #919 on: <03-12-13/0518:44> »
How long are you gone for?

a bit more than 2 weeks (from the 13th to the 28th).  Scuba diving in Indonesia.  Given the amount of snow that's still falling here in Belgium, not a day too soon to go to someplace warm.  8)
http://www.ondina.liveaboarddiving.net/
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #920 on: <03-12-13/0520:31> »
How long are you gone for?

a bit more than 2 weeks (from the 13th to the 28th).  Scuba diving in Indonesia.  Given the amount of snow that's still falling here in Belgium, not a day too soon to go to someplace warm.  8)
http://www.ondina.liveaboarddiving.net/

I am intensely jealous.  Have a good time!
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #921 on: <03-12-13/0845:23> »
Enjoy your trip!
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #922 on: <03-12-13/1306:37> »
Sorry I've been AWOL. I've been keeping up with everything from my phone but haven't had the ability to post in the last few days.

So Johnny is just talking like he would actually be working a movie out here. He's just burning time till Sam gets back. However since we've had a tour of the security do I need to worry about remembering where everything is in case we need the info later? Or spotting anything new?
« Last Edit: <03-12-13/1411:28> by irisheathen »
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #923 on: <03-12-13/1415:53> »
It is late winter in the Northern Hemisphere, everyone is either sick, looking to get awayor both.  Me?  I am stuck trying to play catch up on research papers I should have already been working on. :)

Looks like the criminals still don't need me yet, but I would caution against too much planning, it stifles creativity, runners need action.

The vacation for farothel is actually coming at a good time, I have someone lined up that is in the process of catching up at a new job, they will either drop in and start playing Heron until we find a graceful exit, or we could somehow just RET-CON his original character into the scene, anyone have thoughts on that?

Thvor, I am working on it, I promise.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #924 on: <03-12-13/1431:24> »
I have someone lined up that is in the process of catching up at a new job, they will either drop in and start playing Heron until we find a graceful exit, or we could somehow just RET-CON his original character into the scene, anyone have thoughts on that?

Is Gorean out? Did I miss that? o_O
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #925 on: <03-12-13/1551:55> »
I have someone lined up that is in the process of catching up at a new job, they will either drop in and start playing Heron until we find a graceful exit, or we could somehow just RET-CON his original character into the scene, anyone have thoughts on that?

Is Gorean out? Did I miss that? o_O

Nothing much to miss, he just decided this wasn't going to happen for him back when you guys were leaving the cabin.  I have a guy who wanted in the game originally that built a mage, so once he is settled down in his new job he will be in the game.  Like I said I was just thinking about doing a *GM hand wave* and say it was him all along, instead of havng him run Heron until we find a plausible place to swap out the characters.  Problem is I think he built a gnome.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #926 on: <03-12-13/1638:34> »
Enjoy your trip!

I will.  this is my last post here for the next two weeks.  See you all back soon.  8)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #927 on: <03-12-13/1746:40> »
Normally I'd rather avoid retcons, but given the nature of the game I doubt there's going to be another good way to bring him in for an inordinately long time.  Of course, if we do that probably need a quick listing of what information the guy's disclosed.

I mean, seriously, how good are the chances of this group bringing in someone new at this stage?
« Last Edit: <03-12-13/1957:56> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #928 on: <03-12-13/2156:20> »
Yeah, we can just pretend he was here all along. Like Rhat said, we just need to know what has been disclosed and such.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #929 on: <03-12-13/2200:58> »
Hopefully he's been following the thread, too - otherwise he'll probably need to read through.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites