NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #720 on: <02-22-13/2003:48> »
What we need to do is figure out how we're going to get back into Seattle, though.  I do not think we can simply drive in and expect it not to be an issue.

And Necro's right.  Though I do plan on having Fionn inquire about disposable commlinks and such on the basis that he has to get gear together for the rest of the crew.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #721 on: <02-22-13/2013:20> »
What we need to do is figure out how we're going to get back into Seattle, though.

Page 20 and on, in the IC thread, FWIW. Unless we're tossing all of that out?

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #722 on: <02-22-13/2024:01> »
I don't think we really settled on anything, you know?  What I'm getting at, though, is that we should probably not be in too much of a hurry to get out of Yakima before we even figure out if there's anything we should be doing in Yakima.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #723 on: <02-22-13/2037:56> »
We didn't, but there are questions still floating around, and ideas that we haven't made our way around to picking up or throwing out.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #724 on: <02-23-13/0519:05> »
I have a solution to the crossing the border problem.  Why don't I tell them the new movie is about smuggling and if they know some people who might be interested in doing technical advise on how it works in the real world?  That could get us into contact with some people without anybody knowing what's going on.  :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #725 on: <02-23-13/0529:17> »
Might be best if someone other than Sammy does that - star's not gonna be hiring on the consultants.  Torley could probably pass himself off as the producer or something, might work.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #726 on: <02-23-13/0530:11> »
Sounds like a good idea, Farothel. Probably our safest bet at this point.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #727 on: <02-23-13/0533:06> »
Might be best if someone other than Sammy does that - star's not gonna be hiring on the consultants.  Torley could probably pass himself off as the producer or something, might work.

It could be, but you're probably right and you are better at this than I am anyways.  Go for it I would say (you will have to let go of your waitress though  ;) ).
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #728 on: <02-23-13/0534:20> »

It could be, but you're probably right and you are better at this than I am anyways.  Go for it I would say (you will have to let go of your waitress though  ;) ).

Torley's not mine.  :P  For my part, Fionn's gonna be trying to figure out how to get ahold of some 'links and such, cheap-as-free.

(Don't worry, I have enough trouble keeping players and characters matched up right myself)
« Last Edit: <02-23-13/0538:20> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #729 on: <02-23-13/2312:58> »
Should we try forming a majority consensus?

Film crew? Puyallup border? Other?

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #730 on: <02-24-13/0010:44> »
I vote for film crew. Sammy is already drawing attention, so that would be the logical choice in my untrained opinion.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #731 on: <02-24-13/0048:02> »
Getting over the border as a film crew has certain complications, however - see: SINs.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #732 on: <02-24-13/0055:58> »
Border security might still be able to pull up info based on biometrics, but that could be a bigger issue for anyone who has more than one (fake) SIN at the moment. Coming back with multiple matches on an ID search doesn't do much for your credibility.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #733 on: <02-24-13/0104:37> »
Also a problem if you have a real one and a fake one.  And I'm 99% certain O'Connor has a criminal SIN.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #734 on: <02-24-13/0441:15> »
I think we should run the Puyallup border, its the least complicated plan. It doesn't require elaborate explanations and doesn't leave us indebted to any smuggler groups or the like. The only drawback is that it guarantees we get shot at  if things go south. If we go this route, we're going to want to steal off-road vehicles. I doubt the old ass SUV, laden down with eight people, is going to be able to outrun border patrol if we're spotted.
« Last Edit: <02-24-13/0444:21> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters