NEWS

error with bans

• 16 Replies

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« on: <04-04-11/1237:20> »
as you can see. i an post just fine from my home computer while the same account got banned on my work computer for multi-accounting. again
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <04-04-11/1604:31> »
Stahlseele, PM me with you work's IP address. It may be on our block list.

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <04-04-11/1650:36> »
Probably.
but, you know, it IS kinda hard to PM you WITH MY WORK IP . .
BECAUSE MY WORK IP IS BANNED. NO PM'S FROM THERE.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <04-04-11/1651:41> »
Probably.
Understandable. You can email it to me at FastJack@mattdroz.com. I'll be sure to look into it.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-04-11/1729:40> »
Probably.

You're unable to write down the IP and bring it home with you?
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <04-04-11/1828:13> »
our IT is so paranoid that half of the time, NOTHING really works . .
i'm about 50% convinced that even our head IT guy could not tell me the correct IP . .

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <04-04-11/2037:05> »
our IT is so paranoid that half of the time, NOTHING really works . .
i'm about 50% convinced that even our head IT guy could not tell me the correct IP . .

www.whatismyip.com will tell you whatever your externally-facing IP address is.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <04-05-11/0754:19> »
that page gave me THIS IP:

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #8 on: <04-05-11/0856:37> »
Ah, it was banned from your "CrankTrollFan" alt-account. I removed the IP ban (the alt-account is still banned). Let me know if you still have problems.

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <04-05-11/0949:23> »
seems to work . . well, as well as something CAN work in this IT <.<

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #10 on: <04-15-11/0751:40> »
seems to work . . well, as well as something CAN work in this IT <.<
Ahhh, IT. As bad as it is (in every large organisation, I ASSURE you!  :-X), it still let's me crank out a lot more work than if I had to write it by hand :P
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

alt.account

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <05-15-11/1237:55> »
You people DO realize that needing to register an alt.account in order to do anything about accounts being auto banned is kinda ironic, don't you?
Stahlseele < = got banned, because i changed the e-mail-address to one i do actually still use instead of the one i used to register under . .
And WHY?
because, appearantly, i used that same email for another try at registering, where i MISSPELLED/TYPOED the Handle and had Sthalseele instead of Stahlseele . .
As soon as i had changed my email from *thisisadummy*@web.de to *thisisanotherdummy*@arcor.de, i got automatically banned . .
So will somebody PLEASE delete that Sthalseele account and unban Stahlseele?
« Last Edit: <05-15-11/1244:16> by alt.account »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #12 on: <05-15-11/1332:10> »
You people DO realize that needing to register an alt.account in order to do anything about accounts being auto banned is kinda ironic, don't you?
Stahlseele < = got banned, because i changed the e-mail-address to one i do actually still use instead of the one i used to register under . .
And WHY?
because, appearantly, i used that same email for another try at registering, where i MISSPELLED/TYPOED the Handle and had Sthalseele instead of Stahlseele . .
As soon as i had changed my email from *thisisadummy*@web.de to *thisisanotherdummy*@arcor.de, i got automatically banned . .
So will somebody PLEASE delete that Sthalseele account and unban Stahlseele?
Ban's been removed.

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <05-15-11/1357:36> »
You work fast. Jack.
« Last Edit: <05-15-11/1653:08> by Stahlseele »

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #14 on: <05-15-11/2232:07> »
You work fast. Jack.
Doesn't matter how good the IT is. It's the people that drive it...
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law