NEWS

[IC] Underworld 93 - December 2072

• 161 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« on: <12-04-10/1744:40> »
OOC Note: Starting up a new thread for December.  Some of this may tie into SRM 04-00: Back In Business and the greater Season 4 Missions plot as a whole.  Please refrain from posting spoilers once the adventure is released.

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <12-04-10/1747:31> »
>>>>>[Seattle's always in motion, and the shadows always have something new and exciting waiting for those of us who tread it's dark corridors.  So, chummers, what's new and exciting this month?]<<<<<
     -- MacCallister (16:36:23/12-04-2072)

>>>>>[Christ, MacCallister.  You're getting melodramatic in your old age.]<<<<<
     -- Chaos (17:47:41/12-04-2072)

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <12-04-10/1756:21> »
>>>>>[Bloody brilliant.  ShadowSEA, here, the Denver Data Haven, and a half dozen other shadow nets, and no one knows a thing?  Guess I'll try one last time, then I'll cut bait and move on.  I was hoping this could be a big score for me.  I'll double my initial offer here.  2,000¥ for any useful information. 
     I don't have a lot of information on this item, other than it's old and magical.  It's a rock of some kind, and it's referred to as a "Morel Stone".  Rumor has it that it predates the 5th age.]<<<<<
     -- Cap'n Jack (19:50:15/12-04-2072)

>>>>>[Try one of the ancient languages.  Maybe Or'zet.  Or Dragonspeak.  Or...]<<<<<
     -- Joker (19:56:39/12-04-72)

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #3 on: <12-04-10/1855:46> »
>>>>>[Morel Stone? you are bugging us about a 20th century clothing line?]<<<<<
            --owl (18:51:15/ 12-04-2072

>>>>>[Are you referring to the stone use to change iron into gold? It is a stone said to be found deep in Terra'a bitter waters.... I believe oceans are the correct name.]<<<<<
            --BW 302 (18:55:45/12-04-2072)

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #4 on: <12-05-10/1137:09> »

>>>>>[Cap'n, you can get what my agents digged out:
"The Word of the Lord to the Morel stone:
This is God’s Third and Sabbath Rest"
And yes, that's it. I even set them loose in a few pre-crash non-wireless databases in Europe (With a Little Help From My Friends). That's the only thing, found in the Budapest University Library.
I'm going to look harder - that's both an enigma, and a challenge. I love enigmas. Especially challenging ones.]<<<<<
     -- NiSayer (17:36:45/13-04-2072)
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <12-07-10/0646:40> »
>>>>>[I'd be pretty surprised to see morals in the shadows.  Oh, Morel.  Got nothing there.  Hey, McCallister.  Business is pretty dead up my way, been keeping fed with a little software and hardware hacking.]<<<<<
   --TekDrake(06:50:22/12-07-2072)
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #6 on: <12-07-10/0733:40> »
>>>>>[You may have a problem here, Cap'n. My contact's contact's fixer managed to find a shady talislegger, who said:
"I'm not going to deal in that. I want to be alive for the solistice."
It seemed like he knew what it is, or at least pretended to. I don't trust those shifty magicians. So, i managed to get his info the hard way. I'm happy to provide, we can talk about prices, and i'm not going to insist on the whole deal, as that's just a lead. You know where to find me.
Best regards.]<<<<<
     -- NiSayer (13:28:22/13-04-2072)
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Caine Hazen

• Global Moderator
  • Omae
  • Dumpshocker Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: <12-07-10/1025:24> »
>>>>>[Well I'll lay aside my views on Erhan' work and just play along like its something or some "age".  I do have a contact here in town who works with UDub, she occasionally dabbles in the so-called "artifact" market.  If you want I can arraign a meeting virtually with this contact, and you two can work things from there.]<<<<<
 -- Moreau (10:20:42/12-07-2072)
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat~DNA
SRGC 0.3: SR1 SR2 SR3 SR4++ h b+++ B--- D++ UB++ IE+ RN-- fnord DSF++++ W++++ hk+ ri++ m gm++ M--(+) P FP+

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #8 on: <12-08-10/1223:41> »
>>>>>[shifty magicians? the same has been said about hackers. What  I don't understand is why magicians and hackers seem to love to dance, but cannot seem to get pass moving their feet back and forth on the ground..]<<<<<
           --BW 302 (12:23: 12/12-08-2072)

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <12-08-10/1301:48> »
>>>>>[Moraeu:  This falls outside my normal bailiwick.  I have a lead on an...  object, somewhere around Crete.  Think your contact would be up for a bit of travel and digging?  And, does he have the contacts to sell this piece once we find it?  I can get him (and the artifact) back inside the city undetected, sell the item, split the profits.  Easy peasy.  I'll contact you offliine to arrange some more details.]<<<<<
     -- Cap'n Jack (13:01:27/12-08-2072)

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #10 on: <12-08-10/1320:58> »
>>>>>[BW, which part of 'shady talislegger' didn't you get? I'm not biased against magicians. Hell, my mom was an ork hermetic investigator, so i know what i mean when i'm talking about 'shifty magicians'. Maybe it's my language skills - you know, english isn't my first, nor do i use skillsofts.
And Cap'n, if you need some matrix support, i'm in serious need of work now. Hell, i'd even go back to Europe, unless we stay away from Poland.]<<<<<
     -- NiSayer (15:11:03/12-08-2072)

Caine Hazen

• Global Moderator
  • Omae
  • Dumpshocker Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: <12-09-10/1510:50> »
>>>>>[CRETE!!  Awesome, I love Crete.  The hunting there is most excellent, and there's a place dow by the wharves that serves up the best in Mediterrainian. I'd be all up for helping out if you need to fire support! Wild Minotaurs can be a hassle if you don't have the right firepower with you.]<<<<<
 -- SteveZ (15:04:21/12-09-2072)

>>>>>[Don't you have other pressing matters to do? Ones coming off my budget?]<<<<<
 -- Moreau(15:12:42/12-09-2072)
« Last Edit: <12-09-10/1601:27> by Caine Hazen »
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat~DNA
SRGC 0.3: SR1 SR2 SR3 SR4++ h b+++ B--- D++ UB++ IE+ RN-- fnord DSF++++ W++++ hk+ ri++ m gm++ M--(+) P FP+

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #12 on: <12-09-10/1528:30> »
>>>>>[Cap'n Jack: As it happens, I've got a local contact here in Houston who's active in the arcanoarcheological field, speaks fluent Greek, can take care of herself, is available now, and is willing to travel. I'll forward her contact info privately. If Moreau's contact doesn't work out, at least you'll have someone else to call.]<<<<<
     -- Thunder (14:26:28/12-09-72)
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #13 on: <12-09-10/1715:27> »
>>>>>[Drek, drek, drek... I was mistaken, people. That's a dead end. And by 'dead' i mean i'm going to be if i don't find a place to lay low. I don't know who those guys are, but i've just been saved from a spirit attack by the very Knight Errant patrol, that was apparently looking for me, even though they shouldn't know i exist. I hope they didn't get killed. I don't want KE on my tail also. Anyone can help with astral trackers? I'll pay a fair price.
And if you need someone for an off-city job... Well... You know how it is. See ya. I hope...
P.S. Yeah, i'm scared. Whoever they are, they're connected. My only contact in Seattle should've been solid, bu that elven bastard sold me out. So, if you make biz with Alex 'Pro' Henderson, watch your back.]<<<<<
     -- NiSayer (17:40:36/12-09-2072)

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #14 on: <12-13-10/0616:29> »
>>>>>[Is no problem NiSayer.  You get topside?  Find store nearby that sell something expensive.  Jewels, electronics, anything man would want fi steal.  All them paid up with some mage.  Got astral barriers on all.  Bigger store is best.  University even better, if you near that.  Stay in, let security do they job to keep baddies out.  Tell me where on I an I private line.  Rasta come find anything hover about them astral and you walk out.]<<<<<
     --Shaper (17:44:36/12-09-2072)