NEWS

Chrome Flesh Errata

• 250 Replies

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #120 on: <07-27-15/1927:38> »
I asked earlier what "Exotic Pistols" means for Cyber Implant weapons, and from the answer got the understanding that might include Redlines.
Two questions:
A) Is that correct, given that the gun in question normally doesn't accept modifications, but in this case it'd obviously be directly from the manufacturer?
B) All basic Cyberguns have a Smartlink, and a lot of guns we can now build in do not. Can we expect a Smartlink module to be available in Errata or a later product (probably the latter, but I couldn't ask that here^^).
 ... Or can these weapons still take external accessories? I'd say no.

As a minor spinoff:
Modifying heavier weapons for Cyberimplant usage might circumvent availabilities. Example: An Ares Antioch-2 would be just 12F, as opposed to a hefty 20F for a Cybergrenade-Launcher. I assume that's what Gamemaster Approval is for, but thought I'd mention it.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #121 on: <07-27-15/1941:57> »
Ahh nuts. Yeah, it should note that any gun added should be a Smart version. Note that guns that AREN'T smart normally can be made so ... IIRC, all guns are available in a Smart version for double the cost.

The Exotic was a general thing for those who wanted a Super Squirt or a Dartpistol, but, yeah, if you have the budget for it, a laser would be just fine as well.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #122 on: <07-28-15/2041:44> »
Ahh nuts. Yeah, it should note that any gun added should be a Smart version.

You're good.

p. 458 of the basic book "All cyberguns are pre-equipped with smartgun systems (p. 433)"

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #123 on: <07-29-15/0454:45> »
Well, all cyberguns in the CRB are.  ;)
But Wakshaani already answered that. I was just wondering because the Lasers "Can't accept any modifications", so putting a Smartgun System inside is not normally possible.

prionic6

• Chummer
« Reply #124 on: <07-29-15/0527:48> »
That's up for debate. On one hand, they "cannot be modified in any way". On the other hand, the base book says about smartgun systems: "Retrofitting a firearm with an internal smartgun system doubles the weapon’s price and adds 2 to its Availability.".

With a strict reading, that would mean no internal smartgun for lasers. I suspect that it was intended that all weapons are available with smartgun systems directly from the manufaturer for double price, which would include laser weapons.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #125 on: <07-29-15/1254:16> »
With a strict reading, if it's a cybergun it has a smartlink. 

I honestly never read the Laser rules so, if it can't be modified, then how is it being used as a cyberweapon?  *shrug*

And "can't be modified"  Can't even add a sling?  Or an External Scope?  Seems written to be houseruled if it's written that way.

prionic6

• Chummer
« Reply #126 on: <07-29-15/1747:46> »
"They may mount underbarrel and top mounted accessories only and cannot be modified in any way."

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #127 on: <07-29-15/1854:06> »
Ah, then RAW, no Laser Pointer Fingers.  *shrug* 

Seeing as how the writer says it's okay I think we can infer RAI though.    ;)

Probably trying to keep people from sticking Gas Vents and silencers and what-not on the Laser.  Or any down the road modifications that get introduced that alter weapon stats.  Stuff intended for Bang!Bang! that shouldn't be added to PEW!PEW!

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #128 on: <07-30-15/2201:06> »
When a partial Skull says it replaces one side of the head, does that imply placement?
Or can I replace someone's face with a Tensor Faceplate from Unreal Tournament?  8)

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #129 on: <07-30-15/2254:15> »
The Partial Skull has a LOT of media to draw from. Tharok from the Legion of Super-Heroes and  Halfjack from Champions are the easy ones, but also this guy:

Lobot!

The mental image I had in mind was a quarter of the skull... so, if you divide the head in half along a vertical, and horizontal, axis, the upper true left quadrant would be chunked out and replaced by chrome, resulting in a single cyber-eye and cyber-ear, and a chrome plate for teh cranium, leaving the other uppe rhalf of teh head, and all the lower part, untouched. You could have some kind of faceplate ala Iron Man, which hid your forehead, both eyes, and nose (but left your mouth uncovered), or have the back of your head lopped off and replaced with steel and circuits for a more easily-accessed bit of cyber-brain upgrade.

So, you can style that sucker up.

And, honestly, you *should* style it up. Give it a nice backstory. Maybe your character had a cranial bomb detonate inside 'em once, and had to undergo major replacement work and still has a stutter because of it. Maybe they just got a strip running fro the bridge of their nose to the back of their head, so that they could implant a series of spikes on top and have them strongly rooted in metal. Maybe they have a thing running from one temple all teh way back to the back of their head, leaving the eye and ear fine, but the rest is a motherboard with chipjacks, a datajack, and who knows what else plugged into it where you have constant easy access.

There's more to it than a simple mechanical benefit after all. :)

Bulshock

• Chummer
« Reply #130 on: <07-31-15/0026:49> »
Lobot was a thought I had with it!  I also pictured half on the vertical axis.  And everything but the face (but that might be more full skull).  And so on.  Number of different ways that I've pictured it.

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #131 on: <07-31-15/0644:44> »
Does a partial Cyberskull count as a partial Cyberlimb for purposes of increasing condition monitor boxes?
And can you install two of them?

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #132 on: <07-31-15/1207:17> »
I don't recall if a partial limb counts for that bonus or not. If so, yes, if not, no.

And... hrm. Good question! Personally, I'd have no problem with someone taking two partial cyberskulls, but that'd go higher than me for an official read. Hrm!

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #133 on: <07-31-15/1232:12> »
Multiple partial limbs and armor stacking gets cheesy quickly as it is.  Letting you have multiple partials on a single location seems exploity.  Especially if the total capacity of multiple partials exceeds the capacity of a full replacement.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #134 on: <07-31-15/2007:37> »
Wak did say elsewhere that they may come out with other skull options that provide more capacity later on. I wouldn't strap yourself to the 2 synth / 4 obvious just yet.