NEWS

Chrome Flesh Errata

• 250 Replies

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #90 on: <07-18-15/0035:22> »
I would second the request on a clarification of Redliner affecting the character's stats, or the character's cyberlimbs. As it reads now, it seems like an expensive chunk of karma for a fairly minimal gain.

It's been in the Errata thread from day 1. I think it's supposed to affect Natural Attributes to help mitigate the deficiencies on Movement & Limit that full cybered characters have. Others think it applies to Cyberlimbs but there isn't any clarification yet. Personally I think it's trash either way since Pharmaceutical Grade Kamikaze with Narco is infinitely better than Redliner. Cyber Singularity Seeker is pretty nice though... especially with the PG Kamikaze/Narco, can get a +4 to Willpower doing that.

Bulshock

• Chummer
« Reply #91 on: <07-18-15/2215:12> »
One I noticed, False Face.  Headware that has a Capacity cost.  Reasonable that it could be installed in a Cyberskull.  Only problem, it costs 8 Capacity when even the full Obvious CyberSkull with full Bulk Mod can only reach 6.  Along the same lines, the Partial Cyberskull has the same Capacity as the Obvious Cyberskull which is the full replacement.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #92 on: <07-18-15/2349:20> »
Partial Skull is correct. False Face has a Capacity cost in case a future product gives a skull with more capacity in it.

Bulshock

• Chummer
« Reply #93 on: <07-19-15/1658:32> »
Ah, alright.  In that case is there a recommendation you have for bringing the full skulls more in line with the partial for capacity?  I know it wouldn't be an official thing and would have to be a house rule.  Personally, to keep roughly in line with the other partial/full limb thing would be to increase the Obvious skull to 6, the synthetic to 3, and note that the partial skull is obvious as the other partial obvious limbs have more capacity then the synthetic full limbs and less then the obvious full limbs.  Does this seem reasonable for it?

Bulshock

• Chummer
« Reply #94 on: <07-19-15/1722:56> »
Skin Toner mentions that the Chameleon Processor option acts like a Rating 4 Chameleon suit.  However the Chameleon Suit doesn't have a rating.  Is it supposed to Ruthenium Polymers?  Or is it supposed to act like a regular Chameleon Suit (+2 Limit on sneaking with +2 dice if wireless is active)?

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #95 on: <07-20-15/1033:22> »
NeoCortical and it's Intuition based cousin... Limbic?  Sorry away from books.  The Soft Nanites. 

"When using Logic-linked skills, this implant
grants a +1 dice pool modifier and a Mental limit bonus
equal to its Rating."

Boolean reading +1 to dice pools; +Rating to Limit.
Plain English reading +rating to Dice pool; + Rating to limit. 

If the Boolean interpretation is correct you should break that into two sentences for clarity. 

Also, if it hasn't been mentioned, the table on page 150 for Soft Nanites is labeled Hard Nanites.
« Last Edit: <07-20-15/2249:28> by Hobbes »

Backgammon

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #96 on: <07-20-15/1927:43> »
I don't have the book (yet, not planning to get it) but one of my players asked this particular question.

From what i hear, Prototype Transhumanity Quality (and srsly...i suddently feel like about a bagazilion shadowrunners will now be designed from birth just to have access to it..) gives the EQUIVALENT of a pt of essence worth of cyber or bioware.

Soooo, does that mean, RAW, OR RAI, that mages can now cram 1pt of essence without magic loss? As this is NOT an extra point of essence per se.
Also, what happens when you remove those wares to replace them for better quality ones?

My intent was indeed specifically not to lower essence and thus Magic. It would indeed allow a mage to keep their full Magic while having 1 point of bioware. I did think of this, it isn't an oversight.
My Shadowrun Pinterest collections: Landscape and Characters
My Shadowrun works

Backgammon

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #97 on: <07-20-15/1935:44> »
I would second the request on a clarification of Redliner affecting the character's stats, or the character's cyberlimbs. As it reads now, it seems like an expensive chunk of karma for a fairly minimal gain.

Oh dear. Didn't see that. The intent is It should affect your overall attributes (or natural attribute, if you want to call it that), NOT only the limb attributes.
My Shadowrun works

Bulshock

• Chummer
« Reply #98 on: <07-20-15/2048:48> »
Wait... so Redliner affects both the Limb and your overall attributes?

Bulshock

• Chummer
« Reply #99 on: <07-21-15/0120:22> »
Cyber Singularity Seeker.  Costs 12 Karma on pg. 54 in the write up, but costs 9 in the table on pg. 55.

Backgammon

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #100 on: <07-21-15/0727:29> »
Wait... so Redliner affects both the Limb and your overall attributes?

What it does is up to your GM. What I intended is that it affect the overall attribute and the limb.
My Shadowrun works

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #101 on: <07-21-15/1142:03> »
I think that's a pretty solid answer.  :)
How does "Prototype Transhuman", or more specifically the ware you acquire,  work when the respective individual acquires the Regeneration Power?
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #102 on: <07-21-15/1158:51> »
I think that's a pretty solid answer. 
How does "Prototype Transhuman", or more specifically the ware you acquire,  work when the respective individual acquires the Regeneration Power?

I beleive this is a non issue.  If I remember correctly you need delta grade implants for any ware being applied during character creation for characters with access to the regeneration power.  As you cant get delta grade at chargen its kind of irrelevent. 

However from a GM note if I were to allow the two to be combined as the bioware is part of there natural body according to the fluff it would regenerate just like the rest of the characters body. 

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #103 on: <07-21-15/1214:41> »
I'd like a clarification on Centaur Limnal body:
When upgrading the Centaur body, does the character buy enhancements and customization for Agility, Strength, and Armor once or four times?

Just because some might argue the point: For the purposes of Redliner and Cyber Singularity Seeker, does Limnal Body count as having two limbs replaced?

Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #104 on: <07-21-15/1319:30> »
I beleive this is a non issue.  If I remember correctly you need delta grade implants for any ware being applied during character creation for characters with access to the regeneration power.  As you cant get delta grade at chargen its kind of irrelevent. 
You can never start with regeneration unless you play some critter. Infected don't start with it.
So the question is indeed what happens if you acquire it, given it's not Delta-Grade, but it should probably count as part of the body.
Same question, different case: Would it cause damage if you use Immortal Flower?
Also: Is the bonus from Redliner an Augmentation Bonus, or just an "Enhancement"?
« Last Edit: <07-21-15/1430:09> by UnLimiTeD »
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.