NEWS

Chrome Flesh Errata

• 250 Replies

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #75 on: <07-12-15/0819:18> »
Prototype Transhuman Quality... it says that you get 1 point of essence worth of Bioware. Can that involve Geneware as well? It would definitely fit in the theme if he had tweaked genes as well as inherent bioware. The geneware counts as bioware & nanoware counts as cyberware rule from 4th edition is also missing. Does that mean that Biocompatibility would have to pick nanoware or geneware to get the bonus from that quality or might we see that "counts as" Rule reinstated?

Backgammon

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #76 on: <07-13-15/1413:51> »
Prototype Transhuman Quality... it says that you get 1 point of essence worth of Bioware. Can that involve Geneware as well? It would definitely fit in the theme if he had tweaked genes as well as inherent bioware. The geneware counts as bioware & nanoware counts as cyberware rule from 4th edition is also missing. Does that mean that Biocompatibility would have to pick nanoware or geneware to get the bonus from that quality or might we see that "counts as" Rule reinstated?

Prototype Transhuman: No to geneware unless your GM says ok
Biocompatibility is cyber or bio ware only, not gene or nano, again, unless your GM says ok.
My Shadowrun Pinterest collections: Landscape and Characters
My Shadowrun works

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #77 on: <07-16-15/1427:32> »
Any updates on the custom drug sections?  specifically what type of addiction these drugs are,  How to properly calculate addiction thresholds and ratings and the conflect between the text and the table on ingestions and vectors?

KraakenDazs

• Chummer
« Reply #78 on: <07-16-15/1542:21> »
I don't have the book (yet, not planning to get it) but one of my players asked this particular question.

From what i hear, Prototype Transhumanity Quality (and srsly...i suddently feel like about a bagazilion shadowrunners will now be designed from birth just to have access to it..) gives the EQUIVALENT of a pt of essence worth of cyber or bioware.

Soooo, does that mean, RAW, OR RAI, that mages can now cram 1pt of essence without magic loss? As this is NOT an extra point of essence per se.
Also, what happens when you remove those wares to replace them for better quality ones?
Maybe, just maybe, concrete and Plasteel are MEANT to armor our planet, and not harm it, omae. Hydroponics can nourish our needy. And i assure you nuclear energy's been involved in getting you that fancy 'ware, chummer.Our mistake? Trading Wisdom for Greed. - Dögan "Babyface" Kross

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #79 on: <07-16-15/1600:44> »
I don't have the book (yet, not planning to get it) but one of my players asked this particular question.

From what i hear, Prototype Transhumanity Quality (and srsly...i suddently feel like about a bagazilion shadowrunners will now be designed from birth just to have access to it..) gives the EQUIVALENT of a pt of essence worth of cyber or bioware.

Soooo, does that mean, RAW, OR RAI, that mages can now cram 1pt of essence without magic loss? As this is NOT an extra point of essence per se.
Also, what happens when you remove those wares to replace them for better quality ones?

This only works on Bioware, not cyber or geneware.  Essentially they are created in a test tube with the genes needed to create or grow the bioware built into their body so the normal for them is to have bioware hence no essence loss.  Yes mages and technos with this quality can have it with out losing essence and hence lowering magic or resonance. 

The rules aren't as clear on whether or not removing this bioware leaves essence holes that can be filled by alternative cyber or bioware but as a GM I would say that they don't.

KraakenDazs

• Chummer
« Reply #80 on: <07-16-15/1636:01> »
I like the idea, wish the application was a little clearer, and definitly hoped the fluff would make it sound rare but not THAT rare.
Because im certain it'll become more than common. Beyond the suspension of disbelief that ''Runners are exceptionnal people'' can provide.

But i'm being nitpicky. I just wish the crunch was clearer about removal/replacement of said bioware. the Essence/no-magic loss can be inferred from the description.
Maybe, just maybe, concrete and Plasteel are MEANT to armor our planet, and not harm it, omae. Hydroponics can nourish our needy. And i assure you nuclear energy's been involved in getting you that fancy 'ware, chummer.Our mistake? Trading Wisdom for Greed. - Dögan "Babyface" Kross

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #81 on: <07-16-15/1934:05> »
Keep in mind you still have to buy the ware. That + buying the quality already puts a strain on your resources, nuyen or karma or otherwise.
Personally, I'd not allow replacement of that ware.
You were born with it, you can't just go around retroactively changing that.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #82 on: <07-16-15/2005:55> »
But i'm being nitpicky. I just wish the crunch was clearer about removal/replacement of said bioware. the Essence/no-magic loss can be inferred from the description.

I vaguely remember some rules that lowered essence for things like losing limbs.  I may be off on this and don't really feel like digging to see if the rule actually existed and if survived movement through editions, but if I am correct it might be arguable that removing the bioware leads to essence loss rather then an essence hole being formed.  The idea being that since these are now natural parts of your body, since you were born with them, it would be like trying to remove a kidney spleen and lower arm to make room for  wired reflexes with out lowering your essence.  Cause none of that would alter the holistic health and chi flows or whatever of the characters body   :P

Top Dog

• Ace Runner
« Reply #83 on: <07-17-15/0338:23> »

I vaguely remember some rules that lowered essence for things like losing limbs.  I may be off on this and don't really feel like digging to see if the rule actually existed and if survived movement through editions, but if I am correct it might be arguable that removing the bioware leads to essence loss rather then an essence hole being formed.  The idea being that since these are now natural parts of your body, since you were born with them, it would be like trying to remove a kidney spleen and lower arm to make room for  wired reflexes with out lowering your essence.  Cause none of that would alter the holistic health and chi flows or whatever of the characters body   :P
Losing limbs never costs Essence. Replacing them might (in SR5, the cheapest option is 0.02 essence, I believe), but Essence loss is gained by adding "inhuman" stuff to your body.

But interesting point otherwise, about it being your natural body. It makes sense - basically, that e.g. Cerebral Booster 2 is now simply part of you, and replacing it with a R3 one means cutting out a natural piece of your body (which doesn't, itself, cause essence loss) and replacing it with a wholly new, foreign part.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #84 on: <07-17-15/0901:36> »
I really wish Prototype Transhuman had just raised your Essence to 7. Makes it easier all around, and neatly bypasses the whole 'ware with no essence loss and upgraded ware issue. It's still bioware, which means it's not natural. This isn't genetech we're talking, after all.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #85 on: <07-17-15/0955:12> »
While changing Essence would be breaking pretty much a taboo, I kinda would have liked to see that, really.

(Mind you, I also want a cap on teh Magic attribute, so.)

Vibral

• Newb
  • Deaf Mute
« Reply #86 on: <07-17-15/1105:03> »
Maybe I missed it. Can you use skimmers or skates with the wall running power?

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #87 on: <07-17-15/1136:22> »

Of course you can.  skimmers and skates increase movement speed and wall running power lets you use your speed when moving along walls rather then just the floor.  besides its magic, of course it works. 

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #88 on: <07-17-15/1808:07> »

Of course you can.  skimmers and skates increase movement speed and wall running power lets you use your speed when moving along walls rather then just the floor.  besides its magic, of course it works.

Not quite, the Wall Running adept power lets you move a specific distance up a wall based on a special test, Magic+Running. So the distance up you could travel couldn't be altered except by adding bonuses to that die pool. On the other hand, the power also allows you to "Wall Run" horizontally by combining the normal Wall Running with a Sprint Action. So anything that alters base movement could be applied to how far you can move horizontally while wall running, just not how far up the wall you go.

RedLions0

• Newb
« Reply #89 on: <07-17-15/2033:11> »
I would second the request on a clarification of Redliner affecting the character's stats, or the character's cyberlimbs. As it reads now, it seems like an expensive chunk of karma for a fairly minimal gain.