NEWS

Chrome Flesh Errata

• 250 Replies

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #60 on: <07-08-15/0841:27> »
I'll be slipping it in when the official Errata comes out.
Is that what the kids are calling it these days? :)

I jest. Any idea of when we might expect errata? I'd like to take this opportunity to state that I for one am more than happy with the type of FAQ that we're getting for Missions. I don't particularly care about layout as much as I do rules clarifications, so I'd rather have an unformatted document sooner than a nice looking formatted document later.

Before GenCon, I'd say 0.1% chance. The big guns are all just CRAZY busy right now. GenCon is to RPGs what Xmas is to the video game industry.

Everyone takes a week off after GenCon, and then starts getting back into projects. Squeezing in some FAQ/Errata time at the editing level while the writers are hammering at first drafts is possible, so, just *completely* pulling a number out of my tush, the middle of August, but don't hold me to that. It's pure speculation on my part.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #61 on: <07-08-15/1258:11> »
The entry for Active Hardwires needs clarification.  Posts on this forum indicate that an activsoft of the appropriate rating has to be bought separately for this equipment to work though it does not indicate so anywhere in the description below.  And since the definition of "hardwired" equipment is that programming is physically built into the system at manufacture this seems misleading at best to me. 

Quote from: Chrome Flesh pp 81
Programmed with a single, unchangeable, active skill, active hardwires are a dedicated skillwire system that holds only a single skill. While this skill may not be changed, multiple active hardwires may be implanted into a person, each granting one active skill. Note that the active hardwire system includes its own processor, meaning that no skilljack is needed to operate it.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #62 on: <07-08-15/1318:16> »
It requires a SKillsoft to be added, yeah. Another one for the Errata/FAQ.

(This is gonna be a long one!)

adzling

« Reply #63 on: <07-08-15/1920:16> »
It may be worth clarifying skillsoft networks while you're at it.
It's possible to glean the RAW intent by reading all the fluff carefully but it's not easy as even with that it's mostly a matter of interpretation.

Points that are very important and should have been condensed and highlighted in the rules, separate from the fluff, if the editor had not been on vacation for the last two years:
1). only one skillsoft at a time can be loaded from the network
2). they reside on the matrix, not inside your skilljack, so wireless connectivity must be maintained if you want to use them

MisterNix

• Newb
« Reply #64 on: <07-09-15/0943:45> »
Any clue what it costs to refuel the Flametosser?

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #65 on: <07-09-15/1305:09> »
It's probably the same fuel used in Flamethrowers, found in the R&G Errata, which means it's next to attainable. *shrugs*
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #66 on: <07-10-15/0457:58> »
Hey Wakshaani..... can we get a Armor/Enhancement for Cyberlimbs similar to how Bulk Modification works thrown into the Errata as well? Like +1 for a Hand, +2 for Lower Limb, +3 for Full Limb. Just an actual Rule about it to stop the ridiculous Feet/Hand Armor cheese. Thanx

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #67 on: <07-10-15/1038:38> »
*I* would love it, but, that's not my work, and official errata needs the stamp from above. (We went around a few times on limb armor during the SR5 design process. Soem wanted it gone entirely, others wanted it to only effect the area struck, while others wanted it to always work. In the end, simplicity won out.)

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #68 on: <07-10-15/1536:33> »
*I* would love it, but, that's not my work, and official errata needs the stamp from above. (We went around a few times on limb armor during the SR5 design process. Soem wanted it gone entirely, others wanted it to only effect the area struck, while others wanted it to always work. In the end, simplicity won out.)

Not looking for anything to change in how it functions... just a limit on the Bonus provided like Bulk Modification does. The function of it works perfectly fine with the abstract way that Armor is handled, but the +3 Armor in the Hand/Foot cheese would go away. We houseruled it away back in 4th, just to clean it up like you did on the difference between Bulk Modification having set bonuses for each piece as opposed to 4th just having a +2 limit for non full cyberlimbs.

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #69 on: <07-11-15/0123:56> »
A clarification I'd like:
Digitigrade legs, the (leg) + essence makes me wonder if they take up additional essence, or if they're supposed to be an option for severe modification to one's meat legs (and is a typo).

Now to figure out what will fit in a cybercentaur body. Aside from a dwarf rigger...
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #70 on: <07-11-15/1019:39> »
They take up a tad more Essence than normal legs, yes.

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #71 on: <07-11-15/1039:39> »
So they can't be modular?
Edit: And what is an "Exotic Pistol" for use in Cyberlimbs?
« Last Edit: <07-11-15/1115:28> by UnLimiTeD »

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #72 on: <07-11-15/1612:53> »
So they can't be modular?
Edit: And what is an "Exotic Pistol" for use in Cyberlimbs?

They can be modular as well, but it'll cost a bit.

As for Exotic Pistol, this'd be Squirt Pistols, Sonic Pistols, Dart Pistols, and any other pistol that's covered by teh Exotic Weapon skill.

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #73 on: <07-11-15/1704:21> »
So how does that work, given they cost extra essence?
Can I leave off an arm if I slot in digigrade legs?
Or do I just have to live with that loss of Essence while I have normal legs installed?
@Pistols:
So... Redlines?

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #74 on: <07-11-15/2258:31> »
They take up a tad more Essence than normal legs, yes.

Huh, interesting. Especially for a satyr with these (A point I just thought of). Thanks for the clarifications!
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.