NEWS

How can you detect Bioware or Geneware ( 5ed rules)

• 6 Replies

Seras

• Chummer
« on: <05-05-20/1517:49> »
Hi guys,

I'm working on corp security for a session. I know where to find the cyberware scanner. I also know that ascanning will detect Bio- and geneware on a good roll.

But what about technological discovery methods ? I was thinking about a cyberdog with scent booster ( like at airports) but I cant find anything about the detectablity (stealthrating) of bio- and geneware...

Thanks for the help guys

Seras
I apologise for my posts beeing weird to read, I am fluent in english, but almost never write in english anymore :-(

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <05-05-20/1528:04> »
RAW no technological scanner spots Bioware or Geneware.  Medical tests would, as would autopsies, and Astral Perception would give it's usual information.

But having a better, but totally organic, heart/brain/lungs/bones/muscles?  All good, walk on in.

Seras

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <05-05-20/1540:57> »
RAW no technological scanner spots Bioware or Geneware.  Medical tests would, as would autopsies, and Astral Perception would give it's usual information.

But having a better, but totally organic, heart/brain/lungs/bones/muscles?  All good, walk on in.

...so it really is perfect for a secret super soldier program...for people like Humanis or Human Nation !!

Good to know  "thumbs up"

Thx
I apologise for my posts beeing weird to read, I am fluent in english, but almost never write in english anymore :-(

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #3 on: <05-09-20/0305:07> »
Be sure to read the bioware carefully too. Some if that stuff is actually noticible, like orthoskin.
Others can be detected second hand.... such as with a scale and bone density..
<simple pressure mat at a doorway, combine with a cyber scanner. Someone steps on the mat, you have an exact weight. Compare to height cross section from the scan, compare the two.... if the person weights more then tge average fir the cross section, alert is raised - turn over to live inquiry>
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #4 on: <05-09-20/0336:46> »
Eh, Bone Density might add 3.5% weight per level. Not that easy to notice without way too many false positives and negatives.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

mcv

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <05-13-20/0450:18> »
I think a dog makes sense. Dogs are incredibly good at smelling subtle things that you'd never think are smellable.

Would they detect all bioware? Would they detect them all equally? I'd imagine adrenal boosters smell very different from orthoskin.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <06-17-20/1347:13> »
A biomonitor or a blood sample can probably detect lots of bioware too, via signatures carried in the bloodstream.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.