NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #300 on: <01-29-13/0521:18> »
What I'm saying is that as that suspicion has not come up in game, we shouldn't be making decisions on the basis of it - and if it's the kind of thing O'Connor might suspect, it would be interesting to discuss it in character.
I will when afforded the opportunity, we haven't exactly sat down and talk things through. Hell, I'm fairly certain that only half the group caught everyone's name before we started marching off towards this hunting lodge.

And what decisions are being made exactly? This is OOC idle chatting.

Just kinda read a certain way to me.  The whole text/tone issue, probably - my apologies if I came across rudely, relatedly.

But on the subject:  We need a fire, and a shelter, if we're gonna be stuck out at night.  And, if this is a Most Dangerous Game situation, I'd much rather have the tree cover of the forest to help block the hunters from seeing the fire.  Combine that with, perhaps, a spirit concealing the camp (could that just be used on an area?), and we would be hard to find indeed.  On the mundane side, we could get some pretty basic lean-tos up (though, we may need to turn the bags into strips of fabric to do the lashing) and use branches and other foliage to camouflage it.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #301 on: <01-29-13/0530:41> »
What I'm saying is that as that suspicion has not come up in game, we shouldn't be making decisions on the basis of it - and if it's the kind of thing O'Connor might suspect, it would be interesting to discuss it in character.
I will when afforded the opportunity, we haven't exactly sat down and talk things through. Hell, I'm fairly certain that only half the group caught everyone's name before we started marching off towards this hunting lodge.

Just kinda read a certain way to me.  The whole text/tone issue, probably - my apologies if I came across rudely, relatedly.

But on the subject:  We need a fire, and a shelter, if we're gonna be stuck out at night.  And, if this is a Most Dangerous Game situation, I'd much rather have the tree cover of the forest to help block the hunters from seeing the fire.  Combine that with, perhaps, a spirit concealing the camp (could that just be used on an area?), and we would be hard to find indeed.  On the mundane side, we could get some pretty basic lean-tos up (though, we may need to turn the bags into strips of fabric to do the lashing) and use branches and other foliage to camouflage it.
Do any of the characters have ranks in Survival? O'Connor does not. The fire issue is kind of moot if no one knows how to start a fire without matches.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #302 on: <01-29-13/0545:46> »
Do any of the characters have ranks in Survival? O'Connor does not. The fire issue is kind of moot if no one knows how to start a fire without matches.

I have fireball.  I can put the whole forest ablaze if you want.  :o  Maybe not a good idea, but a possibility.  At least at that point some people will come and look around.  :)

As for the talk IC thing, people who probably know more about these things told Sammy to get away from the dead dog, so she did all that's possible to do so as quickly as possible.  We can do the chatting later.  First we have to see if we get to the lodge or not.  If we get there, the shelter question will be answered and hopefully a lot of other questions as well.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #303 on: <01-29-13/0556:06> »

Sadly, while I have a background that could support a point or two the same way it supports another skill, there was just no way to free up the points for it.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #304 on: <01-29-13/0607:05> »
On the subject of OOC chatter, I actually wouldn't mind seeing a more of this IC, with a force 5 spirit providing concealment, there is absolutely no reason that each group can't be chatting amongst itself.  Nothing you are walking past would even notice.  I am working up a post to this point.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #305 on: <01-29-13/0649:29> »
I reckon once the groups get to the cabin it would make for some interesting chatter.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #306 on: <01-29-13/1016:50> »
Hell, I'm fairly certain that only half the group caught everyone's name before we started marching off towards this hunting lodge.

Valid point. I took some time this morning to go back through the IC thread, and near as I can tell, here's the list of who knows whom:
[spoiler]
Patrick "Dog Food" O'Connor (Necrogigas):
  • Knows: Sammy, Clem, Fionn, Torley, Johnny, Heron, Icarus*

Sammy Delavine (farothel):
  • Knows: Clem, Fionn, O'Connor, Torley, Heron, Johnny, Icarus*

Fionn MacSarrach (RHat):
  • Knows: Sammy, Clem, O'Connor, Torley, Johnny, Icarus*, Heron*

Sam Torley (Thvor):
  • Knows: Sammy, Clem, Fionn, O'Connor, Heron, Icarus*, Johnny

Clem(entine) (HydroRaven):
  • Knows: Sammy, Fionn, O'Connor, Torley, Heron, Icarus*
  • Missed Johnny's introduction due to running in fear, and his second introduction due to distance and Sammy's spiritual concealment.

Johnny "Bloody Hand" Chopstix (irisheathen):
  • Knows: Icarus, Sammy, Heron, Fionn, O'Connor*
  • Missed Clem and Torley's introductions due to being unconscious.

Ikari "Icarus" (Novocrane):
  • Knows: Johnny, Sammy, Heron, O'Connor*
  • Missed Clem, Fionn, and Torley's introductions due to being unconscious.
  • Missed Fionn's second introduction due to distance and Sammy's spiritual concealment.

Heron (Gorean):
  • Knows: Johnny, Sammy, Icarus*, O'Connor*
  • Missed Clem, Fionn, and Torley's introductions due to being unconscious.
  • Missed Fionn's second introduction due to distance and Sammy's spiritual concealment.

* I decided to include people in the "known" list if they'd been around when someone referenced that person by name, even if they'd missed the original introduction.
[/spoiler]

I think that's right, but it's possible I missed someone. Also, the name in the "Knows" list is the name that people were introduced by, so pretty much everyone knows who Icarus is, but wouldn't have a clue about Ikari. Also, note that each team has at least one person who doesn't know the name of one other person in their group (Johnny doesn't know Torley, and Icarus and Heron don't know Clem).

Finally, I know my character grabbed one of the sacks...who's got the other one?  :)
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #307 on: <01-29-13/1100:19> »
On the subject of OOC chatter, I actually wouldn't mind seeing a more of this IC, with a force 5 spirit providing concealment, there is absolutely no reason that each group can't be chatting amongst itself.  Nothing you are walking past would even notice.  I am working up a post to this point.

I didn't really want to start writing out a whole lot of chatter.  Maybe just say we chatted a bit.  Also my head currently feels like someone is performing a Klingon opera in there, which has something to do with the fact that I'm not writing as much as I should (and I don't have anybody to sing me Soft Kitty  :) ).  I hope to be back ASAP.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #308 on: <01-29-13/1150:19> »
I reckon once the groups get to the cabin it would make for some interesting chatter.

If this is "The Most Dangerous Game"  Who says you would ever make it to the cabin?   ;D

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #309 on: <01-29-13/1203:53> »
If this is "The Most Dangerous Game"  Who says you would ever make it to the cabin?   ;D

If this is "The Most Dangerous Game", then someone severely screwed up when they picked Fionn and Torley as potential targets. In the current environment, neither of them is likely to be very dangerous at all...
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #310 on: <01-29-13/1216:21> »
I'm gonna say my personal guess (not johnny's) is that its a new version of the show survivor...or something else entirely. Don't have enough info yet. Hell this could just be someone trying to feed/train their "pets". We don't know if we were snatched at random or if their was a reason we were snatched. Since OOC I know we are all runners I'd say not random but why take a bunch of urban runners and stick them in the woods. Experiment, test, or revenge are the main reasons I see us out here.

Johnny didn't grab the bag cause I don't think he has that much forethought.
Also he isn't really that smart so he's not gonna be a lot of help figuring this out.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #311 on: <01-29-13/1314:26> »
Possibilities
1. The Most Dangerous Game
2. Reality TV Show
3. Pet Food/Training Tools
4. Experiment of Some Kind
5. One of the Most Hardcore Job Interviews Ever Conducted by a Johnson

Theories thrown out there so far, plus another one I thought of. I miss any?
What's everyone else's theory?
« Last Edit: <01-29-13/1626:04> by Necrogigas »

Characters

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #312 on: <01-29-13/1317:40> »
Oh, O'Connor didn't grab the bag either. He started walking away kinda pissed off, so he wasn't really thinking about it.

Characters

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #313 on: <01-29-13/1358:24> »
Magical Sacrifice...Serial killer...Werewolves/vampires/ghosts...At this point I'm expecting anything, and I like it.  ;D
Also "the bloody hand" LOL, someone should ask Johnny about his last name  ;).
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #314 on: <01-29-13/1437:11> »
Wow, I should be taking notes, you guys are fountain of pain and suffering, didn't anybody ever warn you guys about giving a GM ideas?  ;) :o 8).

One more piece of homework for everyone, sorry I know it is a pain, but I need a list of your street gear, as in the stuff you would be walking around with on your person if you were just chilling, I also need a list of standard gear you would have if you were going to a regular meeting with a Johnson.  This is default setting stuff here folks, so no need to put in qualifiers, I understand if this would change if you had the time and wherewithal to blend or dress up or thought you were in danger.  Be realistic, nobody carries everything they own everywhere they go.  (except my face character, but that is because all he owned was an Armored Jacket and a devastating smile  :)  )

PM the list to me, no hurry on this at the moment.