NEWS

Ghost in the Shell Online Debut Trailer

• 6 Replies

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« on: <01-11-15/1558:46> »
Looks Pretty cool actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYucNjpnXHg    8)
Tech dreams of organic toys
And I'm runnin' out on the edge
Soft screams of the rockerboys
Echoing through my head

--Miracle Of Sound, City Of Night

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-11-15/1944:34> »
Yes, yes it does! Quite looking forward to this as I've been enjoying Arise, and am a huge fan of the franchise.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <01-11-15/2142:52> »
Looks very Blacklight: Retribution, and (imo) that's something of a waste of project rights.

I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun playing as GitS characters under a semi-constant lead rain ... I just think they could do more with it than what looks like class-based PvE.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #3 on: <01-19-15/1600:46> »
Overall leaves me kind of "meh."  Looks like a waste of a franchise tag, to me;  just another FPS, when GitS could be a lot more.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <01-19-15/2058:41> »
Jeez, I completely missed that this was an FPS...must have got confused with the announcement of the live-action version recently announced.

$/@mm-0!

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <01-19-15/2321:40> »
Eh reminded me a lot of Syndicate (2012) but nothing really jumped out at me, even as a GITS fan.
$/@mmZ3r0

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #6 on: <01-20-15/1330:26> »
Has decent looks but a few things stand out to me in that trailer...

1) The use of main characters as playable characters and the laughing man logo.
A couple of the characters looked out of place in that generic armor, and Batou didn't seem to have the right body shape (he actually seemed too small I think).  And the laughing man logo included worries me they're just trying to throw as much visually recognizable stuff in because it'll be the only things related to the actual series.

2) Co-op shooter game play.
I love Warframe but I've also played a couple co-op-focused shooters that absolutely blew (like GunZ 2) and if that's gonna be one, it looks like it may be boring due to small spawn waves, limited player options, and repetitive scenarios.  Obviously I can't tell from the trailer, but...  Let's say I'm concerned.

3) And also, I'm with the others, an FPS is a waste of the franchise.  I always figured GitS was almost specifically about the other cyberpunk aspects over the violence, and removing those parts and leaving next to nothing but gunplay seems like it'd result in a shallow, mediocre and/or generic game.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.