NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #60 on: <01-09-15/1350:51> »
Situations like these are why she started going through Saahir, but on such short notice, she had no choice this time.

Some rolls

Summon an Angel of fire (force 2) (3 reagents): 8d6t5 3

Resist summoning: 2d6t5 1

Resist drain: 11d6t5 4

So, he owes me two services and i take no drain

Now on to the binding.

Bind Gadreel: 8d6t5 2 which is my limit anyway here, just gotta hope the angel rolls bad now...

Resist Binding: 4d6t5 4

Jesus fuck, i have a BAAAAAAD feeling about this run guys. That was 4 6's on 4 dice.

resist drain: 11d6t5 3 so I just spent all my starting money and all but 2 of my 30 reagents to take 5 levels of stun dmg for no gain.

I fear luck has abandoned us.
« Last Edit: <01-09-15/1416:17> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #61 on: <01-09-15/1433:48> »
I fear luck has abandoned us.

I know the feeling.  I'm guessing that Becca may have done this in the morning, or early afternoon.  If so, that was before she took a nap and rested up before the job, so feel free to roll up some healing.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #62 on: <01-09-15/1445:25> »
Four 6s on four dice = 0.08% odds. That's some nice rolling.

8-bit

« Reply #63 on: <01-09-15/1830:53> »
I'm gone doing stuff all day and I come back to luck gods cursing us.

All right, here's the final reiteration of the plan that I will reference in the IC post. Should be good for everyone.

Plan B, which is now Plan A, which is what we're doing so don't look at the label

1. Do a preliminary scout of the outside of the building to make sure we have the layout and exits confirmed.

2. Clear the sub-basement. Stealth is not absolutely required here, as it is unlikely that anyone is down here.
     2a. Have 3L1 use a smaller scout drone, quickly, and discreetly do a preliminary check of the lower levels before we send in people. We don't want to alert anyone, but it would be nice not to fly in blind.
     2b. Ditto with Sister Rebecca's Spirits. Have them scout for Dual-Natured entities.
     2c. Have Achak and Sister Rebecca enter the sub-basement together (Rebecca slightly behind) while the Roto-drone covers the exit that Stake will enter through.

3. Once the sub-basement is cleared, move onto the first floor. Attempt to remain stealthy, we do not want to startle a normal person or Vampire that will set off an alarm.
     3a. If there are people, Stake will go with Sister Rebecca, who can Assense people to make sure they aren't a Vampire.
     3b. Have spirit(s) sweep the floor searching for Dual-Natured entities.
     3c. We need drones covering the back exits and Stake will enter from the Main entrance; Achak remains in basement until we signal him.

4. Assuming we can't move them, here's the plan. Get a Spirit to take Achak, and if possible, Sister Rebecca, to the top of the building. Proceed to step 7, then work backwards to step 6. Assuming the information is correct, the Vampires will be in the building, so this should lead to a confrontation of some sort. Stake will be on lookout on Floor 3, the drones will perform the normal step 6 and 7 overwatch.
     4a. When encountering the Vampires, go to step 8, with the following exceptions. Stake will come up when he receives the signal, so Achak and Sister Rebecca should try and keep the Vampires in one spot.
     4b. Should the Vampires manage to flee, Sister Rebecca and Achak should try to flush them towards Stake and keep them above the first 2 Floors.

5. Rinse and Repeat all steps of 3 for Floor 2

6. Move towards Floors 3 and 4. Take the greatest care here when going through the rooms; they are probably close together and we don't want to inadvertently alert anyone.
     6a. If we can scout with a drone, do the normal preliminary check of the rooms. Again, better to be blind than alert anyone, so if it's making too much noise or will gather attention, abandon the drone surveillance.
     6b. Have a spirit scout the entire floor.
        6b.1 If they spot a Dual-Natured Entity, we can go in guns ready. I'm hesitant to say guns blazing, because it might be a random other Dual-Natured Entity (a normal Adept, or normal Spirit, for example)
        6b.2 If they don't spot a Dual-Natured Entity, we can consider the rooms cleared.
     6c. Achak takes point with his armor, while Sister Rebecca and Stake follow behind him.
        6c.1 Keep the Optic X-2 scouting from above, and the Rotodrone on standby for quick movement to cover the bottom floor entrances.
        6c.2 Also, if there are fire escapes etc, then have the Rotodrone cover those while the Optic X-2 does a general sweep of the building.
        6c.3 Depending on how many spirits we have, we might want one on the outside to check for any Mistforms that try to escape.

7. Rinse and Repeat all steps of 6. These are probably sound-proofed, and we most likely eliminated the other rooms. Stealth is not absolutely required.

8. At any point if and when we encounter the Vampires, put them down with extreme prejudice.
    8a. If there are innocent bystanders nearby, try to protect them, but do not go soft on the Vampires, if necessary.
    8b. If we manage to catch one by surprise and are able to incapacitate, but not kill it, then we can interrogate it for some information.
    7c. Keep a spirit around, but it doesn't necessarily have to help us in combat. I would rather it keep track of the Vampires if they try to Mist Form out.

I figure we aren't getting all those people off the first two floors, and Achak's idea of flushing them out is not bad. This way though, we can have a spirit get us up there, instead of Achak trying to climb by himself. If one of Sister Rebecca's spirits cannot do that, well ... it's going to be the hard way with dodging a ton of cameras while we try and find the vampires. Once we've secured the sub-basement and the first two floors, we can just send a spirit to check out the rest of the building. If they get spotted, we have the exits covered; if they don't, we know exactly where the vampires will be.

So, just to count spirit services, if everything goes according to plan: 5

1 - Stay on lookout for Mistforms and Dual-Natured Entities that leave the building
2 - Scout the Sub-basement for Dual-Natured Entities
3 - Scout the First Floor for Dual-Natured Entities
4 - Scout the Second Floor for Dual-Natured Entities
5 - After we secure those other floors; scout Floors 3-6 for Dual-Natured Entities

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #64 on: <01-09-15/1851:27> »
Looks good.

Instead of getting spirits to carry us, it might be possible to just have someone (a spirit, or a teammate) let down the fire escape so that heavily-armored teammates on the ground level can climb up themselves.

8-bit

« Reply #65 on: <01-09-15/2337:35> »
All right, IC incoming. I'll reference an ARO set, which is basically this plan.

Sorry for the delay, real world stuff came up, but I will have an IC incoming.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #66 on: <01-09-15/2353:32> »
I'll have sum real soon, too.

rest rolls for now.

rest to recover stun dmg: 11d6t5 5

okee freakin dokee, so at least she bounces back quickly.

that's encouraging.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #67 on: <01-10-15/0103:09> »
IC up; I don't think I missed anything important.

Also, just for curiosity's sake, how do you pronounce the name "Achak"? We aren't actually saying the name, but it still has me baffled every time I read it.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <01-10-15/2042:57> »
I'm not sure. I'm also not good at spelling things phonetically.

The first syllable could be "uh" or "aww".

The second syllable could be "chak" (like flak) or "chock" (like chalk, or hawk with a ch sound).

One commenter on Yahoo Answers said that it should be spelled Achachak and pronounced: ah-cha-chakh, but said commenter was Navajo, not Algonquin, so who knows.

In my head, I've been saying it in every combination. Votes?

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #69 on: <01-10-15/2342:47> »
I've been saying Aww-chuck, though quicker so more like A'ch'k in my head but whatever is fine by me. Also, I never took Latin, but I think it was 8-bit who mentioned the name if the campaign. It's pretty phonetic. "Sunt" is like punt but with an s. The rest is vene-tore-A's vene-tea-o-men.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #70 on: <01-11-15/0202:38> »
I only asked because I've been pronouncing it like "Ack-ack" (like flak twice). It seemed a little weird to me, but I wasn't sure.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #71 on: <01-11-15/0217:44> »
Creative. I hadn't even considered that.

I'm waiting for Poindexter's IC before posting again.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #72 on: <01-11-15/0232:00> »
Creative. I hadn't even considered that.

I'm waiting for Poindexter's IC before posting again.

I thought we were waiting on me, but that's even better. Depending on Poindexter's schedule, I may get one in first.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #73 on: <01-11-15/1252:12> »
Ok, sorry it took so long.

IC post up.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #74 on: <01-11-15/1808:34> »
[Stake] was a longtime christian, firm in his beliefs and had recently converted the team leader, a human named Achak. He was a big guy, with rather attractive and chiseled native american features.

The driver Achak had hired for the run ...

She'd only had time for one hour of sleep before Achak said they needed to move...

... Achak runs down the plan one last time for them.

Poindexter, dynamite IC post. As clarification, Stake is the team leader. I imagine Stake has been in the bounty-hunting game a good long while; Achak just 2-3 years. I suppose their dice pools for Leadership are similar, and Achak is probably a decent lieutenant, although he is currently undergoing a crisis of confidence in his leadership abilities.

I don't think I've seen Stake's background so I don't know if he's Christian or not.

Working on an IC post.