NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #45 on: <01-08-15/2033:44> »
Ah. Ah! Oops. At least I didn't completely fail on subtlety, but well ... yeah, that's about right.

Achak could loan his (suppressed) Ares Alpha to Stake, but it has a personalized grip on it that might affect Stake's accuracy and/or dice pool (GM's discretion).

A little more secure than I expected for the Barrens, but just something to keep in mind. I guess I should ask, how are we going to be dodging any on-site security (even though it's for their own good)? A spirit sustaining Concealment? Also starting to wonder how I'm getting my Alpha in here, or any gun for that matter. I assume Full Body Armor would also raise an eye or two for security.

Back door, baby. Elijah on the cams, Achak on the locks, Sister on the spirits.

Failing that, put that Charisma 8 to work. Intimidate what you can, bribe what you cannot.

8-bit

« Reply #46 on: <01-08-15/2210:15> »
Back door, baby. Elijah on the cams, Achak on the locks, Sister on the spirits.

Failing that, put that Charisma 8 to work. Intimidate what you can, bribe what you cannot.

Put that way, it sounds like we're the best team ever that can handle any infiltration.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #47 on: <01-08-15/2304:44> »
Sorry yall, everything just turned to shit with my job, im depressed as fuck. i aint in no place to post tonight.

In the words of a horribly vicious woman i used to date, "Tomorrow, i shall awaken and move the whole god damn mountain, but tonight is for grief."
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #48 on: <01-08-15/2307:19> »
It's all right, hope everything gets better soon.

I'm assuming that we're all right with the plan(s) as laid out? Should I just present Plan B as "The Plan"?

As one of my favorite Roleplaying game pics says.

Perhaps that one isn't quite appropriate in this situation. And I swear it isn't an omen.
« Last Edit: <01-08-15/2313:59> by 8-bit »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #49 on: <01-08-15/2325:42> »
I'm looking forward to the backup plan, myself. It just sounds cooler.
Y'know, this will be the first run where Becca would actually have need for non-lethal ammo for the nade launcher. If we live through this, she's gonna order some and send for her grenade launcher. Some tear gas or something could work WONDERS for us, couldn't it?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #50 on: <01-09-15/0125:56> »
I was thinking of something simpler, like the language used in comm chatter. But I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Good idea.

*rolls*

Elijah can tell you that most of the comms at around 4:30 this afternoon were in a Japanese/English pidgin. 

Ah. Ah! Oops. At least I didn't completely fail on subtlety, but well ... yeah, that's about right.

Achak could loan his (suppressed) Ares Alpha to Stake, but it has a personalized grip on it that might affect Stake's accuracy and/or dice pool (GM's discretion).

The Alpha's Accuracy would be reduced by 1.  It's not a radical enough change to affect dice pools, I wouldn't think.

@Poindexter, sorry to hear it, and I understand the sentiment.  Hope it works out.

@8-bit, I haven't seen that one before.  Sounds about right.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #51 on: <01-09-15/0243:38> »
Going to get the IC post up tomorrow, sorry about that.

I'm contemplating whether breaking it up into 2 posts is better, because it's going to be a long post if it's just 1 post.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #52 on: <01-09-15/1316:24> »
OK, so my plan is to summon a force 3 spirit and bind it. I'll have needed to get some reagents before the job or I won't have enough. I'll use that one for spell sustaining. Then, throughout the evening, I'll summon a series of force 1 and 2 spirits to do the searching. Sound good?

If i can't get holda the reagents, I have enough on me now to bind a force 1 spirit and that will still do well for sustaining spells.

EDIT: This is the last info i need before i can finish off my IC post.
« Last Edit: <01-09-15/1330:20> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #53 on: <01-09-15/1336:10> »
Marcus can sell Becca some reagents, but he's gonna give her some line about how they're hard to get a hold of right now, blah blah blah, and does she think she's the only one out doing the Lord's work, etc.  He's going to try and charge a 10% premium.  If you give me an edge test, any hits will reduce that by 5%.

ETA: edge tests always have exploding 6s.  I really need to get on the houserules section of this thread soon.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #54 on: <01-09-15/1337:47> »
@8-bit, I'm not sure we need a humongo post recapping every detail from the OOC thread. ICly you could give it a cool name, like "Plan Oak" or "Octopus Formation" and say that you send send an ARO with the details. (The ARO can have a link back to the OOC plan if you're getting crafty). But up to you, and up to rednblack about how much detail he wants to see in the IC thread.

Stake can borrow Achak's Ares Alpha (hereafter AAA). I suppose another option would be to use Armorer to remove the suppressor and attach it to Stake's Alpha, although my Armorer pool is a bit sad and there would probably be negative modifiers from Elijah's driving. So just take Achak's.

@Poindexter, I was thinking Force 2 spirits could handle most of the astral scouting, although your summoning pool seems good enough to summon Force 3 or 4 consistently. (Binding the buggers is harder, but summoning should go okay.) Were you concerned about drain?

Elijah can tell you that most of the comms at around 4:30 this afternoon were in a Japanese/English pidgin. 

Well that changes things.

I have a theory but I'm going to run it past rednblack first.

Here's my Area Knowledge roll to see if Achak could piece the clues together ICly: Intuition 6 + Area Knowledge Seattle 2: 8d6t5 5 hits, yay!

If I'm onto something I will post it ICly, since it will warrant discussion.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #55 on: <01-09-15/1338:44> »
Edge test: 2d6h6 0

HA! is that a critical glitch for my first test of the game?! I'm just gonna upcharge 20% for the reagents, cause that shit is funny.

« Last Edit: <01-09-15/1341:09> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #56 on: <01-09-15/1343:58> »
@Poindexter, I was thinking Force 2 spirits could handle most of the astral scouting, although your summoning pool seems good enough to summon Force 3 or 4 consistently. (Binding the buggers is harder, but summoning should go okay.) Were you concerned about drain?

Normally, i wouldnt be worried about drain, but with the sheer AMOUNT of spirits she's gonna have to summon for this run, I AM a little concerned. That's why I'm aiming for force one's except for the bound one.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #57 on: <01-09-15/1346:17> »

Renaming Sister Rebecca "Snake Eyes".

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #58 on: <01-09-15/1347:45> »
She IS the lowest edge character I've ever played and I was worried I'd regret it. :)
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #59 on: <01-09-15/1348:28> »

HA! is that a critical glitch for my first test of the game?! I'm just gonna upcharge 20% for the reagents, cause that shit is funny.

20% it is, and Marcus is feeling pretty smug with himself.  I sure hope everything he sold you is an actual reagent  ;) :D ;D
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal