NEWS

[SR5] Chrome Flesh

• 280 Replies

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #270 on: <03-10-16/0930:21> »
It sadly still gives the impression on where the company's interests lies ... And it isn't in the quality of their product nor the satisfaction of their fans. Individual writers might fight hard to weed out mistakes and misunderstands but the top does nothing except extremely rarely send word down the chain that the issues are being looked at but again within any official proof.
All that is happening is simply that more material is being released and English version users stare with envy across the pond to Germany.

If these lists in English exist it requires very little in terms of time and resources to release them ...

For now all we have is Missions' FAQ
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

NoxMortem

• Newb
« Reply #271 on: <03-10-16/0958:52> »
To avoid some more confusion for those not able to read german or simply are not interested or involved in the german boards:
  • Yes many changes are indeed offical erratas and some of them are even approved as "they are approved by CGL" (which seems to mean JMH as there is only one "developer")
  • The german publisher does not release a errata list as well, so the only way to find those changes is by text comparison between the english version and the german version.
  • They try to clearly stay away from any rules changes. If there is something which the german community feels like it needs change the usual way is to introduce it as a "optional" rule which is clearly marked as such one and very distinctive from what could call "official errata"
  • This does not make the german version error free, neither when looking at translations or at the free room for interpretation. In the german boards there is just as much disussion about very often the exact same rules as here. It is pretty much a "ok, let's say 80% of the changes are indeed errata, let's hope this one falls into this area".

If these lists in English exist it requires very little in terms of time and resources to release them ...
From my knowledge "list" is a pretty much not what one can call those. It is more or less the sum of e-mail conversations between CGL and Pegasus.
« Last Edit: <03-10-16/1001:22> by NoxMortem »

Baquette

• Newb
« Reply #272 on: <03-10-16/1447:52> »
It's not envy... it's ****ing annoyance that none of these so called fixes ever officially make it to the English version, making me feel like a second class customer because I can't read German.

So, did you ever bought an English SR product in the last few years? Yes? Well, then you supported the very same system selling you products which in turn make you feel like a second class customer.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #273 on: <03-10-16/1751:51> »
Yes I buy the English products because I really love the setting, going to take far worse than the issues now to get rid of that.

@NoxMortem yes I keep hearing that these changes are official... but always second and third hand. I have yet to see anyone officially representing CGL come out and officially state these changes are to be treated like official errata.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #274 on: <03-10-16/2310:40> »

@NoxMortem yes I keep hearing that these changes are official... but always second and third hand. I have yet to see anyone officially representing CGL come out and officially state these changes are to be treated like official errata.

And you'll never hear that, because:
  • Pegasus is a different company, and although Catalyst seems to approve at least some of the changes, they (Catalyst) never made any statements concerning the changes back in 4th edition that I can see.
  • Other than once in a great while when the fans get really mad about something as a collective, or something is failing spectacularly (like the Battle Shop), you generally only see statements from the moderators and writers here. If I remember correctly, the last time J. Hardy posted was last August?
I love the setting, I always have, but I haven't been able to play since last November because I can only get Missions games and there's far too much broken right now. I get my Shadowrun fix from the computer games now, and they're great, but there's only so many times you can do the same story-line before it loses its charm. For the first time since Shadowrun first released, I've been eyeing other cyberpunk products, such as Interface Zero. Anymore I'm just buying Shadowrun's books merely for the stories.  :-\

Dr0p5

• Newb
« Reply #275 on: <03-11-16/0220:04> »
And as long as CGL does not change the errata politic, you have to learn German to get the official Errata for SR5.

Or ask the forum members from germany on specific rules and how they are changed in the Pegasus version.  ;D

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #276 on: <03-11-16/0229:27> »
Not having to do that with every release would be a Ghostsend, wouldn't you think?
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Tycho

• Newb
« Reply #277 on: <03-11-16/0334:59> »

You will never hear about it because CGL does not care about errata. I have wrote the Change Document for War! back in the day so I have the answers Jason Hardy gave to the Change Requests. Purely reading the answers you get a very clear impression, that he just does not care about fixing the rules.

Example:

I proposed a change to the Monofilament grenade because the Wording "contains several hundred Meter Monofilament Wire" which is worth 1000Y per Meter on its own is really unfortunate. Hardys response was to change the price of the Grenade from 150Y to 15000Y, which is just ridiculous...

My Impression is, that CGL and Jason Hardy do just not care about errata, the books have sold, why invest time and money to fix them afterwards? Sure most of the Freelancers certainly care about the quality of the books, but if the "boss" does not care, what can they do about it.

So to be constructive here: All the Rule Changes are provided for CGL by Pegasus free of charge, they would just put them in a publishable form, so a little layout work to create a pdf and the put it out there for all to download. A couple of hours work at most. So maybe you should start to do that to keep the fans happy.

But I guess it will never happen, as you can read in Rigger 5 CGL put the missing Autosoft Prices in R5, because of the poor poor players without the Internet, that will not be able to download errata only published online. Suggestion: Maybe you could do both? put it online AND print it in Rigger5 otherwise it seems I have to buy a 50$ book just to get my Core Rules fixed. Oh, maybe that is the idea....

and now I get banned for my "vicious personal attacks", I guess.

PS: The German Core Rules also have an Index, additional Content for the ADL, professional proofreading and costs less than half of the US Version (60$ vs 20€(ca. 23$ including taxes). (And there is a softcover version for 10€ if you want to save some money)

Duellist_D

• Chummer
« Reply #278 on: <03-11-16/1933:10> »
Or maybe you could fact-check before repeatedly claiming nonsense?
The Autosoft Errata have been available for over 2 years now, online.

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #279 on: <03-14-16/0622:29> »
Duellist_D, fact-checking or better reading comprehension could indeed have prevented you from claiming nonsense. Because that's exactly what he said, the errata is online and now also in Rigger 5 instead of reprinting a fixed Core Book.

Duellist_D

• Chummer
« Reply #280 on: <03-15-16/0644:34> »
Haha, you are a funny and witty guy.
Not.

Read it again especially this part:

"Maybe you could(!!!) do both? put it online and print it in Rigger 5(...)"

There is no such thing to be done, since it already has been done.
Which he obviously didn't check on, because if he had, he wouldn't have written a request for something to be done in the future, that is already done.