NEWS

Conversion from season 3 to season 4

• 7 Replies

Gleeful

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« on: <06-05-11/1936:47> »
We just finished season 3. Apologies to whoever wrote the elevator mission, but it stunk. So now that our, after 11 missions, team was working together reasonably well, and thanks to the written in ginormous fiasco of pvp, ended with dead pc's, pissed off characters, and for everyone but one pc, a failed mission, what do we do now?

I saw in the FAQ that you can redo characters and apply karma? Does that mean you'd have a brand-new character WITHOUT the memories of betrayal/death etc? Or does it mean that in order to wipe that away you'd have to make a completely new character? Feelings are running pretty high in the negative ranges right now, sad to say, and if memories aren't cleared, I'm afraid we're in for more pvp.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #1 on: <06-05-11/2156:00> »
Page 4 of the Season 4 Missions FAQ covers this, but in effect, you have a couple options.

1)  Continuing Characters

With this option, you basically just "Move" the character to Seattle.  You lose your Season 3 contacts (The ones you'd get Contact SLips for, not ones you bought with Karma), but otherwise it's the same character, same quipment, money, same memories and experiences, etc.

2)  Karma Transfer

With this option, you scrap your old character completely.  You build a new 400 BP character, then you get to apply any karma your Season 3 character had accrued.  You can exchange karma for extra starting cash as well, as per the FAQ.  This is a completely new character who doesn't have the experiences of your Season 3 character (Unless you want him to), he just gets a leg up on the new season, Karma wise.

3)  Promotion

If the character has 150 or more karma he has to be Promoted to Prime Runner status.  If he has fewer than 150, he may opt to be promoted anyway.  Promoted characters are still the same old character you were playing, but now they're only eligible for play in Prime Missions (Which hit a snag this year, unfortunately, but we're working to get the first couple launched later thsi year).  you then build a completely new starting 400 BP character, but based on your Promoted CHaracters karma total, you can get a couple Benefits that allow you to customize your character a little more than normal, and you get a free starting contact.

For your group, sounds like #2 is probably the best option.  I'm sorry you guys didn't enjoy Elevator Ride to Hell :(  ERtH was designed to be big, over the top, and tough, but sounds like your guys found it to be a bit tougher than anticipated.  Sorry!

Anyway, hope that answers your question.  Good luck!

Bull

Gleeful

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #2 on: <06-05-11/2253:03> »
It does, and thank you! (Well, we mostly found EACH OTHER tough. We had a rather well-put-together guy working for the Neo Anarchists. HE succeeded in his endeavor just fine, and was quite shocked to discover the rest of us were pretty furious. In character, anyway.) We never even really came up against the actual opposition, being so busy with each other.

Fortunately, we all know each other pretty well, so I think you're right. Option 2 would definitely be our best bet. Thank you for the very quick response!

I do have one more question. I know you cannot bounce back and forth between seasons--ie, you cannot play a couple of adventures in NY, and then Seattle, and then back to NY, but can you rearrange entire seasons? For instance, could we now go to Denver, and then Seattle?

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #3 on: <06-06-11/0241:33> »
No real reason why not, I suppose.

Bull

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #4 on: <06-06-11/0911:32> »
Re: Elevator Ride

Weird, we did not have an overabundance of player vs player activity when I played it. Was it faction related? Cos none of my table was particularly faction loyal.

-k

Gleeful

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #5 on: <06-06-11/0937:08> »
Yes, it was. About half our group was pretty loyal to their affiliation. The one guy had been really into the Neo anarchist thing, using Peaceman as his contact whether it applied or not. He LOVED Spin Control(We all liked the adventure, but he REALLY LIKED IT MAN, GROOVY YEAH.)

He also misheard the Ares chick, and thought by rescuing the girl and the woman we'd earned our fee, as opposed to continuing on.

Eh, water under the bridge, as they say.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #6 on: <06-06-11/1002:03> »
Ah. My table was mostly Ice Cold Pros.

Ice Cold Pros don't have loyalties. They have temporary alliances.

:)

-k

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <06-06-11/1436:14> »
Thanks for clarifying the karma transfer vs. continuing character, Bull.

I was at the same table as Gleeful for Elevator Ride. Definitely epic, definitely over the top. The biggest thing I enjoy about Missions play, is that the PCs are free to screw up, and screw each other over. There's this sense of freedom, and the chance of failure makes victory taste that much sweeter.

Also, the opening scene in Elevator Ride to Hell is close to a benchmark I use for character capability--can he/she escape from imprisonment without access to his/her stuff.
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.