NEWS

Drone rack on a Drone. Sabotage in a box.

• 3 Replies

DamienHollow

« on: <04-25-13/0032:14> »
This just donned on me so I haven't thought it out all that well but here we go... Okay, so any medium flying drone can accept Standard Modifications and can fit one or two Small Drone Racks depending on if they are "landing" or not. Now I would love to load up a GTS Tower with a pair of ferrets (equiped with special tools) and air deliver them along with an accompaniment of Centipedes (or any number of micro/mini drones) on the already installed multi-launch. Then using the menagerie to work a little chaos. Thoughts on the strategy?
« Last Edit: <04-25-13/0109:32> by DamienHollow »

I_V_Saur

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <04-25-13/0725:21> »
Rule-wise, I'm not sure how they even rationalized the Multilaunch in the first place. As it says, Arsenal pg 135, the Multilaunch requires a body of 10 to install, the Large Drone Rack requires Body of 15, Small requires Body 10, and Mini requires Body of 4.

Using the pre-existing Rack, you could cause a fair bit of chaos. To understand exactly what you're thinking, I'd have to know more about the loadout of these Drones - on their own, they have zero offensive and defensive capabilities, not even the iBall's smoke generating effect.

DamienHollow

« Reply #2 on: <04-25-13/2316:09> »
I'm thinking Mechanical Arms and cutting tools. Then use the collection to take out bridges, small structures, light vehicles, drones on standby... that sort of thing. The raw strength of 20 Centipedes would be dangerous in and of themselves.

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #3 on: <04-26-13/2018:28> »
I always thought of the GTS Tower holding those Dragonfly drones, or Heimdalls.
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!