NEWS

Gear Request from player

• 108 Replies

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #30 on: <02-22-11/2158:13> »
You know what bugs me, chummer?  Political/Legal issues aside, guns are expensive.  They would seem to be the privilege of the wealthy.

Ehh that depends on what you get, yeah the really nice and fancy ones are, but you can get a cheap hand gun for less then $200.  I guess thats kinda expensive, but thats cheaper then a crappy tv anymore
But I didn't know he was a DRAGON!

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <02-22-11/2201:32> »
I'm sad that no one cares my character was swiped. I'm gonna go mope in the corner now.

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #32 on: <02-22-11/2202:35> »
I'm sad that no one cares my character was swiped. I'm gonna go mope in the corner now.

Poor Ryo.  Do you need a hug?

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <02-22-11/2203:42> »

Yes, please.

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #34 on: <02-22-11/2204:24> »

Yes, please.

Well come here and I'll give you a man hug lol

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #35 on: <02-22-11/2206:34> »
You know what bugs me, chummer?  Political/Legal issues aside, guns are expensive.  They would seem to be the privilege of the wealthy.
That's because Budget Firearms, even when legally produced, sold, and owned, have the reputation of being "Saturday Night Specials" for criminals.  Sad, really...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #36 on: <02-22-11/2209:45> »
That's because Budget Firearms, even when legally produced, sold, and owned, have the reputation of being "Saturday Night Specials" for criminals.  Sad, really...

I would disagree the only handgun I own is a Highpoint .40, cost me $165 new, with a live time warranty.  Never had any trouble with it and I'll probably get a .22 from them

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #37 on: <02-22-11/2234:45> »
Plagiarism off a forum? Say it ain't so!  :o
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #38 on: <02-23-11/0247:11> »

In the Americas, 1776, the cost of a musket would be a month's wage for a skilled workman...  Never were cheap, but nowadays you'll find more affordable firearms for sale.

Like aimlessfreak, my brother bought a couple of firearms for obnoxiously cheap at a Big 5 sporting goods store (Bass Pro & Cabellas also sell used and consigned weapons).  They sell plenty of 'left overs' from WW2, some of them still have attached bayonets, and they are more than capable of being put through the ringer.  I guess it depends on what state you're in (if you're in the US), because it can cost more for bureaucracy than for the firearm.  I bought a no bells and whistles Remington 870 Police when I was in California, and it shocked me how high the processing fees could get.  I prefer to buy from the places that can do all their own work (repairs & custom), they tend to give discounts to repeat buyers, military, police, and bulk purchases.

If you're in Canada I can put you in touch with some locals, east coast, that can point you in the right direction for starting the legal hoops...  Last I heard buying ammo took a fingerprint check, maybe that was just a regional thing?!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #39 on: <02-23-11/1011:17> »
In the 18th Century, buying a firearm was for life, possibly generations.  That's month's wage was worth at least twenty years, if not longer, of service.

WWII weapons range in price depending on availability.  M1 Garands were going to have a major lowering of price until the US State Department got in the way of Korea selling their old stock of back these "Military-Grade Weapons" to the USA, aimed at selling them to civilians.  SMLEs and Kar 98Ks are pretty popular in Canada, but most are already owned by families and aren't as likely to be sold, from my understanding.  (If you're from the North, like I am, there's even a touch of "From my cold, dead hands" thoughts going on when it comes to the family rifle.  It got Great Grandpa through The Great War, Grandpa through WWII, and put food on the table ever since.).

I'm in Canada, yes, but not a Maritimer.  I think just having fingerprint checking would be a local thing, as I've heard some rather bad stories from folks.  :(
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

khansgod01

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <02-25-11/0026:04> »
Hey, that's my gun! I posted that in the Trigger Talk thread. Your player even used the name Hambone!

My personal favorite gun right now belongs to an eccentric Dwarf Rigger who goes by the name Hambone. Hambone may be married to his drones, but his mistress is his beloved Bessie, a customized Ruger Super Warhawk.

You start with the Warhawk, then you fill up all six slots with Large Mod Firing Selection Change (to add Full Auto) and High Power Chambering from War (+2 DV, -1 AP). After that, you overmod it to give it a Custom Look, engraving the name 'Bessie' on the side of the barrel.

You now have an 8P, -3AP Revolver that can fire a Long Burst, emptying the cylinder in a single shot and jumping the damage to 13P before net hits. Of course, Hambone applies both his Foot Anchors (+2 recoil comp) and his Cyberarm Gyromount (+3) whenever he fires it, nicely negating the -5 recoil mod from full auto. It's a bitch to reload, but its worth it seeing the look on a ganger's face when you pull this massive mother of gun out of your cyber holster and splatter his chrome troll buddy all over the payment in a single shot.

That is TOTALLY correct, and I apologize.  :-[     I am a full time student and I was wanting to throw in some other things and change a few, but just didnt have the time. By the way, this pistol ROCKS the world!!! Again sorry for the swipe...
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life."

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #41 on: <02-25-11/0149:39> »
I don't mind you using the idea, just as long as you aren't swiping credit for it. So, is this game a play-by-post? I wouldn't mind seeing my gun in action in another game.

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #42 on: <02-25-11/1616:17> »
The Super Warhawk is based off of the Ruger Super Redhawk (the Super Blackhawk is a single action hunting revolver so I don't think it based off of that model). 
I resend my previous assumption.  I was looking at the Warhawk earlier and notice that it's SS, so perhaps it is based off of the Ruger Super Blackhawk (looks more 'old west' than the Redhawk).

Henker

• Newb
  • Mystic Adept
« Reply #43 on: <02-25-11/1625:34> »
I really like this "combo", it is both completly fun and complety crazy. :)

I imagine the lone runner who have only one shot to lay down his target, and leave holes in the ground at the place he stood when firing.... what make forensic and police job easier ;)

Really, this kind of proposition make me laugth. Thanks for this good time. ;)
Eighth and final rule: if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight

khansgod01

• Newb
« Reply #44 on: <02-25-11/2227:04> »
I don't mind you using the idea, just as long as you aren't swiping credit for it. So, is this game a play-by-post? I wouldn't mind seeing my gun in action in another game.

Neg. Tabletop game going on bi-weekly.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life."