NEWS

[6e] I made a thing - SR6 character generation software

• 34 Replies

taranion

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <10-07-19/1428:14> »
Thank you so much for making this!  I'm having a lot of fun creating characters.
Glad to hear that.

I've logged a few bugs.  Thanks for fixing the ones I reported last week, quick turn around.
Thanks for testing. Testing code you wrote yourself takes a lot longer until you hit all the bugs.

Is there an option to buy things like Throwing knives and grenades in the app that im missing?  If it's not there I'd like to put in a feature request for that.
Explosives are still missing - I did not find the time to enter the data yet. As for throwing knives, they already exists (Weapons -> Projectiles) and can be bought. But they are missing the ability to have more than one for the moment.

taranion

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <10-14-19/0543:23> »
New Beta version is available.
Unfortunately the previous versions had a bug, that may have lead to a saved character with illegal values (GEN-225), if you bought augmentations or powers that increased attributes on chargen. Also I needed to make a change to the file format (*nods directed to Iron Serpent Prince*), which will require to rebuild characters that have a focus.
  • [GEN-187] – Feature: Implement ammunition handling in user interface
  • [GEN-241] – Feature: Added level of play option “Prime Runner” and “Street Level”
  • [GEN-215] – Feature: Allow returning to the assistant from character sheet (in creation mode).
  • [GEN-242] – Feature: Save generation information in character. (As boring as this sounds, that will help to implement the new feature “saving & continue in generation mode”
  • [GEN-234] – Improvement: Introduced option to hide automatically added gear on screen
  • [GEN-227] – Improvement: Implement Qi foci
  • [GEN-229] – Improvement: Support foci that deal with spirits
  • [GEN-172] – Embedded accessories in auto-added accessories/items are not saved
  • [GEN-205] – Quality descriptions entered in assistant must be reentered in char sheet view
  • [GEN-217] – Added missing regular ammo caseless version
  • [GEN-218] – Cannot add a weapon mount of identical type
  • [GEN-219] – Editing Impaired attribute post char gen, only grows karma
  • [GEN-221] – Raising Logic with custom. Karma after wizard, produces an invalid warning about 0 skill points left
  • [GEN-222] – Ammo cost does not use multiplier from different ammo types
  • [GEN-223] – Ocular Drone misses possibility to add vision enhancements
  • [GEN-224] – Error optimizing karma for attributes on creation
  • [GEN-225] – Attribute boni from cyberware are saved as natural points when leaving creation mode (ATTENTION: characters created with Beta 3 or older are saved incorrectly.)
  • [GEN-228] –  Foci costs are wrong and refunding was missing
  • [GEN-231] – IllegalArgumentException: fromIndex &gt; toIndex while printing
  • [GEN-233] –  Added missing close combat attack to Yamaha Pulsar II (and marked model II as taser, not holdout)
  • [GEN-235] –  Missing/Wrong max level for adept power Improved Reflexes
  • [GEN-236] –  Qi Focus Price doesn’t match the core rulebook
  • [GEN-239] –  OK button on license selector screen did not get enabled, when the quality rating of the fake license got selected last
  • [GEN-243] – Magic Icon doesn’t always react to clicks
  • [GEN-244] – Unarmed Damage not including bonus from Bone Density augmentation.
I've already been made aware of a problem with mystic adept being allowed to increase power points on chargen and something regarding Karma to Nuyen conversion that stopped working.

Further issue reports are welcome here: https://bitbucket.org/rpgframework/shadowrun-6/issues

Sir Ludwig

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <11-15-19/1719:12> »
Good afternoon,

I downloaded the file.  Opened up the Genesis Windows Batch file and get the basics.  However, i can't figure out or find, how to buy gear, equipment and ware.  Could someone help?

Thanks,
Ludwig
Si vis pacem, para bellum

taranion

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <11-16-19/1034:15> »
Hi,

when you finished the wizard, you find yourself on the character overview. There is a navigation on the left side of the window - depending on your window size, it is either just icons or icons plus text. There are at least two navigation elements for gear. Once selected you find a screen with several sections for a specific kind of gear. A "+" button in the upper right corner of the section can be used to add equipment.

ppiluk

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <11-18-19/1354:46> »
Fantastic program! This will make it easy to create quick NPCs and characters! Keep up the good work!

Sir Ludwig

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <11-19-19/1650:01> »
Taranion,

Thank you, I have 3 people that have never played SR before and they were able to get a good start thanks to your program.  Even had a vet. tell me he thought it was more intuitive then chummer.

Thanks,
Ludwig
Si vis pacem, para bellum

taranion

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <11-19-19/1652:02> »
Thank you, I have 3 people that have never played SR before and they were able to get a good start thanks to your program.  Even had a vet. tell me he thought it was more intuitive then chummer.

Glad to hear that. Thank you for letting me know.

skalchemist

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <11-27-19/1228:30> »
Hey Taranion:  one feature request for some future version.  It would be nice if there were some kind of "free-form" character "generation" option.  That is, an option that just let you build a character without reference to point limits, nuyen allowances, etc.

This would allow your program to be used in two ways that currently I don't think it can be used:
* Conversions from 5e, as described in the recently released conversion document.
* Groups that are using some kind of house rules for creation. 

Or is this feature already present and I missed it?

Probably not high on your priority list, but it seems like it wouldn't be that hard to do (says the guy who is doing none of the work...)

taranion

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <11-27-19/1239:42> »
Hey Taranion:  one feature request for some future version.  It would be nice if there were some kind of "free-form" character "generation" option.  That is, an option that just let you build a character without reference to point limits, nuyen allowances, etc.

This would allow your program to be used in two ways that currently I don't think it can be used:
* Conversions from 5e, as described in the recently released conversion document.

Probably not high on your priority list, but it seems like it wouldn't be that hard to do (says the guy who is doing none of the work...)

Since I fail to keep track of requests in forum threads or messages, I opened an internal task to track that request.
https://rpgframework.atlassian.net/browse/SR6-33

That said, the request is indeed not complicated, but requires a larger bit of diligent work. I would need to clone the existing building blocks that make up the generator and remove all checks and limitations. 

skalchemist

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <11-27-19/1250:49> »

Since I fail to keep track of requests in forum threads or messages, I opened an internal task to track that request.
https://rpgframework.atlassian.net/browse/SR6-33

That said, the request is indeed not complicated, but requires a larger bit of diligent work. I would need to clone the existing building blocks that make up the generator and remove all checks and limitations.
Thanks! 

Yeah, after I wrote that, it occurred to me the problem is not the complexity of the task, but the tedious labor it would likely involve.  Your reply confirms this.

Springleaf

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <12-16-19/1241:42> »
Amazing Job!!

I want help in a Spanish translation File!!!

taranion

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <03-01-20/1157:42> »
Sorry, I missed your post.

Are you still interested in doing a spanish translation?
(Is there even an official spanish version of SR6?)

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #27 on: <03-28-20/1527:32> »
Just checked out Genesis and really liking it.

one question though where is the Breaking and entering equipment?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

taranion

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <03-28-20/1540:32> »
Just checked out Genesis and really liking it.
Glad to hear that

one question though where is the Breaking and entering equipment?

I admit, I had to search it myself. I found it under Matrix (which should be better named "Electronics"). But thinking about it, only some gear of that category is some kind of electronic device, so this might not be the best idea.

Genesis sorts gear into types and subtypes and though we do have a subtype for "Breaking and Entering", it resides below the type "Electronics" - due to a matching primary type category that would include multiple subtypes.

There once was a feature request for the items selector being able to show all gear, no matter from what page/box you opened it. Unfortunately I did not found the time to implement it yet.

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #29 on: <03-28-20/1706:40> »

I admit, I had to search it myself. I found it under Matrix (which should be better named "Electronics"). But thinking about it, only some gear of that category is some kind of electronic device, so this might not be the best idea.

Genesis sorts gear into types and subtypes and though we do have a subtype for "Breaking and Entering", it resides below the type "Electronics" - due to a matching primary type category that would include multiple subtypes.

There once was a feature request for the items selector being able to show all gear, no matter from what page/box you opened it. Unfortunately I did not found the time to implement it yet.

Thank you. Looking forward to using this more and more.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking