NEWS

The Found Arcana Chapter 2

• 84 Replies

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #45 on: <11-28-18/1655:33> »
My IC about the pizzas is a bit out of sequence now, because I was slow getting it up.  Started it yesterday then got distracted.

I'm going to knock a couple hundred nuyen off Jawsey's total, and add a 200nY/month lifestyle expense for 'pizza brigade' which is basically him laying groundwork for turning them into a contact of some sort in the future.  Anyway, between the simulated battle, some visible magic, and some free food, hopefully the kids will be talking about us. 

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <11-29-18/1322:15> »
In that case I'll let Jawsi add "The Pistons" as a group contact, connection 1 loyalty 3. Perhaps not right now as it would take some time to build the relationship but for the next story.

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #47 on: <11-29-18/1537:56> »
Sorry, I'd thought that the kids watching were younger than ganger age (although no doubt already aspiring to join when they got big enough).  And yes, I was relying on Jawsey's charisma to get them to cooperate -- the reason I'd not posted the first day I'd written it was that I felt it needed more about how he coaxed them to come carry stuff, but on the second day I decided better to get it up half-assed than not at all.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #48 on: <11-29-18/1650:27> »
They are not a 'gang gang' but lone kids are easier prey, they form gangs or packs since they are perhaps six or seven... the leaders are slight olders. At least this is what I had in mind.

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #49 on: <11-29-18/1752:20> »
They are not a 'gang gang' but lone kids are easier prey, they form gangs or packs since they are perhaps six or seven... the leaders are slight olders. At least this is what I had in mind.
OK, got it.

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #50 on: <11-30-18/1710:47> »
Aight, so Gilga has invited me to do the posting for Gao so I can put my own spin on him, and I'm just waiting till we can finalize some details before we do so, but I wanted to check with everyone to see if they'd be too uncomfortable with the more unsavory tendencies I had in mind for him.

His comedic shtick, or the one I had planned for him, is that he is EXTREMELY racist, and tosses slurs around constantly, but he also always misuses them.  Example:  A black dwarf comes into his shop and he gets uppity.  "Out, OUT!  I don't deal with fraggin' keebs!  Haha, no, no, I joke - I know you're no keep.  Get on in here you crazy gook."

Would this make any of you guys uncomfortable?
The power of the Tri-Horse!

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #51 on: <11-30-18/1820:40> »
I'm cool with Shadowrun metatype slurs.

Ever since the early editions to fluff has been that ethnic stereotypes are a thing of the past because, in the words of the 2nd Edition sourcebook, who cares what color that guy's skin is when that thing over there has hands the size of your head? So in that sense, ethnic slurs are rare in the Sixth World.

But if Gao is the type to double-down on his racism, then so be it. I might check the site's Terms & Conditions, or check with an admin, before letting Gao loose though.

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #52 on: <11-30-18/1957:31> »
Pretty much what Tecumseh said.  Also, they can get old.  Throw some in at the start if a conversation, then go light after that maybe?

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #53 on: <12-01-18/1526:07> »
Guys, you seem a bit quiet. Do you want to continue with the marketing or shell we fast forward to the run and sum it up in a post?

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #54 on: <12-01-18/1529:14> »
Fast forward. I'm done with the marketing. It was more for RP while buying time for Lorebane to get ready.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #55 on: <12-01-18/1816:55> »
Yeah,
let's get to business :D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #56 on: <12-02-18/1523:46> »
I noticed that Jawsi has Mr. Gao as a contact with loyalty 4 - so I can bring everyone together even quicker. Ginsburg and the team will meet at Gao's.

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #57 on: <12-03-18/1724:05> »
I'm assuming what happens is that AM is busy, but the other three make it there (including 'orc' and 'bear', although Bobby can come in human form, I'm sure). 

I'm willing for Gilga or any of the other players to frame us into the meet.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #58 on: <12-06-18/2041:38> »
Do we want to have a conversation about the stability (or lack thereof) of the official forums and whether we'd like to move the game to a different location, like RPOL or RPG Playroom?

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #59 on: <12-07-18/0000:23> »
I'll have her doing some work for her creditors. She'll be partly available for matrix support if you need her.
I moved you to the shop, feel free to roll a knowledge check to figure out which gangs do this kind of graffiti. (if you care enough).