NEWS

[SR4] Shadowrun 2050 Matrix Log On

• 1 Replies

NovaHot1

• Chummer
  • Kind when I can be. Bastard when I have to be.
« on: <04-20-15/1757:50> »
For logging on, are there different types of accounts? User, Security, Admin in the 2050 book, it doesn't list them at all. It still refers to needing legit passcodes or a hacked account to be able to log on though. Further, Exploit isn't a program in the 2050s so Hacking+Exploit isn't a roll you can even make. Most of them are Logic+Hacking rolls against the security rating of the node. Any ideas?
Desire is irrelevant. I am a machine.

Shaidar

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <05-04-15/0532:01> »
SR2050 harkens back to the days when finding the correct phone number (in SR it was LTG Code) was the Log-on we use today. So what you have in the 2050 book is attempting to describe the processes of yesteryear with the terminology of today. Overall it was clumsily done. Accounts as described in SR4 didn't exist in 2050, instead wageslaves would dial up the LTG and theMPCP provided by your Corp Masters would be hardcoded with the necessary account information. Deckers couldn't get accounts with their skills and warez.

You might be better off finding a pdf of the SR1 or SR2 basic book and using it as opposed to trying to use the Matrix section of the 2050 book and SR4.