NEWS

[SR4] Bioware Cost in Chummer 4

• 2 Replies

born_of_flame

• Newb
  • Fenix
« on: <02-02-15/1846:04> »
So my players are making characters and I pointed them to chummer. I'm going through the characters to make sure that everything is done nice and legal. One of the players took Tailored Pheromones (SR4A p346) at rating 3. Now, the book lists it as costing essence of (rating * 0.2) and nuyen of (rating * 15k) and this should translate to an essence cost of 0.6 and 45,000 nuyen but Chummer 4 lists the essence consumption under bioware as 0.3. I'm looking through the book and I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if something is off.

If someone could please point out if I'm missing something or not, it's much appreciated. Thanks.
"I've seen a thousand fires, each has called my name. And every time I die in smoke, I rise again in flame"

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <02-02-15/1912:00> »
Three possible things.

One, try clicking on the Tailor Pheromones implant itself in the list of implants and see what the Essence value is (the block of data above Essence Consumption).  It will most likely say 0.6 for Essence.

Two, if the character has 0.6 Essence or more spent in Cyberware then Chummer is automatically calculating the 50% impact discount for having less Essence spent in Bioware.

Three, if selecting the implant says 0.3 Essence in the data block, or the character has no Cyberware, check the list of qualities to see if the character has the Type O System positive quality.  As Tailored Pheromones is a basic bioware implant, the quality will make Chummer automatically treat it like it's Deltaware and cut the Essence cost in half accordingly.

born_of_flame

• Newb
  • Fenix
« Reply #2 on: <02-02-15/1939:52> »
Thanks for the prompt reply, Spellbinder.

It's my first time running a Shadowrun game so I'm sticking with the core rulebook for now.

Looks like chummer is discounting the essence cost of the bioware. The character also has a control rig, basic cybereyes (rating 4) with vision magnification, low-light and thermographic vision as well as a datajack. The only bioware he's put in is the pheromones.

I just spent way too much time trying to find out why this was... So, yeah, now I feel stupid.  :-[

Thanks again!
"I've seen a thousand fires, each has called my name. And every time I die in smoke, I rise again in flame"