NEWS

6e Technomancers, Living Network and Rigger Command Console

• 14 Replies

Mistwalker

• Newb
« on: <10-21-19/2136:59> »
If a technomancer takes the Living Network Echo, can it be used in place of a Rigger Command Console?

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <10-21-19/2206:58> »
Living Network just says you can run a PAN.

Doesn't say anything about gaining the unique powers of a RCC.  So yeah you can run drones on your Living Network, but you don't gain Noise Reduction, ability to run Autosofts, and etc.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Mistwalker

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <10-21-19/2216:00> »
It was the wording "slaved" in both the PAN and RCC that had me wondering, and the comment in the other thread about the Machine Mind Echo was designed to allow technomancers to be riggers as well that got me wondering if Living Network would give some or all of the benefits of an RCC.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <10-21-19/2217:58> »
I would expect that the Rigger book will probably have an Echo that will allow a Technomancer to replicate the special effects of a RCC, either in full or in part.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Mistwalker

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <10-21-19/2229:54> »
But, but, I don't want to wait!
wailing going on.

Oh well, will have to rely on my army of Sprites to control any drones that I am not jumped in to.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <10-22-19/0132:14> »
Machine sprites do have the Engineering skill (which they can use for Drone Gunnery), but they don't have access to the Pilot skill...

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #6 on: <10-22-19/0136:06> »
Eh, that just means their defense pool sucks, no? Who cares when it's 'borrowed' goods.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <10-22-19/0153:14> »
Basically yes.

Attack rating will be based only on Sensor, defense rating will only be based on Armor and they kinda suck at driving.

CigarSmoker

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <10-22-19/0644:03> »
Machine Sprites have the "Override" Power (p.194) this boosts the Pilot rating of the Device they possess to the level of the Sprite. With defaulting they have -1 Pilot Rating as Piloting Dicepool for the Drone. (btw its terrible that the word Pilot is used twice for different things... )
« Last Edit: <10-22-19/0703:45> by CigarSmoker »

Mistwalker

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <10-22-19/0700:36> »
I was thinking of the Override power of a machine sprite, along with it's engineering skill when I was thinking of using sprites to take over drones.

But I obviously missed something, so could someone let me know where does it indicate that they get a -1 pilot rating?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #10 on: <10-22-19/0701:38> »
Well actually, the rules always call it Piloting.

"Maneuvering: This is the Piloting skill for the
specific drone (Not to be confused with Pilot Rating)."

@Mistwalker: If you lack the skill, defaulting penalties apply. So if the Machine Sprite tries piloting without having the Piloting skill, they default.

CigarSmoker

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <10-22-19/0704:38> »
"Maneuvering: This is the Piloting skill for the
specific drone (Not to be confused with Pilot Rating)."

damn you are right ^^ i read that as synonyms. Changed it in my post.

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <10-22-19/0808:29> »
Yes Living Network plus Machine Mind basically allows a TM to act as a RCC ... doesn't get the full benefits of a true RCC (yet) but the Emulate Progeam complex form can do autosofts too so between the 3 you get most of an RCC. You only lack the noise reduction and program sharing (riggers need something of their own afterall)
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <10-22-19/0816:07> »
This edition is actually very good at reusing the correct defined terms and phrases over and over. In the previous edition, however, they almost made a point in using different terms and phrases whenever possible. They consistently use 'Piloting' when talking about the Piloting skill and 'Pilot' when talking about the autopilot of a drone.

Having said that, Attack Rating and Attack [Attribute] are two that sometimes been mixed up a bit. And I wonder if they added Mystic Adept in all placed where they intended that something should apply to both Adept and Mystic Adept (Qi focus, Power Point metamagic and drain attributes).

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #14 on: <10-22-19/0940:37> »
The problem they probably made there is that SR5 was more of a blacklister Mystic-wise, while SR6 insinuates a whitelist but still is running a blacklist instead.