NEWS

quick question on splitting dice pool

• 21 Replies

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <09-17-10/1238:46> »
As I understand it, Smartlinks do not apply to firing two-handed.
Only if your firing both guns at the same time, if you shoot only one of them at a time smartlink applies.

If you want to shoot one at a time, lose a gun.  That is how I run it.  By RAW, it says two guns means split dice pool and no smartlink.  I may have a different interpretation of this however, it is not very well explained.   I just think that you shouldn't be able to get around the rule by shooting "one at a time".  If you are shooting both guns in the same IP then you use the rules under Using A Second Firearm in the book.
If i'm using a single handed gun it doesn't matter what my other hand is doing, your reading makes as much sence as saying "if you use your first simple action to flip a bird(show your middle finger) to the bad guy and your second to shoot him you have to split your pool and cant use smartlink". Your not using a second firearm, unless you shoot it with the same action as the first one.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

anotherJack

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <09-18-10/0452:55> »
Personally, I think firing two Ruger Warhawks (each one only once, but with Smartlink bonus and with no recoil problem for both shots) is quite stylish for an ambidextrous character :-)
Yes, but when it comes to relaod the both ruger, he just will cry.
- a simple action to undraw one of the two rugers
- a complex action to reload the other
- a simple action to undraw the other ruger
- a simple action to draw the first ruger
- a complex action to reload the first ruger

Now you're ready. After 3,5 IP. Yay !
Me am french, me am not speaking good english, but me am trying to correct this.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <09-18-10/0516:19> »
Personally, I think firing two Ruger Warhawks (each one only once, but with Smartlink bonus and with no recoil problem for both shots) is quite stylish for an ambidextrous character :-)
Yes, but when it comes to relaod the both ruger, he just will cry.
- a simple action to undraw one of the two rugers
- a complex action to reload the other
- a simple action to undraw the other ruger
- a simple action to draw the first ruger
- a complex action to reload the first ruger

If there are still enemies standing after your Warhawks are empty, your doing it wrong:)
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Magus

• Newb
  • Dumpshock Alum
« Reply #18 on: <09-18-10/1107:19> »
I do believe this was covered in one the Dev chats last year. I do believe it was under Peter's reign (Long Live the King). It was said that if you do fire a Pistol, SMG or whatever in SA mode one at a time. Thus using TWO simple actions you did not split your pool and you got all your mods. If you used ONE simple action to fire two guns then pool was split then ADD all your mod MINUS the smartlink.
Commanding Officer of the Floridian Ninja Surfing Drop Bear Pirates!!!

Shah Dude!!

Irian

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <09-18-10/1116:48> »

Free Action - let go of both guns
Simple Action - Quickdraw new gun and fire
Simple Action - Quickdraw second new gun and fire

I don't see the problem :-)
GMTool - PreAlpha released (also on SourceForge)
Random Ramblings about Shadowrun (german only)

anotherJack

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <09-18-10/1127:10> »
Man, it's two rugers, the coolest guns on earth, you can't just let them go like this ! it's an offense !
Me am french, me am not speaking good english, but me am trying to correct this.

Bradd

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <09-18-10/1502:00> »
Drop and draw more is the classic solution to this problem, both in real life and in action movies. :)

Although that makes me wonder about something ... best to ask in a new thread.