NEWS

Power of possession compels you!!

• 1 Replies

Dudesomebody

• Newb
« on: <09-25-19/2333:07> »
  I have a weird concept for a mystic type character that uses possessed items to cast and maintain various powers. A spirit of man can have spells I know as an optional power and they can use and maintain there own powers even when unbound. I am thinking of using this to bolster a mystic adept, probably the psionic tradition and he wont cast the spells himself. The no casting thing is more for flavor than anything else, gives me a use for all the spells I get at character creation. bound spirits would of course be the most ideal and I will definitely be working toward an ally spirit. The idea that got all this started was a guy on reddit that was trying to make Thor form the MCU, I am not necessarily making Thor, but I love the spirit possessed hammer someone suggested.

I was planning on spells like magic fingers for melee and ranged melee, could use the spell to swing and hang on for the ride. maybe increased reflexes or even a few spirit powers instead of spells. I am pouring through the book for more ideas but thought I would ask you guys for any advice to make this more doable, less of a headache on me and the GM and/or any good ideas for spells and powers.

I am not asking you guys to make a full character write up; wouldn't be fair to you guys and I just need help fleshing out a very loose, and weird, idea :) 

I worked on the character a a bit and have a rough outline, I apologize for the formatting as I have never posted a character before. The character is incomplete and I am not married to anything here so feel free to pick it apart. The skills with a * next to them are the skills chosen from my magic priority.
Priorities are thus, Magic: A  Attributes:B  Skills:C  Resources:D  Metatype:E. I haven't purchased any gear yet, I have a pretty good handle on stuff, just need help with the magic. I don't have many spells as this is my first mage and the spell list is intimidating :(.  U also took the spell increased reflexes and the adept power improved reflexes, I know they don't stack but I am curious what would be better, having the power myself but with lower potential or have the spirit maintain it but it being more fragile. Looking forward to any feed back :)

Bod: 4
Agi: 3
Rea: 4 (6)
Str: 3
Wil : 4
Log: 3
Int: 4
Cha: 3

Ess: 6
Edg: 3
Mag: 6

Skills
*Summoning: 6+2 (Spirit of man)
*Binding: 6+2 (Spirit of man)
Close combat skill: 6+2 (weapon of choice)
Arcana: 4
Perception: 3
Firearms: 3
Sneaking: 3
Pilot ground craft: 2
First aid: 1
Computers: 1
Athletics skill group: 2
Qualities
Incompetent (Sorcery): +5

Powers (30 karma used for PP)
Attribute Boost-AGI: 3 (0.75)
Improved Reflexes: 2 (2.5)
Motion Sense (0.5)
Light Body: 2 (0.5)
Hang Time: 1 (0.25)
Improved Ability-Close combat skill: 3 (1.5)

Spells
Magic Fingers
Increase Reflexes
« Last Edit: <09-26-19/1910:00> by Dudesomebody »

Dudesomebody

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <09-26-19/2142:56> »
Apologies for replying to my own post but I felt it pertinent to add that this is meant for 5th edition. I have been seeing all the 6th edition posts and kind of ignoring them cause I don't own that one...only just got 5th edition don't want to buy all new already.