NEWS

*Your* custom mask

• 22 Replies

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <03-02-15/1510:35> »
Oh I didn't know ynt added to the number of mods, answers my earlier question.

Shame herolab doesn't allow it on helmets, wonder why.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <03-02-15/1516:33> »
Because it's a fabric modification?

It's the sort of thing where I start to wonder about cheese, especially on Ballistic Masks.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <03-02-15/2030:38> »
All I knew about it was it was supposed to make things lighter and more flexible so I assumed it was an armour mod to make it easier to move in didn't realize it affected mod limit may need to make my armour clothing out of it so I can have a quick draw holster for my main gun and a concealed one for my backup.

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #18 on: <03-03-15/0512:11> »
To everyone who puts a gas mask in their ballistic mask - how do you cope with the fact that the gas mask only has one hours worth of air?

Since a gas mask provides total immunity to inhalation vector toxins it has to have an air-tight seal, yes?  As such I can't really see a character being able to choose not to use the gas mask once the ballistic mask is in place, but do you agree?

In addition, since YNT is explicitly stated as being a soft weave I have to agree with the Herolab interpretation that it cannot be combined with masks and helmets.

It's the sort of thing where I start to wonder about cheese, especially on Ballistic Masks.

You mean like this:

;D
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

Ech0

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <03-03-15/0557:35> »
When I get the chance to play and not DM, my Street Samurai Goryo also uses a custom mask, that looks similar to Zer0s Mask from Borderlands 2: http://tf3dm.com/imgd/l33471-borderlands-2-zero-92405.jpg

Ruleswise I've stuffed in: Rating 6 Respirator, Micro-Tranceiver, Flare Comp, Rating 2 Vision- & Sound-Enhancements.
Fluffwise, Goryo uses the glass of the mask as a display, to give him a "face" - right now, that of his dead sister, while infiltrating her former boss' office. When he feels exceptionally cruel, a trid recording of the next "target's" face.

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <05-05-15/2146:41> »
Custom Ballistic mask(rocky surface reminiscent of the stone giant from neverending story) w/ imagelink, audio enhancement 2, flarecomp with gas mask
"Speech" Matrix Thought Astral

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #21 on: <05-05-15/2244:25> »
I don't go in for the custom designs. Just the plain, flat black. Diminishes the anonymity if you have striking and unique artwork covering it. Though Electrochromic mod would be acceptable, or any other changeable display.

Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

HarshRhettoric

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <05-06-15/0904:00> »
Hockey Goalie.  It's a classic--especially since my character is so street, everything he does is like a cliche apocalypse and he's doing them as hard as he can.
Have you ever had a dream where you were standing on a pyramid in sort-of sun god robes with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing pickles at you?

Why am I the only one that has that dream?