NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #225 on: <02-26-15/1629:29> »
@8-bit, limited to 6 hits, from using Achak's Personalized Grip.  Still, nice rolling.  Can I get an auditory Perception Test at a -2 mod?  The shotgun remains in its place.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #226 on: <02-26-15/1643:12> »
Accuracy 6 + 2 (Smartlink) - 1 (Personalized Grip) + 1 (Take Aim with a Wireless Smartlink) = 8 Accuracy.

Right, forgot that was with my own Personalized Grip.

Accuracy 5 + 2 (Smartlink) - 1 (Personalized Grip) + 1 (Take Aim with a Wireless Smartlink) = 7 Accuracy.

Unless I missed something, I thought that's what it was?

As for the Auditory Perception test, here we go.

Audio Perception (Intuition 5 + Perception 6 - Miscellaneous 2): 9d6t5 3 [5, 5, 5, 4, 2, 3, 2, 2, 1]

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #227 on: <02-26-15/1718:46> »
Take Aim actions provide a +1 dice pool bonus or a +1 Accuracy Bonus.  I didn't see anything in SR5 that tells me that a smartlink adds both of those bonuses to a single Take Aim action, but given how the rules are spaced I could have missed it.

3 hits on Audio Perception is enough to hear a slight "oomph" from behind the gun check counter followed by a slight thud, the kind a body would make should it be knocked backward.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #228 on: <02-26-15/1901:23> »
Take Aim actions provide a +1 dice pool bonus or a +1 Accuracy Bonus.  I didn't see anything in SR5 that tells me that a smartlink adds both of those bonuses to a single Take Aim action, but given how the rules are spaced I could have missed it.

Normally, you would be correct. It took some searching, but I found it. I knew I remembered correctly.

Quote from: Core Rule Book of SR5; page 178
Wireless Smartgun

A wireless smartgun connection provides an assortment of bonuses, but this table only provides the bonus you get while using it to attack. When aiming (using the Take Aim action) with a smartgun system the shooter gets both bonuses with each action of aiming.

I'll get an IC up soon, sitting down for dinner now.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #229 on: <02-26-15/2009:35> »
Sweet. 7 it is. I'll be remembering that.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #230 on: <02-26-15/2312:37> »
I want to check the guy I just knocked down to see if he's still conscious. If he is, I'll shoot him again, if he isn't, I can move onward. What am I looking at for this? Perception Visual? Perception Tactile? Something else?

Leaving the IC post as is, but I might update it.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #231 on: <02-27-15/0545:10> »
I don't remember anything in the plan about cutting the power.
Where and by what means is that done?
Does stake mean he wants becca to head downstairs and destroy the generators?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #232 on: <02-27-15/0922:41> »
I want to check the guy I just knocked down to see if he's still conscious. If he is, I'll shoot him again, if he isn't, I can move onward. What am I looking at for this? Perception Visual? Perception Tactile? Something else?

Leaving the IC post as is, but I might update it.

By approaching the counter Stake can see he's down. It would take an Observe in Detail action and roll to tell if he's conscious.

That was tasked to Elijah once things started getting complicated. IC he hasn't checked in so the team isn't aware of his progress. Now that Stake has called him out again he'll probably spend a free action to apprise the team.

Action to Sister Rebecca.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #233 on: <02-27-15/1042:27> »

We noted the generators in the basement might be useful to cut the power and cause a distraction. The only thing we were worried about would be the stampede of civilians.

That kind of happened already. Yeah ... oops.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #234 on: <02-27-15/1118:39> »

We noted the generators in the basement might be useful to cut the power and cause a distraction. The only thing we were worried about would be the stampede of civilians.

That kind of happened already. Yeah ... oops.

Civilians will start acting next pass.  It'll be interesting to see what their options are considering the front door is blocked by a scary looking guy with an assault rifle, and at least one stairwell is obstructed by a pile of bodies.  I  hope the back exit's not just for show.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #235 on: <02-27-15/1500:18> »
Move: walk upstairs, assuming said stairs can be reached.
simple: reckless conjure a force 2 water spirit.
Simple: order spirit to destroy the generators below and then depart.
Free: message team

ok, im a bit confused about the reckless conjuring rules. It says to lower the limit by 2. Does that mean i actually cannot summon anything less than a 3 with this trick?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #236 on: <02-27-15/1604:10> »
Sister Rebecca is already at the top if the stairs. I'll check book in your other questions soon.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #237 on: <02-27-15/1611:22> »
Sister Rebecca is already at the top if the stairs. I'll check book in your other questions soon.

OH! So, to go any higher than this, we need to find another way? I don't know why I thought these stairs went all the way up.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #238 on: <02-27-15/1629:59> »

OH! So, to go any higher than this, we need to find another way? I don't know why I thought these stairs went all the way up.

I'm sorry. I thought you were attempting to get to the 2nd floor, which you're currently on. There are indeed stairs that go up to the 3rd.

How high up are you wanting to go? Walking speed will get her as high as the 3rd floor by the end if the CT
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #239 on: <02-27-15/1918:22> »

I'm sorry. I thought you were attempting to get to the 2nd floor, which you're currently on. There are indeed stairs that go up to the 3rd.

How high up are you wanting to go? Walking speed will get her as high as the 3rd floor by the end if the CT

Just to the 3rd floor. She was ordered to keep searching for vampires and there's none down here, so... upstairs, right?

Also, any word on the reckless summoning?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english