NEWS

Vehicles (andmods) that are missing from SR4

• 89 Replies

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <06-04-12/2352:36> »
As do I, but I have a strong feeling they probably won't be including the creation rules I want.
Honestly, people, are you so quick to want SR5???
Not so much, but i miss my Rigger 3 and want my Rigger 4.
Know ye not the Rigger's Black Book curse?

Heard about it, but I have my doubts. I had my Rigger 3 a couple years before SR4 came out.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #16 on: <06-05-12/0001:56> »
That said, I'd like vehicle creation rules myself.  But I'm not ready for SR5 yet, and wish not to tempt the curse.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #17 on: <06-05-12/0007:54> »
The Bulldog is a van.
The bulldog is a delivery van - a cargo vehicle, not a passenger vehicle.  Basically, it's a UPS truck.

If you look here: http://www.gods-inc.de/macavity/IsleOfShadows/vehicles/trucks.html

Those are ... I dunno, 2E or 3E stats.  anyway, look t the picture of the Bulldog; I thing that's scanned right out of one of the RiBBs.

Now scroll down to the Leyland-Rover Transport.  I want that.  Or maybe the Hyundai Appa.  And I want it in SR4 stats and prices, with an SR4/Arsenal "standard modifications" list, and withut having to figure out the conversion myself, from scratch, with no guidelines to help me.  :(

Those are SR3 stats. SR2 was mostly like SR1, which didn't have an Accel value.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #18 on: <06-05-12/0009:11> »
Now scroll down to the Leyland-Rover Transport.  I want that.  Or maybe the Hyundai Appa.  And I want it in SR4 stats and prices, with an SR4/Arsenal "standard modifications" list, and withut having to figure out the conversion myself, from scratch, with no guidelines to help me.  :(
There's a station wagon available...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <06-05-12/0511:00> »
Eurovan

More danged RVs(seriously..I hate having only one thing of a type to play with!)

The Blitzen

The old-style "With an extra fuel tank and improved economy, you could run from Seattle to NY without filling up"
  Yamaha Rapier(Seriously..pull out the old RBB, and do the math! the thing could go forever!)

The Phaeton(Seriously! I was going to build a Rigger who used one tonight...and we don't have it :( I want my Trunk of
 DOOM!!!tm back!)

Lichtbringer

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <06-05-12/0522:45> »
I wish for an affordable way to insert or evac my team via the air. The one helicoptor I can think of in a realistic price range (wasp/yellowjacket) is a single seater. I am not looking for something fancy or state of the art, just big enough to carry a small team and room enough for some (stealth) gadget.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #21 on: <06-05-12/0619:56> »
I wish for an affordable way to insert or evac my team via the air. The one helicoptor I can think of in a realistic price range (wasp/yellowjacket) is a single seater. I am not looking for something fancy or state of the art, just big enough to carry a small team and room enough for some (stealth) gadget.
This! There are no air options that even come close to being affordable. Even a bare bones short range cargo copter costs hundreds of thousands of nuyen, if not millions. I get that with milspec vehicles, but I wish there was something in a reasonable price range.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #22 on: <06-05-12/0630:59> »
This! There are no air options that even come close to being affordable. Even a bare bones short range cargo copter costs hundreds of thousands of nuyen, if not millions. I get that with milspec vehicles, but I wish there was something in a reasonable price range.

Um... Mirikon... a quick Google shows me that they really are that expensive.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #23 on: <06-05-12/0642:48> »

That doesn't mean I have to like it.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Lichtbringer

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <06-05-12/0708:48> »

My problem is that it simply feels like there is a "hole" in the list. The "cheaper" models (Airstar for example) that could be used for such a purpose (still over 300k) are described as high-end luxus models. And if the price for a such a model lies between 300 and 500k there should be something below that is quite a bit cheaper, but without leather seats and other such things. Comparing it to cars, this is like there would be nothing available between a Trabi and a Mercedes E-Class & upwards.

This gets even a bit more absurd considering the mods that can turn cheap vehicles into flying machines. Or that it is relative easy to get a military grade transporter like the Citymaster, yet even small civilian models are not available..except the mentioned wasp..which is sadly too small.
« Last Edit: <06-05-12/0710:32> by Lichtbringer »

Crash_00

« Reply #25 on: <06-05-12/0821:04> »
There is a snowmobile in Hazard Pay.

As for vans, just choose a truck or delivery van, choose one of the similar models (or make up your own name) and slap whatever picture you want to it. There really isn't that large of a gap in the SR4 system mathematically so they'd be pretty damned similar anyway.

For Single Person insertions, you can grab a Dalmation (2,200), slap a Self Contained Personnel Compartment (60,000 War! pg. 177) on it, and still have room for 12 armor (2,400). Total Cost = 64,600Ą. The SCPC can take a few extra mods also (it isn't too shabby to begin with).

A more expensive insertion route uses the Air Supply (more slots will allow for some armaments on the drone for support and the air supply has lots of storage space for gear, be it taken with or stolen.

Also keep in mind that you can lower the amenities to squatter and double seating. This will allow for the wasp to be a two man. Slap the SCPC on it and it becomes a 3 man. Saving up the extra cash for the stallion is the best bet for large teams though.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #26 on: <06-05-12/0823:34> »

U R the runner. "Extract" one :)

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #27 on: <06-05-12/0841:23> »
There is a snowmobile in Hazard Pay.

I also remember tracked bike from Arsenal...anyway if you modify vehicle to be tracked, IMO you become to be able to use it as a asnowmobile...

Crash_00

« Reply #28 on: <06-05-12/0844:37> »
As far as mods go, I'd like to see a light and extra light weapon mounts for SMG or lower and holdout sized weapons respectively. I see know reason why the iBall (just for an example) can't house a Scout or something similar. Likewize, I miss tossing Machine Pistols on top of Gaz-Nikis.

I'd also like to see rules for linked weapons so you can fire them with the same action.

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <06-05-12/0910:10> »
As far as mods go, I'd like to see a light and extra light weapon mounts for SMG or lower and holdout sized weapons respectively. I see know reason why the iBall (just for an example) can't house a Scout or something similar. Likewize, I miss tossing Machine Pistols on top of Gaz-Nikis.

I'd also like to see rules for linked weapons so you can fire them with the same action.

Yeah, right now, all weapon mounts are Hard Points....can we have our Firm Points back, please? I miss being able to mount two SMGs over the handlebars of a Scorpion...