NEWS

Street Lethal - New toys, few gems

• 99 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #90 on: <07-20-18/0747:49> »
I want a Krime belt-fed assault cannon. Or at least a belt-fed grenade launcher. Because FA grenades are fun!
...mmm, suppression fire with HE grenades.  Better than a flamethrower.

Ooooh, Leela want.

Duck and cover boys!
I'm a good influence. *nods*
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #91 on: <07-26-18/0606:17> »
...can you imagine suppression fire with airburst or contact trigger grenades?  It would be like carpet bombing an alleyway or street
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #92 on: <07-26-18/0624:52> »
...can you imagine suppression fire with airburst or contact trigger grenades?  It would be like carpet bombing an alleyway or street
Followed within 5 minutes by HTR murdering you, unless you're in the Barrens, because holy heck will terrorism trigger a fast response!
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #93 on: <07-26-18/1404:57> »
Followed within 5 minutes by HTR murdering you, unless you're in the Barrens, because holy heck will terrorism trigger a fast response!
It is definitely a tactic for times when you have nothing left to lose, or are in the middle of a place where no one cares what happens, like the Barrens, or a hive.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #94 on: <07-26-18/1844:23> »
It is definitely a tactic for times when you have nothing left to lose, or are in the middle of a place where no one cares what happens, like the Barrens, or a hive.
Or a tactic to use if you're modelling a character off Kane.   ;D

"Krime puts the neon in pink mohawks" as someone here put it.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Prodigy

• Omae
« Reply #95 on: <08-03-18/1625:03> »
What about the M22A1 or the Bug Stomper armor? No love?

Nephilim

• Newb
« Reply #96 on: <08-03-18/1718:34> »
What about the M22A1 or the Bug Stomper armor? No love?

Those are (at least nominally) intended as NPC only gear, which probably won't see much use by players (since they're also super obvious milspec gear.) Hence the lack of love

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #97 on: <08-03-18/1800:35> »
The Bug Stomper is great - if you can get it - which you can't, therefore it isn't.

The Stoner ist just a little bit more attainable, but all in all overkill and practically unusable without at least 12 points of RC compensation.
You'd have to mount it on a Body 16 vehicle to fire a long salvo without recoil penalty
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Fedifensor

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #98 on: <09-08-18/1424:43> »
The Stoner ist just a little bit more attainable, but all in all overkill and practically unusable without at least 12 points of RC compensation.
You'd have to mount it on a Body 16 vehicle to fire a long salvo without recoil penalty
What about a Troll with a 16 Str using Gas Vent 3 and either a Gyro mount or a Tripod?  If we're talking about a 29k nuyen weapon with an Availability of 24, I assume the character using it must be equally ridiculous... :)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #99 on: <09-08-18/1714:56> »
In that case, you'd have a troll that can do almost as much damage with just his fists.

But just for the sake of the argument:
Gas Vent III (3) + Electric Firing (1) + Gyromount (6) + basic compensation (1) + Shock Pad (1) - basic recoil (6) = 6
So yes, you could use it for short FA bursts, provided you aim after each burst. But that doesn't make it any more practical...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex