NEWS

SR 6 info

• 745 Replies

BeCareful

• Chummer
« Reply #165 on: <05-16-19/1621:40> »
Personally, I never really saw much of a problem related to the Wireless Bonus setup, with the possible exceptions of Wireless Concealed Holsters (better get the Wrapper program, or ask for help from someone who does have it). The basic presumption that I ran with was that the threat of someone hacking your stuff was rare to non-existant (from the end-user-on-the-street perspective), and everyone felt safe because every OS would automatically send error messages to the closest G-Men and they could always go Wireless Off easily until the threat had passed.

Yes, this was a way get the hackers on-site and doing risky stuff with the rest of the group instead of just safely fiddling with the place ahead of time, and a way to let hackers do stuff while everyone else was doing stuff, which seems intended to make deckers and TMs more enticing to play as, rather than just taking one as a contact and hand-waving everything. (Probably stating the obvious here)

So, I'm still cautiously optimistic about how this is going to go. Maybe there'll be a mention that the general populace is less paranoid or hyper-vigilant than your characters will be?
"Welcome to Shadowrun, where the biggest obstacle is you!"

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #166 on: <05-16-19/2228:47> »
Watching the Actual play and thought this was very cool. 4 edge for Anticipation which allows you to use the full dice pool on each target in a multi-attack. That should help the action economy.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #167 on: <05-16-19/2242:31> »
Watching the Actual play and thought this was very cool. 4 edge for Anticipation which allows you to use the full dice pool on each target in a multi-attack. That should help the action economy.

4a a lot. Unless you reliably gains 2 a turn you won’t do that often enough to effect the action economy much. 

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #168 on: <05-17-19/0159:33> »
Neat! Let's see how many people I can attack in one go...
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #169 on: <05-17-19/1055:31> »
Neat! Let's see how many people I can attack in one go...

That's what I was thinking. If you trick yourself out for Attack Rating and Edge you could do some serious damage to a group. With Attack rating, I should be able to generate Edge on Attack and with Armor, I can get my second edge on their attack due to armour or from toughness (not sure I like that option though. For those who don't know Toughness now give you an edge when you have to make a soak roll. I will Just need to make sure I go first for when they are grouped up before people start to run for cover and you should be able to put a hurting on the group giving your team a good advantage in the combat to come.

With all the Edge spends and minor actions, I think I agree with Bobby it seems to be a lot of tools in the toolbox to use when playing a Sam. Kinda looking forward to seeing what I can do with the system.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #170 on: <05-17-19/1308:15> »
Something to keep in mind if anyone hears about the take-home of the stream was "They were almost TPK'd by Devil Rats":

Yeah, but that was mainly because of the cumulative effect of a nasty surprise round and the players not being savvy enough with 6th ed yet to take all the dodge/block/take cover actions they could have.  And probably should have.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #171 on: <05-17-19/1512:35> »
Something to keep in mind if anyone hears about the take-home of the stream was "They were almost TPK'd by Devil Rats":

Yeah, but that was mainly because of the cumulative effect of a nasty surprise round and the players not being savvy enough with 6th ed yet to take all the dodge/block/take cover actions they could have.  And probably should have.

And they're likely playing Pre-gens.  Which are likely terrible.  All Pre-gens for all games are bad for some reason. 

And FWIW, I've almost been part of TPK by Devil Rats in....2nd edition I think it was.  Couple of us got out and just burned the whole damn building down.  The Astral mage never stood a chance, he died screaming and left a very messy corpse in the Van.  And the guy who dumped all the gas grenades thinking poison was going to get the Devil Rats, but not get him through his (now chewed up) chem suit.  We flat out left him to die as we ran from the poison cloud.  The decker was in pretty tough shape, but once me and the Adept got outside and could use grenades we managed.

We came back later with a couple drums of bio-fuel and dealt with it.

Don't underestimate Devil Rats.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #172 on: <05-17-19/1517:54> »
I have used a massive swarm of them in a parking lot as way to scare a bunch of newbies at an open event. And I second the pregens being bad at a lot of things. Once had a SINGLE Barghest beat an entire party. They ended up bribing it with food.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #173 on: <05-17-19/1703:34> »

It may be the first TPK of 6e, but I'm 100% sure it won't be the last.
Thinking
com
speaking

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #174 on: <05-17-19/1722:26> »

Too be fair all games have them and early on there are more than usual as the players and gm figure out the system.

I expect more than usual though. They were shooting for more deadly, im not sure why but they were. And the soak rules compared to listed damage makes me see many one shot kills of the players. Didn’t dodge, whelp your dead.

tenchi2a

• Chummer
« Reply #175 on: <05-17-19/1739:32> »

Too be fair all games have them and early on there are more than usual as the players and gm figure out the system.

I expect more than usual though. They were shooting for more deadly, im not sure why but they were. And the soak rules compared to listed damage makes me see many one shot kills of the players. Didn’t dodge, whelp your dead.

The issue he is as you said dodging, jumping for cover and the like. Which a lot of shadowrun players are not accustom to.
But if they have played in other games where this is a thing I'm sure they will pick up on it fine.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #176 on: <05-17-19/1815:00> »

The issue he is as you said dodging, jumping for cover and the like. Which a lot of shadowrun players are not accustom to.
But if they have played in other games where this is a thing I'm sure they will pick up on it fine.

I think people will figure out to use it quick. But if it fails then what?

You don’t have a decent soak to fall back on when you roll bad or just don’t have the minor action.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #177 on: <05-17-19/1908:13> »
"not having the minor action available to defend yourself with" is the problem that will keep sammies and other initiative monkeys relevant, since they won't suffer it.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #178 on: <05-17-19/1927:48> »
I think people will figure out to use it quick. But if it fails then what?

You don’t have a decent soak to fall back on when you roll bad or just don’t have the minor action.
They will roll up new characters and start playing the game as Black Trenchcoat as they can. Players and GMs who don't like playing Black Trenchcoat (whether or not they already knew it) will either return to a previous edition of their choosing or stop playing Shadowrun altogether. I'm calling it now.
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #179 on: <05-17-19/1938:08> »
Hah.