NEWS

Experimental Equipment and Technology

• 42 Replies

valavaern

• Chummer
« Reply #30 on: <04-11-13/0227:42> »
Oh!  I've got another good one that could also work with tech already around:

A laser capable of firing a beam of dual-natured light (much like a lucifer lamp projects dual-natured light).  Something like this could be the ultimate non-magical spirit killer, able to completely bypass a spirit's normal weapon immunities, and even hit them when they aren't even manifested!
~~~~~
"Only two things matter: Force in as great a concentration as you can manage, and style. And in a pinch, style can slide." - Xykon
~~~~~

mtfeeney = Baron

• Ace Runner
  • I love crunchy numbers
« Reply #31 on: <04-11-13/0255:57> »
If they weren't manifested, how would you know where to shoot?
Remember, you don't have to kill the vehicle to stop it, just kill the guy driving it.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #32 on: <04-11-13/0313:38> »
Valavern, there is a LARGE gap between a lantern that emits a dual-natured light and creating a highly focused and controlled beam of light powerful enough to harm anything, much less spirits. Saying a dual-natured laser could work with tech already around is like saying that we just discovered fire, so we can immediately move to the internal combustion engine.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #33 on: <04-11-13/1709:47> »
Valavern, there is a LARGE gap between a lantern that emits a dual-natured light and creating a highly focused and controlled beam of light powerful enough to harm anything, much less spirits. Saying a dual-natured laser could work with tech already around is like saying that we just discovered fire, so we can immediately move to the internal combustion engine.

"Thog! Keep rubbing sticks together!

Mog! Find big sticks for axels!

Grog! Invent wheel!

I create dice. Then make FUZZY with saberkitty pelt!"

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Inconnu

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <04-16-13/2022:44> »
Even better than all of these: Monoflechette Ammo. On a glitch(1 or 2 without specially made weapon), renders weapon useless. +3p, 1/2-2 AP

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #35 on: <04-18-13/0313:18> »
Liquid Nitrogen Rounds. Coats the Victim in Ice or freezes them solid.

Remember there will be some momentary discomfort.
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <04-18-13/0322:10> »
Actually, it takes longer than instant exposure to freeze human flesh solid. Causing permanent damage, however, definitely can be done instantly.

My Characters

mtfeeney = Baron

• Ace Runner
  • I love crunchy numbers
« Reply #37 on: <04-18-13/0432:23> »
What about if it was attached to a squirt gun?  So you spray them with water, they're soaked, and boom, freeze bullet.
Remember, you don't have to kill the vehicle to stop it, just kill the guy driving it.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <04-18-13/0535:57> »
If you submerged a hand in liquid nitrogen for more than a second or two, you'd be getting some serious frostbite, and probably have to have some fingers removed. To totally freeze the hand, though, like what most people think of when they do the science experiments where they use a banana as a hammer, or shatter objects that are frozen solid, would take between 15 and 30 minutes. Remember that things like a flower or a banana are small objects, without any blood flow carrying heat to the affected areas, etc., and not a metahuman being.

Freeze bullets/guns, if they could get it to work would probably work along the lines of Stick-n-Shock ammo or flamethrowers, but with Cold damage instead of electric or fire.

My Characters

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!

Re:

« Reply #39 on: <04-18-13/0602:59> »
Imo you can use small portions of Freezing foam instead, delivered not to freeze target but to immobilize it. I can imagine it for shotgun ammo, but can be funny even in light pistol...hiting somebody to face :P

Mithlas

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <04-18-13/1304:29> »
Can't you make foam rounds for the shotgun? I can't remember if it's something already together or something requiring capsule rounds.

Lagrange[5]

• Newb
« Reply #41 on: <04-18-13/1540:24> »
S-K are heavy into power and manufacturing. So if the weapon theme isn't a given you could go with something like a LFTR (Liquid Fuel Thorium Reactor) design. It's power obviously, but one of the bigger problems with bringing it to market is creating a vessel that can hold liquid salt at 400 celcius without deteriorating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWUeBSoEnRk

Another Saeder-Krupp themed discovery could be production of Amorphous Metals, which are currently hard to produce in large quantities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amorphous_metal

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #42 on: <04-18-13/1642:35> »
Actually, it takes longer than instant exposure to freeze human flesh solid. Causing permanent damage, however, definitely can be done instantly.
Only in boring real life thermodynamics.
« Last Edit: <04-18-13/1647:10> by Red Canti »
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."