NEWS

Rigger 5 Errata

• 357 Replies

Dr0p5

• Newb
« Reply #45 on: <12-21-15/0937:07> »
Sadly nothing official for buying used vehicles/drones and stealing them.
Can we expect something in an FAQ or future pdf ?

(I was thinking about 10% off wihle lowering Handling, Speed, Acc or Body by 1 up to 5 times for a total 50% discount)
We all know the situation when we just need a way of transportation you can ditch after the run.
« Last Edit: <12-21-15/1035:07> by Dr0p5 »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <12-21-15/1016:12> »
If you want 10% off, just get the new 3 karma quality. Combined with Black Market Pipeline this is a real steal...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #47 on: <12-21-15/1021:25> »
I took the freedom to compile my previous and a few other questions here, so I need not clog up this thread.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

Dal Thrax

• Chummer
« Reply #48 on: <12-21-15/1250:12> »
Originally, the Speed rating and KPH had no connection; Speed was an arbitrary rate for chases while KPH was left unmentioned or generalized. (This was during the writing of  core) ... the KPH bit was addeded near the end of the process, but, it didn't click. (As noted, ground cars breaking the sound barrier = facepalm).

As such, if you wanted, you could use the Drone rates (Ground = 30 KPH, Rotor = 60 KPH, Jet = 600 KPH, Water = 15 KPH) * Speed to get a 'realistc' speed. (Thus, a Speed 4 car could go up to 120 KPH, while a Speed 4 Rotorcraft would be going 240 KPH) ... that's unofficial, but  know the original writer of the core speed was grumbly about the KPH tack-on. :)

How does that work with a spirits movement power?
Warning: most likely posting from a tablet.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #49 on: <12-21-15/1330:39> »
Badly! Lol
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #50 on: <12-21-15/1346:05> »
How does that work with a spirits movement power?
I think I would have to conclude that Movement can only be used on a living creature or things get super out of hand.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #51 on: <12-21-15/1356:24> »
Yeah, that's a house-rule I'd apply to any game I run (and I'd suggest it to the GM in games I play in, even if I'm playing a Summoner who has spirits with Movement). 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Slamm-O!

• Chummer
« Reply #52 on: <12-21-15/1527:31> »
Rigged Bike:

Control Rig is plugged into the Bike.  I'm driving.  Do I roll Pilot Ground Vehicle + Reaction ?  Or Pilot Ground Vehicle + Logic ?

What rolls are made while using Gunnery jumped into a drone ? Gunnery + Logic ? Or + Agility ?

Mess with the best.  Die like the rest !

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #53 on: <12-21-15/1541:18> »
Control Rig is plugged into the Bike.  I'm driving.  Do I roll Pilot Ground Vehicle + Reaction ?  Or Pilot Ground Vehicle + Logic ?
SECONDING THIS QUESTION, but adding the option of Pilot Ground Vehicle + Intuition.

What rolls are made while using Gunnery jumped into a drone ? Gunnery + Logic ? Or + Agility ?
Gunnery + Logic.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #54 on: <12-21-15/1548:44> »
A super-amazing guy asked that same question a few years back.  See #2.

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=11514.msg238706#msg238706
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #55 on: <12-21-15/1602:15> »
Still kinda weird that ware that enhances bodily reaction by augmenting your spine would benefit you then, under that ruling.
In any case, if I directly pilot a drone with cyberarms with integrated weapons, do the arms stats matter at all?
... ah damnit, I wanted to keep those questions to a rules thread. Well, now that someone has read it here already I'll just duplicate it.
« Last Edit: <12-21-15/1703:58> by UnLimiTeD »
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #56 on: <12-21-15/1608:52> »
I'll leave that one for Wak.  It's too late in the afternoon for me to contemplate indirect fire with a low-Agi cyberarm mounted on a drone.

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #57 on: <12-21-15/1629:54> »
In any case, if I directly pilot a drone with cyberarms with integrated weapons, do the arms stats matter at all?
Yeah, that also embeds the question of whether you can integrate weapons into drone arms.

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #58 on: <12-21-15/1651:59> »
Originally, the Speed rating and KPH had no connection; Speed was an arbitrary rate for chases while KPH was left unmentioned or generalized. (This was during the writing of  core) ... the KPH bit was addeded near the end of the process, but, it didn't click. (As noted, ground cars breaking the sound barrier = facepalm).

As such, if you wanted, you could use the Drone rates (Ground = 30 KPH, Rotor = 60 KPH, Jet = 600 KPH, Water = 15 KPH) * Speed to get a 'realistc' speed. (Thus, a Speed 4 car could go up to 120 KPH, while a Speed 4 Rotorcraft would be going 240 KPH) ... that's unofficial, but  know the original writer of the core speed was grumbly about the KPH tack-on. :)

I don't have the book yet but I am curious about how these new movement rate work for vehicle chases. would a speed 4 roto drone now be faster then a speed 6 motorcycle?

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #59 on: <12-21-15/1657:27> »
Yeah, a Speed 4 roto drone would outrun a Speed 6 ground vehicle.