NEWS

Rigger 5 Errata

• 357 Replies

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #60 on: <12-21-15/1717:17> »
Yeah, a Speed 4 roto drone would outrun a Speed 6 ground vehicle.

OK , great currently the speed rules make no sense since as written a Banshee T-bird (speed 8) is only slightly faster the a eurocar westwind (speed 7).   
      I look forward to getting the book so I can see how this will affect vehicle chase combat..I assume some sort of bonuses and/or penalties will be applied.

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #61 on: <12-21-15/1848:45> »
Just a question for understanding:
Will drone armour upgrades cost in chunks of 3, or every point?
And can you upgrade a single attribute without modpoint expenditure, or every one, as long as it's only 1 each?  (I think this is something the rules thread can't necessarily answer without doubt)
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #62 on: <12-21-15/2005:01> »
Armor'll be addressed a bit later tonight (I'm @lunc and there're a few questions about them due to the 3:1 ratio), BUT, the otehr one's easy.

Yes, you can add +1 to Speed, Handling, Acceleration, Sensors, Pilot, and +3 Armor to a drone without spending *any* mod points.

Pretty snazzy, hmmm?

This is, essentially, buying a higher-caliber level of drone in a sense, not unlike an Alpha bit of Cyberware,

Adding *more* than +1 to a drone, however, will start chomping those mod points.

I apologize, in advance, for the math-haters out there who're looking at squared and cubed multipliers for your drones. I might make you a handy chart to take the work out of it. I know some people just *hate* that stuff.

ALSO! IMPORTANT UPDATE!

I'm going to be compiling a list of errata, questions, and so on to kick upstairs TONIGHT at midnight, central (That's 5 hours from now) ... if we're lucky, we can get updates to the print run, and get fixes into teh PDF, but Xmas is *right* *there*, so there's some hustle. ANything you got, POST IT HERE. I'll be gathering and pushing as soon as I get home.

asucrews

• Newb
« Reply #63 on: <12-21-15/2240:29> »
pg155 "MCT-Nissan Roto-Drone: Three extra Weapon Modification Slots"

Does this mean 3 extra Mod points for Weapons mounts i.e. one standard mount or what?

Also how does the table on pg 155 apply to the optional drone mod rules on pg122? Does a Roto-drone have 3 more mod points?
« Last Edit: <12-21-15/2323:26> by asucrews »

Duellist_D

• Chummer
« Reply #64 on: <12-21-15/2243:20> »
You mentioned it yourself somewhere else  Wakshani , but just to have it on the radar in this thread:

If i jump into an Anthro-Drone with Drone Arms and articulated Hands (ie the Secretary one), can i use my own [Weaponskill] (NOT Autosoft) + [Agility of the Arm] to fire a Gun that i/the Drone grabbed from the ground?

« Last Edit: <12-21-15/2245:10> by Duellist_D »

asucrews

• Newb
« Reply #65 on: <12-21-15/2316:57> »
The ares kn - y1 seems to missing stat or out of order.

ARES KN—Y1 (PHOBOS) (HUGE DRONE)
HANDL SPEED ACCEL BODY ARM PILOT SENS AVAIL COST
2G        1              6(0)       18        5       3          16F      250,000¥ 40,000¥

asucrews

• Newb
« Reply #66 on: <12-21-15/2352:26> »
Run Faster pg 250 there is a listing a hardware mode for smartlink but is Rigger 5 it only talks smartsoft.  Are we to treat run faster smartlink as a smartsoft or is there a smartlink hardware mod for riggers that i am not a where of?

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #67 on: <12-22-15/0031:12> »
I probably missed it, but in the updated drone stat blocks, if the body is listed in X format rather than X(Y), does that mean it has 0 spare mod points, or X spare mod points? I'm guessing X since I see some listed as X(0), but rarely X(X).
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #68 on: <12-22-15/0046:24> »
All of them *did* have an X(Y) format, but drones that were copied from older books instead of my alpha file don't have that, or the movement type. Be trying to get that fixed ASAP.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #69 on: <12-22-15/0121:59> »
Many vehicles list equipment in the fluff but not in their stat box; gyro for motorbike and Weapon Mounts for Aguilar combat helicopters.
Also are the mounts for the Riverine wrong? Fluff describes a case where the boat often has rockets on the back mounts and anti-material (here I assume that means machine guns or cannons) yet all listed mounts are standard.

I'm pretty sure I have seen more cases where the mounts do not add up to the fluff
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #70 on: <12-22-15/0319:02> »
I'm going to be compiling a list of errata, questions, and so on to kick upstairs TONIGHT at midnight, central (That's 5 hours from now) ... if we're lucky, we can get updates to the print run, and get fixes into teh PDF, but Xmas is *right* *there*, so there's some hustle. ANything you got, POST IT HERE. I'll be gathering and pushing as soon as I get home.
Would that maybe include questions in the rules section? I know it's late now, just asking.

prionic6

• Chummer
« Reply #71 on: <12-22-15/0358:46> »
Are the names of the SK vehicles like "Teufelkatze" meant to sound wacky in German? Because we would say Teufelskatze (with an extra "s"). I also don't understand where the Umlaut in "Stürmwagon" comes from, because the word you're leaning on is "Sturmwagen". Although I have to admit that Stürmwagen sounds like it could be german police lingo.
« Last Edit: <12-22-15/0429:30> by prionic6 »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #72 on: <12-22-15/0434:47> »
I thought it was meant to be more "metal": Watch out for that brütal Stürmwägön!  ;D 8)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #73 on: <12-22-15/0455:41> »
You mean turkish?

Darzil

• Omae
« Reply #74 on: <12-22-15/0458:29> »
Whether or not this manages to happen, and I can't add anything as I haven't got it yet (and time has passed), I just want to say thank you soooo much for trying to get this done.