NEWS

Hard Targets Errata

• 74 Replies

adzling

« Reply #60 on: <03-15-16/1359:59> »
Isn't there a cylinder fed gl in gun haven 3?

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #61 on: <07-05-16/1649:40> »
((I am cross posting this in both official errata and Missions forums as this is for a Missions character, but should also be noted for official errata))

Found a couple of oversights for the Flame Bracer exotic weapon. Hard Targets P184

A: There's no mention of ranges.

B: There's no mention of ammo cost/availability.

Also, it seems like in the table on P187 Ares Monotip Arrows and Seeker Shafts might have the costs swapped?
Ares Monotip Arrows are basically an arrow head, yet have a (Rating x) cost, while Seeker Shafts have a flat cost going against standard arrows, injection arrows and static shafts all having (Rating x) costs.
...as to the Monotip arrows, I think about about that.  Makes more sense to me that the Seeker Shafts would be based on arrow rating. 300¥ for a rating 10 arrow that only grants -2 AP is a bit steep (like 3 times as expensive as a Depleted Uranium round.).

I thought it was a misprint and was supposed to be "30¥ + Rating" like the arrowheads in R & G.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #62 on: <07-05-16/1753:33> »
Page 11 (On the Line), change “Fastjack” to “FastJack” … again on page 13
Page 15 (Miles Lanier), change “between the Villiers’ family” to “among the Villiers family”
Page 15 (Miles Lanier), change “Samantha Villiers death” to “Samantha Villiers’ death” (add an apostrophe)
Page 17 (Evo Announces …), change “December 31, 2077,” to “December 31, 2078,”
Page 20 (What’s Up with Ares), change “dwarven” to “dwarf”
Page 21 (Aztechnology), change “fovae” to “foveae” (plural) … and again on page 22.
Page 21 (Aztechnology), change “fovae” to “fovea” (singular) … twice.
Page 26 (Revising History), change “Azzie’s” to “Azzies’” (plural possessive)
Page 29 (The Little Eight), change “AG’s” to “AGs” (plural, not possessive)
Page 30 (The Little Eight), change “Kon-dOrchid” to “Kond-Orchid” or “KondOrchid”
Page 30 (The Little Eight), change “seats” to “members”
Page 33 (Next Big Initiative), change “Goatfoot” to “Goat Foot”
Page 36 (Not on Your Radar), hyphenate “heads-up”
Page 36 (Not on Your Radar), change “consider is” to “consider it
Page 40 (CFD on the Streets), hyphenate “money-making”
Page 42, change “everyday” to “every day”
Page 42, change “no more that” to “no more than
Page 43 (Neutral Ground), hyphenate “non-corporate-affiliated”
Page 43 (Neutral Ground), change “Mark/Principle” to “Mark/Principal”
Page 48 (Aufheben), change “your blown” to “you’re blown”
Page 48 (Jorge Cordejeña), italicize “The Light of Truth” … five times.
Page 50 (Ingrid Blitinarius), change “Texas A&M” to “Texas AM&M”
Page 55, change “Contract Principle” to “Contract Principal” … eight times over the next three pages.
Page 56 (Tenahsia Coovair), change “tat” to “that”
Page 56 (Tenahsia Coovair), change “insure” to “ensure”
Page 58 (Sam Simmons), change “between” to “during”
Page 59 (Hiring Meatshields), change “junior” to “juniors”
Page 60 (Hiring Hitmen), hyphenate “High-school-age”
Page 60 (Hiring Hitmen), change “play” to “ply”
Page 61 (Hiring Dupes), change “on there way” to “on their way”
Page 61 (Hiring Dupes), change “a AAA” to “an AAA” or “a triple-A”
Page 65 (Balladeer), change “principle” to “principal”
Page 66 (Group X), change “Danger Sensei” to “DangerSensei” (no space)
Page 69 (Teachdaire), change “and or” to “and/or”
Page 70 (Dynamic Solutions), hyphenate “stock-in-trade”
Page 71 (Overwatch Inc.), change “principle” to “principal” … twice.
Page 72 (Shieldmaiden), change “principle” to “principal” … three times.
Page 72 (Shieldmaiden), change “marksman” to “markswoman”
Page 72 (Charlie Foxtrot), change “co-workers” to “co-worker’s” (singular possessive) … twice.
Page 73 (Charlie Foxtrat), change “disposition and enthusiasm is” to “disposition and enthusiasm are”
Page 74 (Sunny Day and Damien), change “Kat o’ Nine Tails” to “Kat o’ Nine Tales
Page 74 (Shadowriders), change “shadowrunners with a badge” to “shadowrunners with badges”
Page 74 (Shadowriders), change “as its officially listed” to “as it’s officially listed”
Page 76 (Slow and Steady Death), hyphenate “street-level”
Page 77 (Slow and Steady Death), change “principles” to “principals”
Page 77 (Slow and Steady Death), change “inferred” to “implied”
Page 78 (Slow and Steady Death), change “walking” to “walked”
Page 79 (Slow and Steady Death), change “storming” to “stormed”
Page 79 (Slow and Steady Death), change “principle” to “principal”
Page 84 (CaribNet), change “Alohanet” to “AlohaNET”
Page 144 (Chameleon), hyphenate “thirty-three-year-old”
Page 145 (Chameleon), change “NeoN-ET” to “Neo-NET” or “NeoNET”
Page 146 (Chameleon), change “were clean” to “was clean”
Page 146 (Chameleon), hyphenate “forty-six-hour”
Page 147 (Chameleon), change “fuck up” to “fuckup”
Page 147 (Chameleon), change “failed to not report” to “failed to report”
Page 147 (Chameleon), change “paying” to “paid”
Page 147 (Chameleon), change “insure” to “ensure”
Page 147 (Chameleon), change “hired him services” to “hired his services”
Page 152 (Morality), change “inevitabl” to “inevitable”
Page 157 (Safehouse), change “lay low” to “lie low”
Page 160 (The Mark), hyphenate “heads-up”
Page 161 (The Blood Thief), change “mage” to “magician”
Page 162 (The Kansas City Shuffle), change “false flag” to “feint”
Page 164 (Assassination Methods), change “21st” to “twenty-first”
Page 166 (The Mark), change “don’t know understand” to “don’t understand”
Page 172 (Stress), hyphenate “globe-trotting”
Page 174 (The Rep), hyphenate “go-gangers”
Page 174 (The Rep), change “stock and trade” to “stock-in-trade”
Page 175 (Serial Killer), change “based in” to “based on
Page 178 (Colt Manhunter), change “smartlink” to “smartgun” (smartlinks are for people)
Page 179 (Plasteel Toe Boots), hyphenate “plasteel-toe”
Page 182 (Trigger Removal), hyphenate “long-range”
Page 182 (Underbarrel Laser), change “released” to “release”
Page 182 (Underbarrel Shotgun), hyphenate “pump-action”
Page 184 (Simoom), hyphenate “built-in”
Page 185 (Gear Access), change “effect” to “affect”
Page 187 (Seeker Shafts), change “smartlink” to “smartgun system” … same for Tactical Grapple Gun.
Page 188 (Synthskin Face Mask), change “successes” to “hits”
Page 188 (Disguise Gear Table), in bottom row, insert a null in the Capacity column and shift the remaining data to the right.
Page 190 (Adept Accident), insert a closing parenthesis after “attack”
Page 192 (Spellblades), direct spells (i.e. Mana/Power combat spells) do [net hits] damage and are NOT resisted with armor; while indirect spells do [Force + net hits] damage and ARE resisted with armor, adjusted by [–Force] AP. These have to be reconciled with the basic rules for combat spells (SR5 p.283).
Page 195 (Ambush), change “stage and ambush” to “stage an ambush”
Page 196 (Safehouses), change “lay low” to “lie low”
Page 196 (Parabiologist), change “Ekelybenie” to “Ekyelebenie”
Page 197 (Expanded Weapon Concealment Rules), hyphenate “large-bodied” and “small-bodied”
Page 197 (Expanded Weapon Concealment Rules), change “dwarves” to “dwarfs”
Page 197 (Expanded Bow Rules), change “smartlink” to “smartgun system” … twice.
Page 198 (Wetwork and Teamwork), hyphenate “build-up”
Page 201 (Breaking Brackhaven), change “practices that let” to “practices that led
Page 201 (Denver Two-Step), change “if the want” to “if they want”

&#24525;

« Reply #63 on: <07-06-16/2011:49> »
Sphinx, you're the real MVP :P

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #64 on: <07-06-16/2054:02> »
Sphinx, you're the real MVP :P
Quoted For Truth.

adzling

« Reply #65 on: <07-06-16/2149:36> »
nice work Sphinx

Duellist_D

• Chummer
« Reply #66 on: <08-23-16/1123:20> »
Hey Guys

The German "Hard Targets" finally came out and for those interested, "electronic firing" is now an internal mod, not a barrel one anymore.
On top of that, the current stats for spellblades are now:
"The Damage done by Spellblades is physical. The damage code is Force + Netto success on the attack role with a meleeweapon skill of his choice. Accuracy is equal to force, reach is 1. AP is equal to the Force of the spell, minus 1."

Flame Bracers use Taser ranges, ammo cost is 100 Nuyen  / 10 Shots, Availability is 8F.

Pricing for the seekershaft is [Rating of the Bow] x 30 Nuyen, Mono-Arrows cost 45 Nuyen a piece.
If you remember anything else that was unclear, feel free to ask, I'll look through the book if there are answers.
And no, before you ask, Ammo Swap is still an underbarrel mod, somebody screwed up at Pegasus...

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #67 on: <08-23-16/1131:11> »
Someone needs to change Sphinx's title from "Chummer" to "Errata God".
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <08-23-16/1339:33> »
Hey Guys

The German "Hard Targets" finally came out and for those interested, "electronic firing" is now an internal mod, not a barrel one anymore.
"The Damage done by Spellblades is physical. The damage code is Force + Netto success on the attack role with a meleeweapon skill of his choice. Accuracy is equal to force, reach is 1. AP is equal to the Force of the spell, minus 1."

Flame Bracers use Taser ranges, ammo cost is 100 Nuyen  / 10 Shots, Availability is 8F.

Pricing for the seekershaft is [Rating of the Bow] x 30 Nuyen, Mono-Arrows cost 45 Nuyen a piece.
If you remember anything else that was unclear, feel free to ask, I'll look through the book if there are answers.
And no, before you ask, Ammo Swap is still an underbarrel mod, somebody screwed up at Pegasus...

Excellent, I've been waiting very much for that translation
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

ShadowMaster

• Newb
« Reply #69 on: <04-28-18/0120:59> »
Hey Guys

Forceblade and Manablade both should have had the base damage be equal to successes in the spellcasting test and of course limited by force as usual. Then have this damage increased by net hits.
The damage should have been resisted by body+armor+counterspelling or willpower+counterspelling.
The only reason to add armor to powerblade is because it affects physical objects, and so doesn't just pass through the armor. powerblade should be also given ap of force.

HP15BS

• Chummer
« Reply #70 on: <08-08-18/1223:14> »
... A traditional style bow can be designed to be collapsible, requiring a Complex Action to assemble. Cost for this modification is an additional 50 nuyen per point of Rating.

This doesn't actually detail the mechanical benefits for the modification. Nor is it entirely clear whether it's referring to the Rating of the bow, or of the modification.

Add a concealability modifier (and size description?) for collapsible bows.
To Deckers the Foundation really is a crazy place from Alice in Wonderland. How does that stuff just happen? How do they work when everything about them defies logic?
Then a Techno comes, high 5's Caterpillar, takes a swig of Mad Hatter's tea, & wanders away chatting up White Rabbit.
- Marcus Gideon

Slagheap

• Newb
« Reply #71 on: <08-08-18/2025:27> »
I can't answer the collapsible bow question RAW or RAI, but I can say that a player at my table has one (we allowed the motorized add) and we ruled that it collapses down to heavy pistol size.  She carries it in a sholder rig.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #72 on: <08-09-18/0323:54> »
I always imagined the collapsible bow as the example given in the Avengers when Hawkeye readies his bow. It collapses down to the size of a small case (about a foot by 6 inches). And it already readies in a Complex Action, so I'm not sure how motorizing it would help...

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #73 on: <08-09-18/0344:08> »
... A traditional style bow can be designed to be collapsible, requiring a Complex Action to assemble. Cost for this modification is an additional 50 nuyen per point of Rating.

This doesn't actually detail the mechanical benefits for the modification. Nor is it entirely clear whether it's referring to the Rating of the bow, or of the modification.

well, you buy a bow by its rating. There is no mention that "collapsible" has a rating system. it sounds more like like a yes/no thing to me. There fore, the $50 x (rating) would refer to the rating of the bow. It also doesn't list a bonus for collapsing your bow, other then it takes time to assemble again (yay!) So i would agree something seems missing on this end of that purchase.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #74 on: <08-09-18/1214:47> »

Well, you buy a bow by its rating. There is no mention that "collapsible" has a rating system. it sounds more like like a yes/no thing to me. There fore, the $50 x (rating) would refer to the rating of the bow. It also doesn't list a bonus for collapsing your bow, other then it takes time to assemble again (yay!) So i would agree something seems missing on this end of that purchase.

Comparing the benefits for other collapsing weapons (see Concealability Modifiers table, SR5 p.420, for reference):
  • The Extendable Baton (SR5 p.422) goes from +2 when extended to 0 when collapsed.
  • The Telescoping Staff (SR5 p.422) goes from "not concealable" (+10) to "stun baton size" (+2) when collapsed.
  • The Krime Bill (Street Lethal p.18) goes from "not concealable" (+10) to +4 when collapsed.
  • The Cavalier Flash machine pistol (Street Lethal p.34) goes from 0 to -2 when collapsed.
  • The Collapsible Scythe (Hard Targets p.183) goes from "not concealable" (+10) to 0 when collapsed (or -4 to see the blade).
  • The Victorinox Collapsible Hatchet (Hard Targets p.179) says it folds down to "pocket size." Assume from baton size (+2) to commlink size (-4).
  • The Cougar Collapsible Spear (Hard Targets p.179-180) says it appears to be a "standard, fixed-blade knife." Assume from spear (+10) to knife (-2).
  • The PSK-3 Collapsible Heavy Pistol (Run & Gun p.32) says it's "barely larger than a wallet." Assume from heavy pistol (0) to commlink size (-4).
  • The PPSK-4 Collapsible Machine Pistol (Run & Gun p.34) says it's an "innocuous-looking box." Assume from machine pistol (+2) to flash-pak size (-2).

In the absence of a specific explanation in the weapon description, I'd guess that a "collapsible" firearm moves two steps down the table, while a melee or projectile weapon moves three steps down. E.g., from bow size (+8) to baton size (+2).