NEWS

Chameleon Armour V's Thermographic Vision

• 18 Replies

adzling

« Reply #15 on: <01-10-20/1107:46> »
I think Reaver covered what I was trying to convey quite well.

If I was playing 6e then Stainless' proposal below comes close imho.
I'd probably deny any advantage from the chameleon suit against thermo using spotters but then I like to hew closer to reality.
Which is guess is why I prefer 5e, it covers this stuff much better than 6e does.

The mechanics for edge cover this.

Is thermographic vision advantageous in the circumstances? Then you should get an edge point.  IMO, that should be the extent of it.  In the case of someone sneaking around with a chameleon suit, that person gets an edge point for the sneak test from gear.  The observer, if the GM deems thermographic vision being advantageous in this scenario, ALSO then gets an edge point for the perception test.

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <02-16-20/0803:37> »
Jumping on this thread for a related question about Chameleon Suit: Is it supposed to have DR0, +2 with wireless bonus, or DR2, +2 with wireless bonus?

Trigger Lynx

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <02-16-20/0931:41> »
Jumping on this thread for a related question about Chameleon Suit: Is it supposed to have DR0, +2 with wireless bonus, or DR2, +2 with wireless bonus?

As I understand it, DR 2 with an +2 wireless bonus.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #18 on: <02-18-20/1614:24> »
Despite only being a wavelength shift, there is one major difference between Red and Infrared. Red can't really transmit easily through objects. Infrared can, as heat. Trying to hide a heat source of an object, and then trying to simulate the heat behind the object, is a bit more complex than just changing surface color.