NEWS

Rigger Dossier Available

• 84 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #75 on: <06-27-19/2015:32> »
Warnings sent, thread temporarily locked.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #76 on: <06-28-19/0010:11> »
Unlocked, please continue with the discussion on the Rigger Dossier.

Moonshine Fox

• Omae
  • Proudly serving our dragon overlords
« Reply #77 on: <06-28-19/0525:16> »
*Reloading an MCT ammo hopper* I swear to Ghost Frostfire if you say 'On the Barbie' to me one more time, I'm going to tie you to Spinmaster here and fly you into the middle of the Dreamtime!

Can I just say I love that her flavor text makes it sound like she's perpetually grouchy ;D

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #78 on: <06-28-19/0542:50> »
She's still upset that Australia managed to win the Second Great Emu War.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #79 on: <06-29-19/1934:40> »
Finally downloaded it. Looks like you can get a crap ton of karma from Negative qualities.

I hope the control rig does more than that in the main rules. 2 essence is a lot for +2 dice and 1 edge.

As a aside I thought I heard max of one skill at 6 she has 2. Either she is wrong or what I heard was.

I’m not sure if she is supposed to be a practical example. But 8k a month for debt. Even with a low lifestyle that’s lots of cash each month she has to come up with. Maybe paydays are a bit bigger this edition.

Hephaestus

• Omae
  • "Milk Run" is a mighty weird way to spell TPK
« Reply #80 on: <07-01-19/2113:01> »
Are any of the drone or vehicle stats available?

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #81 on: <07-02-19/0709:59> »
Just had the time to look into it. I guess itīs hard to evaluate without a look into the QSR and the gear cards for the different drones and vehicles. But admittingly, most oft the general bits of information I could extract from this donīt look too bad. Some things I noticed:

• The Attack rating for the Assault Rifle peaks in near and medium ranges, but is only 1 at Extreme range. So you can use an Assault Rifle as an improvised Sniper Rifle, but you will almost certainly give your target an Edge. But even more interesting, the Attack rating for close ranges is also quite low. Iīll guess that smaller Weapons like SMGs will have an actuall niche besides Conceilability now, because they will likely have a better rating in close range. I wonder how the Laser Sight comes into play? Is it a dice pool bonus or is it factored into the Attack ratings?
  • Gunnery is now part of the Engineering Skill. Weird Choice TBH, but it reduces the amount of Skills needed for a dedicated Rigger.
  • The Lockheed Optic-X2 now has a Threshold Modifikator for Spotters instead of a negative Dice Pool modifikator.
  • The gaming examples are pretty good IMO. They give good hints on how to do both Recon and Transportation and even some suggestions for things to do besides the usual rigger stuff (Judge Intentions f.i.). Itīs a good idea to remind players, especially new ones, that their characters can also help the team by doing common sense things that are not specialties of their chosen archetype.
  • Itīs also worth noting that thereīs now fight going on, though.  Iīd be very interested about the way Edge works for drone bunnies. Do you have to keep track for every drone or can you share Edge between the Drones (f.i. via the RCC?)
  • Holy shit, are addictions punishing now! Without her fags, Emuīs just a cold turkey. (Couldnīt resist the pun. Sorry  ::))
« Last Edit: <07-02-19/0856:54> by Finstersang »

Iron Serpent Prince

• Omae
« Reply #82 on: <07-02-19/0939:14> »
  • Holy shit, are addictions punishing now! Without her fags, Emuīs just a cold turkey. (Couldnīt resist the pun. Sorry  ::))

That remains to be seen.  At the very least, there is a typo on the dossier.  In the Qualities box of the character sheet her Addiction is listed as Level 3.  On the back pages where they detail that, the penalty effect is listed as Level 1.

It could be a very simple Level value typo.  On the other hand, it could be really screwed up where the Addiction level was intended to be Level 1, and the back page is really for Level 3.  (In this "worst case" scenario the effect of Addiction is overhyped from what it will end up being.)

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #83 on: <07-03-19/1334:35> »

That remains to be seen.  At the very least, there is a typo on the dossier.  In the Qualities box of the character sheet her Addiction is listed as Level 3.  On the back pages where they detail that, the penalty effect is listed as Level 1.

It could be a very simple Level value typo.  On the other hand, it could be really screwed up where the Addiction level was intended to be Level 1, and the back page is really for Level 3.  (In this "worst case" scenario the effect of Addiction is overhyped from what it will end up being.)

It may be the first error found the in 6e example characters but if I was betting man, I'd wager a lot it won't be the last.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #84 on: <07-06-19/1628:46> »
Are any of the drone or vehicle stats available?
There's a few drones in the stat cards, but most of the stuff Emu has I could not find in the cards. I also forgot to bring the cards with me to the game today... Instead I gave the Rigger a sheet of paper with all the vehicle/drone stats, copied from Core.

He had fun taking cover under cars and firing at ankles. ;D Sent several gangers fleeing like crazy.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!