NEWS

[SR5][Missions] SRM07-03 Special Investigation Unit

• 1 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« on: <01-21-17/0835:39> »
SHADOWRUN MISSIONS: SPECIAL INVESTIGATION UNIT (0703)

ON THE CASE!
Collecting evidence. Visiting medical examiners. Questioning suspects. The cops may be a pain in shadowrunners’ hoops, but what kid didn’t play cops and robbers when they were growing up? Sometimes playing on the cops side, even? Now they have a chance to play for real. There’s been a death in the Chicago/Milwaukee sprawl—well, several, but one that got the attention of Detective Nick Ryder. It’s the sort of case he’d have trouble looking into alone, so he’s turned to the shadows. Runners will have the chance to crack the case—right down to the difficult work of bringing the perp to justice.

Special Investigation Unit is the latest installment of the Shadowrun: Missions adventures set in Chicago. Whether played as a standalone mission or the third job in the current season, it offers runners the challenge to see if their skills are on par with the people who are always chasing them.

SRM 07-03: Special Investigation Unit is for use with Shadowrun, Fifth Edition, though plot elements can be used with Shadowrun: Anarchy with some adaptation of character statistics.

CGL

DTRPG

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #1 on: <01-25-17/2029:25> »
I've always been facinated with the idea of what happens at the scene after a run.  With the technology and resources available to the big 10 in particular.  Always done my best to keep my players paranoid during and after a run for just that reason.  Its bred some smart play and some crazy actions by terrified players.

My favorite being a chance encounter with an FBI agent in an airport bathroom after an international run.  That moment of silence around the table was priceless.  Followed by disbelief their paranoid precautions had failed them.

Think it will make for some deep thought after the shoes on the other foot.
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon