NEWS

Encounters: Shadowrun

• 4 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« on: <12-02-16/1352:16> »
I was surfing around Catalyst's new online store this morning when I came across Encounters: Shadowrun:

https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/collections/featured-products-homepage/products/encounters-shadowrun

Never heard of it, never saw any announcement for it, still can't find any mention of it online or on the forums or anywhere else but the Catalyst store page.

Anyone have any insight into this mystery product?

Encounters: Shadowrun is a 1-8 player fast-paced, pushed-your-luck dice and card game. Players take the role of Mr. Johnson, arranging the megacorps' dirty work and adding new shadowrunners to their already-assembled teams. They send their teams into the shadows of the mean sprawl streets of the Sixth World, collecting though paydata to beat down their rivals. Grab some dice, make a team, and show 'em who's the boss.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <12-02-16/1502:35> »
You might want to check this thread out:

Shadowrun: Encounters

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <12-02-16/1524:51> »
Thanks for the link. Looks my eyes weren't working right.

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <12-02-16/2306:05> »
It's a nice 'push your luck' dice game with the Shadowrun IP pasted on. The game itself works as a gamble your position game but the Shadowrun story is. Bit forced onto the mechanics. As a fan of Shadowrun it was worth the price for the game and the art but I doubt it will make it to the table all that often.

Gingivitis

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #4 on: <12-09-16/1338:54> »
Played it maybe 5 times.  It needs some altered rules to feel more like Shadowrun.  Now I use the nuyen tokens for Plot Points and the dice as Glitch dice in Anarchy.
Shadowrun: Anarchy Resources (GM Screens, Character Sheets, New NPCs, House Rules) at: www.surprisethreat.com