NEWS

Shadowrun, Sixth Edition Core Book in hand, doesn't contain the errata fixes...

• 13 Replies

MatrixWalker

• Newb
« on: <09-26-19/2316:49> »
Just picked up my Physical copy (First Printing) of the Limited Edition Core and while it is a beautiful book it is identical to the Core book PDF (ver 25AUG2019). I thought the Physical release was delayed the last few (okay a little more than a few) weeks to print a copy of the book with those changes listed in the August Errata (ver 29JUL2019)? Was I mistaken on what was to be purchased?

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <09-26-19/2318:40> »
a reprint would take several months to schedule, run, and ship

KatoHearts

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <09-26-19/2325:26> »
Those books were on the boat before the hotfix errata existed.

Lormyr

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #3 on: <10-06-19/0737:29> »
I know it doesn't help you now (sorry), but my advise would be for folks to wait until the next print run following the upcoming large errata document before buying physical copies. PDFs should be safe as those usually get automatically updated for free.
"TL:DR 6e's reduction of meaningful choices is akin to forcing everyone to wear training wheels. Now it's just becomes a bunch of toddlers riding around on tricycles they can't fall off of." - Adzling

yossarian22xxii

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <10-15-19/0358:25> »
PDFs should be safe as those usually get automatically updated for free.

so, can I assume that if I buy the pdf version, it already has the errata fixes included?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #5 on: <10-15-19/0413:44> »
From what I recall, people noted part of the hotfix-errata is already in place in the new PDF.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

wraith

• Chummer
  • just another ghost in the machine
« Reply #6 on: <10-15-19/0553:10> »

so, can I assume that if I buy the pdf version, it already has the errata fixes included?

You could assume that.

Chances are, probably not.  CGL has not been great with PDF updates lately, such as the SR5 version of No Future flat out no longer being available on DT.

stuh42l

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <11-26-19/2019:21> »

It comes with the errata tacked on to the end. It's not incorporated into the doc. I got it through DTRPG.

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <11-26-19/2048:08> »
I downloaded my pdf from the catalyst store and errata IS included, not tacked onto end.

skalchemist

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <11-27-19/0949:49> »
I downloaded my pdf from the catalyst store and errata IS included, not tacked onto end.
I went through this by hand when I got my PDF, and all the errata is in there, but its in there in a way that preserved the page layout and page numbering of the PDF as compared to the printed version.  So relatively minor changes in text, etc. are included in that spot in the PDF.  Things like whole tables have put at the end of the book, even when it seems like it specifies it should be in place.   I imagine re-laying, re-indexing, and re-paginating the whole thing is a major operation. 

I did check each item in the errata (or at least remember doing so) and they could all be found in the PDF of the corebook I have.  You just sometimes had to hunt around.
« Last Edit: <11-27-19/0954:06> by skalchemist »

Dirty Shame

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <12-17-19/1450:44> »
For those of us who are die-hard fans and preordered the book through are local gaming store have an opportunity to request a PDF copy that has been updated with the errata?

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <12-17-19/1909:14> »
I believe your best bet is to reach out directly to CS at the CGL web store...or just wait for the next sale at DTRPG.

0B

« Reply #12 on: <12-17-19/2134:28> »
A few tables got moved to odd places (For layout reasons, presumably), but everything's there. I don't recall if the index/table of contents was updated to aid in finding the tables.

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <01-17-20/1654:51> »
DrivethruRPG just notified me the the CRB pdf has been updated