NEWS

[3E] Flying Recon/Non Standard PC?

• 0 Replies

DeathofVirtue

• Chummer
  • Astral Ghost
« on: <06-08-16/0014:13> »
Hi chummers, first time poster but not my first run.  Ok so I play 3E with a group of friends roughly every other weekend, we run pretty non standard jobs/rules.  (To try and clarify the setting).  We are switching gm pretty soon from our regular to me and I figured now would be a good time to crack out a new character to allow me to inject some overarching plot into the run and direct the players focus towards plot devices they might otherwise miss.  The basic idea is that she will start out as an npc I can controll as gm who is introduced to the runners through their fixer (a former pc who stepped out of the shadows so a more rounded runner with more limbs remaing could take his place).  As the run wraps up I intend to give them her as a contact and or possibly a pc who can help them on runs dependent on the situation(dependent on if they screw the run of course).   

Shes inspired by spy UAV's.  Basically she a heavily genetically modified elf, (The product of an Ares sponsored shadowrun that sucessfully infiltrated a universal omnitech lab and made off with the research).  Basically she has wings and can use them quite well along with cybereyes with the rank 3 zoom, thermographic, camera and image link.  She also has a skullphone and sub- vocals so she can REALLY maximise on the recon role I want her to fill.   I'm trying to work on balancing the wings at the moment and would appreciate feedback and ideas.  So far the wings are betaware cost 3 Essence 600k NY and half her carry weight.  Additionaly I'm adding several flaws to compensate and bring things more in line.  She gets -2 Charisma, -2 intelligence and -1 Willpower whenever shes in an enclosed space, further if she cant get out of the enclosed space (I.E a cell, plane, lost in a cave) Then she has to roll Willpower(5)+- modifiers or she will suffer a mental break and start attacking the entrance/exit and anyone she percieves to be blocking her way out (Including potentialy fellow runners).  (The idea is that she remembers being caged and experimented on by Ares and is still highly traumatised).  She also has a hunted rating with Ares.  I'm also toying with the idea of adding the destinctive style negative but only for people who have seen her wings.

I want her to fill a more supportive than combat roll so her knowledge and active skills are focused around gathering info, stealth, survival, tracking and recon with a few points in snipers and smg's for if she needs to help in more intense situations however her armour and stats are a limiting factor in combat as she does not have enough carry weight to get strong armour, lots of guns/ammo etc (She relies on camouflage gear +4's to perception against stealth in areas of same type as camo to not get caught) and has moderate body (5).

Oh she has an Ares SIN linked to her DNA (AR-1-EL (stands for Ares Subject 1 Elf) also where she gets her name, Ariel) but it's not shared (No point telling everyone about your little science experiment that broke free, right)?   Anyhow, does that seem relatively balanced or am I being biased?  I could use some outside opinions here as our groups info skills are a little... Lacking and i figured she would fit in well and fill a needed role without being op.
Because if I pass you I wont even leave a breeze.
If you search for me you won't find a trace.
What then do those seeking me say they found?
Nothing.
Zero is nothing.
I am Zero.
What better name for myself?
 -Zero on being asked where he got his name...