NEWS

Oh the possibilities...

• 25 Replies

JimJungle

• Chummer
  • I Keep My Ham Sliding...
« on: <04-18-11/0440:54> »
Since it is possible to replace almost all of your body (except vital organs and brain) with cyber parts, couldnt it be possible to just make a customized body for yourself? I'm not talking bout regular arms and legs though, i mean something truly unique. Like a cyber Man-Tiger, or the like. Is there precedent for a full brain transfer? I know you can use almost all your essence and still live but be mostly machine. So could I skip that and just put my brain into a robot body? Or would that use all the essence? And i know Rigging is a shortcut for that, but thats not what i'm talking about.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #1 on: <04-18-11/0447:26> »
Take a look at Augmentation, specifically the "Cutting Edge" chapter.  I think you'll be pleased. 

The Seven

• Chummer
  • It only is paranoia if you can't prove it.
« Reply #2 on: <04-18-11/2359:28> »
Cyborgs, chump.

Quote from: Puppet Master
Quote from: Major Motoko Kusanagi
You talk about redefining my identity. I want a guarantee that I can still be myself.
There isn't one. Why would you wish to? All things change in a dynamic environment. Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you.
[the7 | abyssus abyssum invocat]

Quote from: Batou
What the hell did you use?
Your standard issue big gun.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #3 on: <04-19-11/1233:07> »
Cyborgs are great.  You get a pimped, bad ass robot body and a free basket of crazy to go along with it.

The Seven

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <04-19-11/1258:37> »
Cyborgs are great.  You get a pimped, bad ass robot body and a free basket of crazy to go along with it.

With 4 IPs. Ouch.

John Shull

• Chummer
  • Predictablility kills
« Reply #5 on: <04-27-11/1208:34> »
If you were an AI and had a bot body you jumped in and rigged.  That would be interesting.  You could have several forms made up and maybe some skillwires to round it out.  The AI needs some reason to want such hands on interactionwith the meat world.  Like reverse technomancing/hacking where the puter is playing meatside.  Would curiosity from the electronic side drive a story like that?
Opportunities multiply as they are seized.  --Sun Tzu

ARCimedes

• Newb
  • /i\(;,;)/i\
« Reply #6 on: <04-27-11/1733:06> »
If you were an AI and had a bot body you jumped in and rigged.  That would be interesting.  You could have several forms made up and maybe some skillwires to round it out.  The AI needs some reason to want such hands on interactionwith the meat world.  Like reverse technomancing/hacking where the puter is playing meatside.  Would curiosity from the electronic side drive a story like that?

An exceptionally gifted and knowledgeable AI might do that, I suppose. In a power play, it may be useful to have a real world body to jump in to when your inept minions fail you...
-ARCimedes

Are you sure you want a flame thrower?

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #7 on: <05-16-11/2032:43> »
Disclaimer: the below concept is not my original creation. I have only fought them.I just read this and figured since I've seen where one of these possibilities ends why not share it?

Hell why bother with an AI? Up the OH SHIT factor by 10 and get an awakened vampire that is also a skilled hacker. Destroy it's body and place it's Brain inside CCU (p.163 Augmentation) hook mage sight cyberware to the optical sensory portions of the brain,  that can see in a 360 degree view around it. if you make the chassis humanoid, give it spurs that have a hollowed out center that attach internally to pump that is designed to suck blood and ends feeding the brain the blood. (now we can steal essence, and cast spells!) Tune up the chassis system and firewall to as high as you can as well as a disconnect for it's PAN (countering exterior hackers) and tweak the other cyber systems as you please. Then attach other weapons and modifications as you please. (Don't forget to add your "free basket of crazy" monky. ;)) You now have a cyborg capable of casting spells, melee combat (with the extra danger of essence drain!), ranged combat (with everything up to panther XXL's, machine guns, missiles, grenades, even heavy lasers and railguns!), hacking, and the durability of a fully armored combat drone. (the one I fought had a body of 10 and an armor of i think 10. If you wanted to be a huge dick, you could make it armor of 20, not to mention what you could do with it's magical spells.)

It's faster than you, stronger than you, more magically empowered than you, and has weapons even your troll with the big guns can't carry. How's that for Scary?
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Morg

« Reply #8 on: <05-24-11/0107:28> »
Sadly the surgery would drop you to .1 essence and you would lose your magic at that point

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #9 on: <05-24-11/0133:50> »
Sadly the surgery would drop you to .1 essence and you would lose your magic at that point
I'm not as knowledgeable about vampires in SR so I'll explain my theory behind how this works. Once they feed again (via the spurs) they would gain temporary essence Equal to whatever level their most recent victim had. or more with total possible of 6. The process in which this was accomplished involved serious ritual blood magic, specialized resources, and AAA level R&D before it happened. Like I said O'mae, I've only fought them, I didn't build them. When my GM gets back from his RL adventures He might tell me more so I can explain it better.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

JimJungle

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <06-06-11/2100:09> »
Are there rules for a quadrapedal cyberware? Instead of having two boring ol' cyberlegs, why not four? Or six? Assuming you were already missing your legs, it wouldnt take extra essence, right? And it would be so much cooler. Imagine the upper half of a troll and the bottom half has six spider like legs with Gecko Pads, Grip Feet, and Foot Anchors. And thats just for starters. Has this been done? Walking troll tank.

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #11 on: <06-06-11/2300:26> »
Not that I know of, but I think part of the control training and additional computing processes are supposed to require additional essence; makes you even less metahuman.
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

The Seven

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <06-07-11/0202:37> »
Are there rules for a quadrapedal cyberware? Instead of having two boring ol' cyberlegs, why not four? Or six? Assuming you were already missing your legs, it wouldnt take extra essence, right? And it would be so much cooler. Imagine the upper half of a troll and the bottom half has six spider like legs with Gecko Pads, Grip Feet, and Foot Anchors. And thats just for starters. Has this been done? Walking troll tank.

Not that I know of, but I think part of the control training and additional computing processes are supposed to require additional essence; makes you even less metahuman.

Can be done, in theory; just have the "rigger brain" have a high Pilot Anthroform skill rating, maybe with a -2 (-4?) penalty when walking and doing something stressful at the same time (like shooting someone). CBA creating the body's statistics and anything other than that, though...

yell-out-mitch

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <06-07-11/1431:14> »
in the shadowrun 3rd edition book man & machine there is a cyberware extra arms but this takes a might toll on your essance and I am sure the same principles can be altered for legs.
you and your bloody rope!

I use my rope to do just about everything

JimJungle

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <06-13-11/0225:03> »
Lets go even further. Four legs with Grip Feet, and Gecko Grip. Four arms with Gecko Grip.
Human Octopede! Or Troll, or Orc.