NEWS

Feuerschwinge and Hestaby?

• 3 Replies

PMárk

• Chummer
« on: <03-26-18/2134:22> »
Okay, I'm not saying the two are the same. The timeline doesn't add up for that and there's nothing I've read so far implicating that from Jackpointers/Shadowlanders, etc. Though, Hestaby first appeared in 2053, while the Dragonfall story has taken place in 2054. Of course Dragonfall was written a lot later than the original books.

However, according to Lofwyr's remarks in the end of Dragonfall, Feuerschwinge was a quite benevolent dragon toward metahumans back in the day and very closely connected to the gree. She even got mad after awakening because she've seen the damage humans caused to the planet.

Menwhile, Hestaby has a penchant for awakened beings and metahumans and has a very serious green agenda too. Their coloration is also somewhat close, I think.

So, maybe they are siblings, or something? :) 
If nothing worked, let's think!

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <03-26-18/2342:33> »
Not related, AFAIK, but Feuerschwinge was one of Dunkelzhan's subordinates back in the 4th world, and Hestaby was a fan of Big D, so that could be the connection.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

lokii

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <03-27-18/0310:58> »
Though, Hestaby first appeared in 2053, while the Dragonfall story has taken place in 2054. Of course Dragonfall was written a lot later than the original books.

Side note: Hestaby probably appeared before 2053. The timeline in Dragons of the Sixth World introduces a bit of revision, when it asserts Hestaby settled the Shasta area after repelling the Tír assault force. But she was already there, when they attacked, though it is not known for how long. California Free State p.34:

And than there's the enclave around Mount Shasta [...] Nobody knows much for certain about this little piece of the Northern California wilderness, except that a mysterious dragon named Hestaby has set up house on the mountain and seems to control who gets in and out of the area under her protection. Most recently and dramatically. Hestaby asserted her authority over the dam by stopping a Tir Tairngire strike force dead in its tracks.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-27-18/1859:36> »
They're definitely two different dragons.