Shadowrun Play > Gamemasters' Lounge

[6E] How should I run 30 nights?

<< < (2/2)

marfish:
 ;D Thanks~ Let me see what I can do to improve, still looking for more tips though.

Aria:

--- Quote from: MercilessMing on ---
--- Quote from: 0B on ---This is my doc of wrongbad opinions on 30 nights. A lot of it stems from my pickiness about adventures. I prefer the older ones that spell out building layouts, positions of foes/traps, etc. There's a few places where it railroads players where it doesn't need to:

--- End quote ---
Edit your link, didn't work for me - I think you just need to remove the quotation marks from the url code.  worked for me when I copy pasted the url inside your code.

Also 0B I used your doc when going through 30 Nights, even though it's a review with some critiques, it had some helpful suggestions that made my game better.

--- End quote ---
I couldn't get the link to work either, even with some editing so a version I can use would be great as I am currently on 'night 7' ... but then I have gone waaaay off piste and am using it as background rather than trying to follow the events as per the book which makes it easier to use full blown runner PCs rather than 'ordinary' Toronto residents...

marfish:

--- Quote from: Aria on ---
--- Quote from: MercilessMing on ---
--- Quote from: 0B on ---This is my doc of wrongbad opinions on 30 nights. A lot of it stems from my pickiness about adventures. I prefer the older ones that spell out building layouts, positions of foes/traps, etc. There's a few places where it railroads players where it doesn't need to:

--- End quote ---
Edit your link, didn't work for me - I think you just need to remove the quotation marks from the url code.  worked for me when I copy pasted the url inside your code.

Also 0B I used your doc when going through 30 Nights, even though it's a review with some critiques, it had some helpful suggestions that made my game better.

--- End quote ---
I couldn't get the link to work either, even with some editing so a version I can use would be great as I am currently on 'night 7' ... but then I have gone waaaay off piste and am using it as background rather than trying to follow the events as per the book which makes it easier to use full blown runner PCs rather than 'ordinary' Toronto residents...

--- End quote ---
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cUPD8igs3pdQSY2-68NIxdIqvuYi3MSSCHFSildrpX8/edit?usp=sharing
try this ;D

Beta:
I still feel that 30 Nights is poorly set up for a lot of common SR character types (not talking archetypes so much as attitudes and backgrounds).  My take was to start off with not-shadowrunners but let the events of the campaign pull them into more shadowy activity over time, so that once it was done they had the contacts, incentive, and experience to spend more time in the shadows.  But if you are already in the middle of things (especially if the new couple of characters are already made), that isn't an option for you.

In the actual running of it, I made up answers on some of the questions raised, so that I could give more closure.  One of the really big frustrations of the adventure as it is written is that you go through everything without ever really finding anything out.  Like once you've traced the vans all the way through, there is no real payoff, you essentially hit a dead end.  I found that providing at least a bit of payoff helped.

MercilessMing:
Yeah, the end of the matrix van thread in night 15 was a disappointment for me as a GM and the point where my game started to diverge a lot more from the book.  I used 15 as a pivot point in the Blackout thread, making it set the groundwork for a completely different Night 30 with bigger stakes and bigger player agency.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version