NEWS

I am the law.

• 38 Replies

Deliverator

• Chummer
« Reply #30 on: <10-11-12/0056:10> »
Honestly you wouldn't be able to make a lawgiver in shadowrun without creating a new weapon. And it would be massively over powered. But It would be sooo much fun to have

WSN0W

• Chummer
  • Never let a friend fool you twice.
« Reply #31 on: <10-11-12/0715:57> »
Do they ever call it a pistol or just sidearm/primary weapon? Might have better success taking a rather compact SMG as the base model.

And since it's a home game kind of thought exercise, you could just venture into the 'exotic weapon' territory and let it be a snazzy awesome sauce weapon because it's exotic.

The traveler Judge Dredd system has the Lawgiver as it's own weapon skill so they make no bones about it being a non-standard sidearm.

WSN0W

• Chummer
  • Never let a friend fool you twice.
« Reply #32 on: <10-11-12/0722:23> »
"Wait."

One word, and it had WEIGHT to it!  It slammed down like a bunch of lead slabs hitting a marble floor!

I agree that was a great scene. What I felt this movie did (and why it's a 77% Rotten Tomato's action movie and not a 34% action movie) is that even though it's about as direct a plot as can be 'go here, investigate murder, esclate scope of investigation, kill everyone, eat a taco.' the crucible that Anderson goes through is very well done and she is forced to sink or swim (as Dredd says in the beginning "It's all the deep end")

But what truly impressed beyond her amazingly done crucibal series of events was Dredd's on subtle shifts and developments. How he let his own opinion change over the course of the movie without ever having to truly compromise his pride in an overt way to admit it.

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #33 on: <10-11-12/0849:11> »
The German Synchro was better.
At least in the Stallone Movie.
No idea about the new one yet.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

White_Knight

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <10-11-12/2151:24> »
Honestly you wouldn't be able to make a lawgiver in shadowrun without creating a new weapon. And it would be massively over powered. But It would be sooo much fun to have

Honestly the biggest problem seems to be the multiple multiple different ammo types. Additional clip will get you two ammo types, but between the underbarrel GL and the machine pistol/smg portion Dredd (Urban version) fires about 6 different ammo types without having to swap magazines or change loads.

Deliverator

• Chummer
« Reply #35 on: <10-11-12/2155:42> »
Like I said, you would have to create a whole new weapon type. A form of caseless ammunition that  carries an extensive number of various types of warheads (projectiles) and they all use the same propellant or some kind of energy propellant maybe like a rail gun.

DoubleTap

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <10-13-12/0803:22> »
it would be awesome weapon.  Machine pistol with ammo skip, a underbarrel grenade launcher, and a Id system. 

I like both movies actually.  The old movie, just because.  The new one was much better though and closer to the 2000AD comics.
always Double Tap.
I'm a engineer if I cant fix it I can damn sure break it. (SSG Brown 12B osut instructor)

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #37 on: <10-14-12/0608:09> »
Metal Storm Weaponry would do that just fine.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

Ympulse

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <10-14-12/1255:43> »
Revolvers are the only weapons with ammo skip that would work, though. Anything else would spit out rounds if you asked for something near the bottom.
Not using the "Metal Storm" method of electronic firing. You have, say six barrels, each packed with 10-20 individual rounds. Just handwave that you can pick which barrel fires at any given time, and there you go. Basic framework for  "Da Lawuh"