NEWS

Ware that gets less love than you think it deserves

• 63 Replies

Krindi

• Newb
« Reply #45 on: <08-26-15/1436:04> »
Except if you use Electronic witness and made man the records would go to the Don to find out what you do all day kinda surprised the corps dont do this already on their wage slaves as part of their security survellince

They probably do.  Company uniform for anybody sensitive comes standard with a Response Interface Gear (RIG) [R&G85].  ¥2500 plus the cost of the uniform and helmet is a small price to pay for security, am I right?  Full sim-suite and monitoring system.  "It allows records of each soldier's actions and situations to be passed up the chain of command, as well as accessing the user's natural senses for use as sensor channels."  Just substitute 'worker' for 'soldier'. 

Sure, the company looks a little odd with everybody wandering around with helmets on, it also really reinforces the 'slave' part of 'wage-slave'.

Whiskeyjack

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <08-26-15/1506:05> »
I don't think a lot of corps would care to that level. If most of your workforce lives in your arcology you already know everything going on with them even without using that restrictive of a system. That said I could see it a lot easier with Japanacorps or Wuxing where there are very different cultural ideas of individuality versus the "Western" corps.
« Last Edit: <08-26-15/1723:14> by Whiskeyjack »
Playability > verisimilitude.

Krindi

• Newb
« Reply #47 on: <08-26-15/1711:34> »
Yeah sorry, it was understood in my head (but I didn't write it out), that this would apply to any sort of field operatives.

Whiskeyjack

• Prime Runner
« Reply #48 on: <08-26-15/1723:41> »
I note that my phone autocorrects "arcology" to "sexologist." Welp.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #49 on: <08-26-15/1734:27> »
I was a *tad* curious about that.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #50 on: <08-26-15/2030:01> »
I missed that autocorrectiong. :'(
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

blunt

• Newb
« Reply #51 on: <08-26-15/2253:22> »
In the sensors table, it lists two housings (hand held and wall mounted) and two sensor categories (single and array).

An array takes up [6] capacity but only the maxed out wall housing is big enough capacity 1 to 6, 6 being the capacity needed.

The sensor housing table lists the maximum sensor RATING by size of the housing.

So you can have a hand held device that caps out at 3 capacity,  which means 3 single sensors.  Those sensors are in turn capped by the size of the housing limiting it to rating 3 sensors.

P.446 A Large drone, cyberlimb 5, Max Sensor Functions
Motorcycle 6, Max Sensor Functions
Vehicle (larger than a motorcycle) 7, Max Sensor Functions

By this logic, drone's could not have sensor arrays.

What is insinuated is:  that you can have a sensor array on a drone, or something small.

Example:  P. 127 "Bounty Hunter", "sensor array (Rating 3) (handheld),"

P. 445 "Most vehicles and drones come factory-equipped with
a sensor array (at a rating listed with their stats)."

What I understand is:  a single sensor, is a single sensor.
and a "sensor array", is more than one sensor in a single device.  Like infrared goggles that also have low light vision.   2 sensor functions.
« Last Edit: <08-26-15/2304:54> by blunt »
the best way to defeat a monster, is to give it what it wants, and then run like hell.

Hibiki54

• Omae
« Reply #52 on: <08-26-15/2330:47> »
I hardly see any chromed runners with Toxin Extractors and Tracheal Filters.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #53 on: <08-27-15/0021:13> »
it's tragic but no one uses poison these days. Maybe that will change :)
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #54 on: <08-27-15/0238:32> »
The nephritic screen is actually a very fine piece of ware in that regard. Especially since it allows you to take drugs with relative impunity (even if their duration is shortened significantly)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Whiskeyjack

• Prime Runner
« Reply #55 on: <08-27-15/0701:18> »
I think part of that is because taking an air tank and switching over to stored air is usually better and a more broad solution to more problems.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #56 on: <08-27-15/0759:14> »
I think part of that is because taking an air tank and switching over to stored air is usually better and a more broad solution to more problems.

My (admittedly somewhat paranoid) main Missions character has an air tank and will be picking up an anti-tox nanite hive once it becomes legal.  Reducing a toxin's power >> adding dice to your  Toxin Resistance Test.  His autoinjector includes antidotes to narcojet and neuro-stun as well.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #57 on: <08-27-15/0833:33> »
What? No antitox to Pepper Punch? The stuff is so cheap that capsule round with it are cheaper than normal ammo, not to mention grenades.

Which incidentally brings this full circle for me: Pepper Punch seems to be very underrated considering its legal even in grenade form...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #58 on: <08-27-15/0845:29> »
The 5 slots are antidotes to neuro-stun/narcojet/pepper punch, a trauma patch, and a stim patch.  ;)  He's gotten maced enough to learn.

But to the main point of the thread, the soft nanohive seems like it could be a pretty potent addition for lots of folks.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Whiskeyjack

• Prime Runner
« Reply #59 on: <08-27-15/0922:15> »
The big question is how does it interact with CFD?